Finding My Own Topics

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Finding My Own Topics

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

On my profile page there is a link to my posts, but if I want to find the topics that I have started (a much shorter list), I have to use the Advanced Search facility.

It would be nice to have a simple link in the user profile to find topics by the user.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
mjaviem

Re: Finding My Own Topics

Post by mjaviem »

But it should be disabled for user Sarathw's profile to not overload the servers. :tongue:
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

There's also this view which is slightly more condensed, if that is helpful. (Still going through Advanced Search.)
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

mjaviem wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:18 pm But it should be disabled for user Sarathw's profile to not overload the servers. :tongue:
Don't pick on me.
:jedi: :D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings bhante,
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 pm On my profile page there is a link to my posts, but if I want to find the topics that I have started (a much shorter list), I have to use the Advanced Search facility.

It would be nice to have a simple link in the user profile to find topics by the user.
Unfortunately there's no parameters natively within the system which allow for that, any faster than the Advanced method you have defined.

If you click on someone's profile you can see their posts in reverse chronological order, but that probably isn't much help as it's not laid out by topic.

Another alternative, if you know keywords etc. is to use the Google Saffron Search Engine. This is my first port of call if I'm looking for specific topics I created in the past.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SDC

Post by SDC »

SarathW wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:08 pm
mjaviem wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:18 pm But it should be disabled for user Sarathw's profile to not overload the servers. :tongue:
Don't pick on me.
:jedi: :D
The almighty Sarath and his bandwidth-crushing post count. :bow:
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I made myself a bookmark, which is even quicker than going to my profile.
My Topics.png
My Topics.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings bhante,

Nice. Good suggestion. :thumbsup:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."