How long are my posts moderated for?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
floatsy1

How long are my posts moderated for?

Post by floatsy1 »

I seem to be on some security list - how long are my posts moderated for? :jumping:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: How long are my posts moderated for?

Post by DNS »

All new members have their first several posts moderated. This is to make sure a new members isn't coming here to spam or to proselytize another religion. There is no set number, but as long as you continue posting within the terms of service, moderated status will be removed. And then your posts will post immediately.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Some day I'll get used to it saying who posted in the thread most recently. Normally it is the one who started the thread. So I was saying to myself, what on earth could you have done, DNS? But now I see what happened.
floatsy1

Post by floatsy1 »

Kind of feels unwelcome, even after 9-10 posts.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Keep posting. Try saying stuff that shows what kind of practitioner you are and how much you know.
allium

Post by allium »

floatsy1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:11 am Kind of feels unwelcome, even after 9-10 posts.
Your last post - before this one - was Theravāda for Beginners - it requires moderator approval, even after 90-100 posts.
Theravāda for Beginners
A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

floatsy1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 pm I seem to be on some security list - how long are my posts moderated for? :jumping:
Try to ask a question in the general Theravada section.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
allium

Post by allium »

floatsy1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 pm I seem to be on some security list - how long are my posts moderated for? :jumping:
https://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20017
The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Further to the posts above, once you've passed the initial number of posts required (which you already have), it's only these two forums which are on moderator queue...

- Theravada For Beginners
- Hot Topics

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."