Ajahn Sumedho at PFOD tonight

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
JMGinPDX

Ajahn Sumedho at PFOD tonight

Post by JMGinPDX »

Hi friends,

I'm not sure how many here live in the PacNW or in the Portland area specifically, but Ajahn Sumedho will be making a very rare appearance at the Portland Dhamma Center tonight, Friday 7/7/17, from 6:00pm-8:00pm PT.
He is on an increasingly-rare trip to the USA right now and this will be his only stop in this area, and I think one of his only public teaching events during the trip.

For those who can't attend, I'll be filming the event and will publish this weekend to the PFOD YouTube channel, linked below in my signature.

:anjali:
Right now, it's like this...
bodom

Re: Ajahn Sumedho at PFOD tonight

Post by bodom »

JMGinPDX wrote:For those who can't attend, I'll be filming the event and will publish this weekend to the PFOD YouTube channel, linked below in my signature.
That would be very much appreciated thank you!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
ryanM

Post by ryanM »

Thank you very much,

Ryan :anjali:
sabbe dhammā nālaṃ abhinivesāya

"nothing whatsoever should be clung to"
WindDancer

Post by WindDancer »

Thank you. I would love to come, but I live in Indiana, USA. Thank you for making the event available to those of us who live far away. Ajahn Sumedho is a true inspiration.
Live Gently....
aflatun

Post by aflatun »

Thank you for this! I look forward to watching :)
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli
Senses and the Thought-1, 42:53

"Those who create constructs about the Buddha,
Who is beyond construction and without exhaustion,
Are thereby damaged by their constructs;
They fail to see the Thus-Gone.

That which is the nature of the Thus-Gone
Is also the nature of this world.
There is no nature of the Thus-Gone.
There is no nature of the world."

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16
JMGinPDX

Post by JMGinPDX »

JMGinPDX wrote:Hi friends,

I'm not sure how many here live in the PacNW or in the Portland area specifically, but Ajahn Sumedho will be making a very rare appearance at the Portland Dhamma Center tonight, Friday 7/7/17, from 6:00pm-8:00pm PT.
He is on an increasingly-rare trip to the USA right now and this will be his only stop in this area, and I think one of his only public teaching events during the trip.

For those who can't attend, I'll be filming the event and will publish this weekend to the PFOD YouTube channel, linked below in my signature.

here it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRg7NBTq4j0

Or by navigating to our page below.
Enjoy!
bodom

Post by bodom »

JMGinPDX wrote:

here it is!

Enjoy!
Your the best.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Phena

Post by Phena »

JMGinPDX wrote:

here it is!

Enjoy!
Thanks JMGinPDX for taking the time to record this and share with us :anjali:
Thisperson

Post by Thisperson »

Awesome, thanks for recording and posting this! :thumbsup: What a time to be alive. Dhamma from thousands of miles away at the click of a button.
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Yes, thank you. :anjali:
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]
JMGinPDX

Post by JMGinPDX »

JMGinPDX wrote:

here it is!

Enjoy!
One additional treat for everyone - the Q&A session from the same visit to PFOD. It contains almost as much wisdom as the dhamma reflection :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aRgIERpX3U