Suggestions:ToS 3.j. Excessive posting against core Theravada principles, including kamma, rebirth, the awakening of the Buddha will not be allowed except in great rebirth thread and other topics where it may be on-topic, but not in other areas of the forum.
I suggest the following important (but simple) changes for ToS:
- 1) The meaning of the phrase "Excessive posting" should be "All the history of excessive posting".
Otherwise anyone can post excessively one by one. (as usually happens from a long time)
Judging a user's behavior only by a single post of him is pointless.
(which is the post in consideration by a staff member at any give time)[/list]
His history of aggressive/bad behavior up until the present incident should be the measure.
- 2) A new point for ToS is needed which covers "Chasing" by an aggressive user or opposite-view-holder (or by a general user during a sudden aggressive mind-state).
Eliminating the Root causes is the only way. Removing the leaves doesn't work,
as obviously proven for years.
This chronic problem affects the mentality of
- Original Poster (obviously)
- Attacker (always)
- Other users (by seeing it)
- Moderators (by seeing it / if reported / while discussing)
- Admins (by seeing it /if reported / while discussing)
- Newcomers: If a newcomer or someone who new to Buddhism visits such threads,
he will find no threads he can read without any unnecessary aggressive debate,
which is driving new people away from not only from the forum but also from the Buddhism.