professional cuddling

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Pseudobabble

Re: professional cuddling

Post by Pseudobabble »

Dhammarakkhito wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm like i said i was seriously considering doing this, but i posted on craigslist and the only response so far wants me to get naked
Lolllll.. Man, really? Did you imagine something else would happen?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
Dhammarakkhito

Post by Dhammarakkhito »

idk
"Just as the ocean has a single taste — that of salt — in the same way, this Dhamma-Vinaya has a single taste: that of release."
— Ud 5.5

https://www.facebook.com/noblebuddhadha ... 34/?type=3

http://seeingthroughthenet.net/
https://sites.google.com/site/santipada ... allytaught
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Pseudobabble wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:10 am
SarathW wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:27 am When I go to my friends place the dog come to me and ask for a cuddle all the time.
But does he pay you?
In dog biscuits, perhaps? :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Dinsdale wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:49 am
SarathW wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:27 am When I go to my friends place the dog come to me and ask for a cuddle all the time.
But does he pay you?
Not my preferred currency...

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Pseudobabble wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 am

But does he pay you?
Though they might be useful for bribing other dogs...
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Dinsdale wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm
Pseudobabble wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 am

Though they might be useful for bribing other dogs...
For cuddles..?

Disciple

Post by Disciple »

saddest thing ever
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Disciple wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 pm saddest thing ever
Why? Both people got something they wanted and were happy about it, no one was hurt or injured, no one was taken advantage of or cheated. Some people rent a cuddler, some people keep pets (and spend beaucoup bucks on them) to fulfill a similar need.
:shrug:

ETA Just saw this on the news. It's definitely in the running for the saddest thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAa9GnNA9c
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Justsit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm
Why? Both people got something they wanted and were happy about it, no one was hurt or injured, no one was taken advantage of or cheated. Some people rent a cuddler, some people keep pets (and spend beaucoup bucks on them) to fulfill a similar need.
Because human intimacy, just like sexual intimacy (all human intimacy), is not a commodity.

Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Pseudobabble wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 am
Because human intimacy, just like sexual intimacy (all human intimacy), is not a commodity.
It can be, just like sex or loyalty. The only way some people will have it is to pay for it. This is samsara, after all; the whole situation is sad. Why is this case sadder than poverty or starvation or prejudice? Ignorance is sad. Sickness and death are sad.

Is it worse to pay for some semblance of intimacy, or to live completely without human touch? IMO, that's an individual choice that others should not judge.
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Justsit wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:48 pm
Pseudobabble wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 am
It can be, just like sex or loyalty. The only way some people will have it is to pay for it. This is samsara, after all; the whole situation is sad. Why is this case sadder than poverty or starvation or prejudice? Ignorance is sad. Sickness and death are sad.

Is it worse to pay for some semblance of intimacy, or to live completely without human touch? IMO, that's an individual choice that others should not judge.
All true, but I don't see it that way. Those things you mentioned which can be bought are still not commodities. Just because the choice exists for some in our current societal configuration between paying for it and not having it does't make the choice a legitimate one. A murderer forcing you to choose between a husband and a son is not a legitimate choice just because it must be made. The fact that it can be, and for some must be, bought, is, to me, an indication that there is a larger problem unresolved in human relations. Just because something can be treated as though it were a commodity doesn't mean such treatment won't have adverse consequences.

Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Pseudobabble wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:58 pm .....Those things you mentioned which can be bought are still not commodities. Just because the choice exists for some in our current societal configuration between paying for it and not having it does't make the choice a legitimate one. A murderer forcing you to choose between a husband and a son is not a legitimate choice just because it must be made. The fact that it can be, and for some must be, bought, is, to me, an indication that there is a larger problem unresolved in human relations. Just because something can be treated as though it were a commodity doesn't mean such treatment won't have adverse consequences.
What makes a choice legitimate? Duress or no duress? The lady in the OP wasn't under duress or forced to make a choice at all.

Agreed, there are larger problems in human relations, and buying affection can - not necessarily will - have adverse consequences. Neither saying nor implying otherwise.

The woman in the OP had a need and filled it in a way that was win for her, win for the young cuddler, and win for the husband because he wanted her to be happy and had no problem with her action. No one was harmed. IMO, that is hardly the "Saddest thing ever." YMMV.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Other videos by the same youtube channel include:

"Being A Sex Worker Makes Me A Better Mum"

"DOCS: Brothers & Sisters In Love"

And

"I Fell In Love With My Wife’s Girlfriend | EXTREME LOVE"

All seem quite harmless :coffee:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
binocular

Post by binocular »

Pseudobabble wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 amBecause human intimacy, just like sexual intimacy (all human intimacy), is not a commodity.
It appears that modern psychologists/psychiatrists disagree with the above. For them, it's all about numbers and things. So, yes, there's a way to view intimacy as a commodity.

There is, for example, the idea that one must enjoy sex, and if one doesn't one must conclude that there is something wrong with one. Clearly, in such a conception, sex, is treated as a commodity (and humans, too).
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Justsit wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:48 pmIs it worse to pay for some semblance of intimacy, or to live completely without human touch? IMO, that's an individual choice that others should not judge.
Have you seen Notes on a Scandal?
It's interesting what Dench's character has to say about not being touched.

But since this is still a Buddhist forum, different criteria apply that in the secular, non-Buddhist world.
IMO, that's an individual choice that others should not judge.
Oh, but they do, legally even.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!