Survival and Cannibalism

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Bundokji

Re: Survival and Cannibalism

Post by Bundokji »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 am I’m not Buddhist, I practice the dhamma(truth) as taught by the enlightened ones.
Don’t hijack this and wrap it up as “Buddhism” I do not care for that term as it’s religious in nature and leads to segregation.
I’m inclusive, but no need to get into that here.
So your “Buddhist terms” are dhamma terms to me and you hijack them when you refer to them as Buddhist.
On other forums I use other language and those who are attached to their own religions get mad at me as you do.
We are all discussing the same “thing(ultimate truth)” but using differing words or definitions. I find it divisive and I’m pretty sure the language corruption in place does this on purpose to keep humanity from unifying.
We are off topic here so can we bring this back to survival and cannibalism(cane and able”ism”). The ism’s are so funny to me. Buddhists discussing biblical terms without even realizing it.
I am not mad at you!

The main evil of governments and institutions is that they give the false impression that we are somehow united, when we are not. To acknowledge that is the cornerstone of proper conduct. Had you been united with fish, it wont quiver upon killing it, and it cares less about the ritualistic and religious respect you show upon the act of killing. The deceptive impression of unity ends when you defecate it.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Bundokji wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:57 pm
thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 am I’m not Buddhist, I practice the dhamma(truth) as taught by the enlightened ones.
Don’t hijack this and wrap it up as “Buddhism” I do not care for that term as it’s religious in nature and leads to segregation.
I’m inclusive, but no need to get into that here.
So your “Buddhist terms” are dhamma terms to me and you hijack them when you refer to them as Buddhist.
On other forums I use other language and those who are attached to their own religions get mad at me as you do.
We are all discussing the same “thing(ultimate truth)” but using differing words or definitions. I find it divisive and I’m pretty sure the language corruption in place does this on purpose to keep humanity from unifying.
We are off topic here so can we bring this back to survival and cannibalism(cane and able”ism”). The ism’s are so funny to me. Buddhists discussing biblical terms without even realizing it.
I am not mad at you!

The main evil of governments and institutions is that they give the false impression that we are somehow united, when we are not. To acknowledge that is the cornerstone of proper conduct. Had you been united with fish, it wont quiver upon killing it, and it cares less about the ritualistic and religious respect you show upon the act of killing. The deceptive impression of unity ends when you defecate it.
We don’t need to get into exactly how naive your post is.
Bottom line fishing is what it is, a way to gather flesh like grocery shopping. You just cut out the middle man from killing for you.
I’m sure buddha ate fish and meat.
And when the truth of McDonald’s comes out I’m sure many will realize they’ve been eating human for some time.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm We don’t need to get into exactly how naive your post is.
Bottom line fishing is what it is, a way to gather flesh like grocery shopping. You just cut out the middle man from killing for you.
And when the truth of McDonald’s comes out I’m sure many will realize they’ve been eating human for some time.
Monks can eat meat as they beg for food, so they do not get to choose. If i remember correctly, they would still refuse meat that is killed especially to feed them.

The rule on not killing or encouraging another to kill goes as far as not killing an animal to bring it out of its misery.

I do not see the point of mentioning McDonald's. Most conspiracy theories appear like revelations due to perceiving things as taboos, not as driven by ignorance. This is regardless of the truth of your statement.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm And when the truth of McDonald’s comes out I’m sure many will realize they’ve been eating human for some time.
:jumping:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
thepea

Post by thepea »

Bundokji wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:32 pm
thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm We don’t need to get into exactly how naive your post is.
Monks can eat meat as they beg for food, so they do not get to choose. If i remember correctly, they would still refuse meat that is killed especially to feed them.

The rule on not killing or encouraging another to kill goes as far as not killing an animal to bring it out of its misery.

I do not see the point of mentioning McDonald's. Most conspiracy theories appear like revelations due to perceiving things as taboos, not as driven by ignorance. This is regardless of the truth of your statement.
Are you calling me a prisoner pirate? I take great offence to being linked with piracy.
I’ll give you a chance to edit your post.
Cons piracy is not what I write about.
I’m a man of the land not a scurvy sea dog.
Last edited by thepea on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 pm

Are you calling me a prisoner pirate? I take great offence to being linked with piracy.
I don't know what prisoner pirate even means. If my input offended you, I apologise

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Ceisiwr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:56 pm
thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm And when the truth of McDonald’s comes out I’m sure many will realize they’ve been eating human for some time.
Yeah, surely it would taste better!

All credit, though, for that neat swerve back to the OP.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 pm

:rofl:
thepea

Post by thepea »

Bundokji wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 pm

I don't know what prisoner pirate even means. If my input offended you, I apologise
It’s a slave/prisoner crewman manning the oars below on a pirate ship, a cons piracy.
I’m a man of the land I left the ship years ago.
Your man Buddha was also a man of the land. He spoke as such and not as an ocean travelling sailor aboard the citizenship.
I’ll accept your apology(away from off speech) as I see you’re speaking as a sailor.
The buddhas suttas have been pirated and the land words have been swapped for nautical terms. Which teach compliance over sovereignty.
But :focus:
thepea

Post by thepea »

I’ve seen pictures of monks eating McDonald’s after layfolk give as dana. I think human is of the forbidden flesh is it not? As are some other flesh.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm

I’ve seen pictures of monks eating McDonald’s after layfolk give as dana. I think human is of the forbidden flesh is it not? As are some other flesh.
Yes, I believe it is forbidden. But you see to be missing a premise somewhere in that argument. Along the lines of "McDonald's sell human flesh burgers".
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 pm

Yes, I believe it is forbidden. But you see to be missing a premise somewhere in that argument. Along the lines of "McDonald's sell human flesh burgers".
I have to admit, I do love McDonalds :? :thinking: :shrug: :jumping:
santa100

Post by santa100 »

No more McDonald’s from now on? Now that's some severe austerity practice!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Ceisiwr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 pm
You're lovin' it!
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 pm

You're lovin' it!
:rofl:

I just hope KFC really is chicken now, or I'm really in trouble :o