Ven. Dhammanando Appreciation Thread

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
binocular

Ven. Dhammanando Appreciation Thread

Post by binocular »

Sovatthika wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 amit impresses me, bhante, how careful and attentive you are when questions are asked.
Indeed!

Do express your appreciation for Ven. Dhammanando here.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Ven. Dhammanando Appreciation Thread

Post by Sam Vara »

:bow:
befriend

Post by befriend »

Sadhu venerable. your boundless devotion to knowledge is a breath of fresh air and makes you a comforting clear presence on this forum. Thank you :anjali:
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

I'm personally very appreciative of Ven. Dhammanando. His knowledge, his humour, and his coffee-making skills... :tongue: He has been very helpful to me for the decade I've known him electronically, and was a gracious host when I visited the monastery where he was temporarily located last year.

Ven Dhammanando (along with a number of other monastics I have met) is a great reminder that excellent advice, knowledge, and practice is not confined to a small number of famous teachers.

:heart:
Mike
Sobhana

Post by Sobhana »

I also very much appreciate his love of language. The way he expresses himself is a joy.
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

I've laughed out loud a few times from certain posts he has made - just the phrasing or something, I don't know. I've also benefitted from his answers here, and appreciate his inputs very much. Thank you, Venerable!
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Finding a Pali language helper can be difficult to obtain. My appreciation for Ven. Dhammanando!
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
binocular wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:21 pm Do express your appreciation for Ven. Dhammanando here.
Personally I prefer to do that one-on-one, as I find it rather garish to do so in an appreciation topic, but suffice to say, he is appreciated.

:anjali:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Thank you Bhante!

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
perkele

Post by perkele »

Yes, Ven. Dhammanando has indeed always been very helpful, and very careful to understand the concerns of others and how to answer them most tactfully and informatively as long as I can remember. I have been deeply impressed by this ability numerous times.
retrofuturist wrote:Personally I prefer to do that one-on-one, as I find it rather garish to do so in an appreciation topic, but suffice to say, he is appreciated.
One can try to be garish once in a while. :broke: :rolleye:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

We're lucky to have him here. :thumbsup:

JohnK

Post by JohnK »

(and thanks also binocular for this thread.)
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings perkele,
perkele wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 pm Yes, Ven. Dhammanando has indeed always been very helpful, and very careful to understand the concerns of others and how to answer them most tactfully and informatively as long as I can remember. I have been deeply impressed by this ability numerous times.
retrofuturist wrote:Personally I prefer to do that one-on-one, as I find it rather garish to do so in an appreciation topic, but suffice to say, he is appreciated.
One can try to be garish once in a while. :broke: :rolleye:
I'm not saying it's objectively garish, or that people shouldn't do it. If it feels right to you or others to do it publicly, then do as you feel is proper.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
chownah

Post by chownah »

It's nice to have monks post here. There used to be more posts by monks here and I miss the input of those who have not posted in awhile and appreciate those who do.
Hoping to hear from them again.
chownah
L.N.

Post by L.N. »

Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。