new format?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
bazzaman

new format?

Post by bazzaman »

I didn't get the memo, so I was surprised to see that the threads now omit the OP's identity, and only list the name of the last person to post. So it looks like I will be lured into threads started by a couple of serial papanca-meisters who I would normaly avoid. Can I ask the reason for the change?
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,
mjaviem

Re: new format?

Post by mjaviem »

When I see the list of threads on my mobile phone I can onlyb see whose the last post so I sometimes turn the phone to horizontal. Perhaps you mean this?
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
SDC

Post by SDC »

mjaviem is correct. It is an issue with vertical view on mobile. I’ve had that since the server migration and update about 3? years ago. But, yes, if you turn it horizontal everything will look as you expect.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
mjaviem

Post by mjaviem »

SDC wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 am mjaviem is correct.
Oh you say it as if there were an I who is right but no one is there... :tongue:
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
SDC

Post by SDC »

mjaviem wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:04 am
SDC wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 am mjaviem is correct.
Oh you say it as if there were an I who is right but no one is there... :tongue:
The post with the principle designation “mjaviem” is accurate. :D

Just as long as there is no request to be referred to as a “sphere”.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

It's not just mobile, though clearly such programmed variations with screen size (which are common) have been implemented with mobile and other small screens in mind. If you reduce the width of the window on your laptop/desktop, you can see various things change. For example, the avatars get smaller and are not in their own column.

:heart:
Mike
bazzaman

Post by bazzaman »

SOLVED... I have been using a desktop and monitor, and I had been using a screen-size that was too large to see the OP's moniker. A little zoom-out and it re-appears. Sorry for my false alarm.
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,