Meditation chair

If you wish to partake in casual "off-topic" discussion amongst spiritual friends, please do so in the Lounge at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
dhammarelax

Meditation chair

Post by dhammarelax »

I am looking to buy a few meditation chairs with a back rest so I am looking for a relativly inexpensive solution, has anyone had a good experience with any product like that?

Smile all the time
dhammarelax
Last edited by dhammarelax on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5
Ben

Re: Meditation chair

Post by Ben »

Yes.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
dhammarelax

Post by dhammarelax »

Ben wrote:Yes.
image.jpeg
Do you rest your back on the wall?
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5
Ben

Post by Ben »

dhammarelax wrote:
Ben wrote:Yes.
image.jpeg
Do you rest your back on the wall?
I have to admit that photo is not my meditation set up. However, mine is very similar. I try to maintain posture, but sometimes I do rest my back against the wall for brief periods.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
dhammacoustic

Post by dhammacoustic »

Hi dhammarelax, google 'Basho meditation chair'.

:anjali:
dhammarelax

Post by dhammarelax »

dhammacoustic wrote:Hi dhammarelax, google 'Basho meditation chair'.

You are talking about this one? http://bashodesign.us/facts-and-values" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smile all the time
dhammarelax
dhammacoustic

Post by dhammacoustic »

dhammarelax wrote:You are talking about this one? http://bashodesign.us/facts-and-values" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smile all the time
dhammarelax
That's the one :twothumbsup:
there will be a time of delivery of about 3 – 6 weeks.
samseva

Post by samseva »

dhammarelax wrote:You are talking about this one? http://bashodesign.us/facts-and-values
There are many other different meditation benches. Zafus are also good (but the following suggestions still apply). Look around online and on various other forums and stores.

Make sure the seller is reputable and allows returns, since you will know if it is good only after a decent amount of use. A variation in angle of a few degrees—especially during long meditation sessions—can be the difference between a meditation bench and a backache dispenser. :smile: Trying it in person is even better, but still make sure returns are possible.

The one I wanted to buy before was this one: http://www.bluecony.com/meditation-bench-ikuko (seize position). I didn't buy it, so I can't give you completely reliable information. I did try it in person and it was pretty comfortable. I didn't look up the shipping and returns, so make sure to do that.
subaru

Post by subaru »

I find that if I have 2 smaller cushions to support each knees, I have less tendency to get the excruciating leg pain. Anybody feel the same way?
:candle:
Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

subaru wrote:I find that if I have 2 smaller cushions to support each knees, I have less tendency to get the excruciating leg pain. Anybody feel the same way?
Yes. I use one smaller cushion to support one knee and it makes a huge difference in terms of stability and relieving knee pain.