how to deal with demons

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
cappuccino

Re: how to deal with demons

Post by cappuccino »

Pondera wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:26 am The trick is to shut the voices up completely.

It’s a day to day struggle.
ignore a friend and they will leave you alone

treat the voices such
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:59 am
Pondera wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:26 am The trick is to shut the voices up completely.

It’s a day to day struggle.
ignore a friend and they will leave you alone

treat the voices such
Spirit Guides are touchy when it comes to being ignored. I must rather engage the coping mechanisms they’ve taught me over time to ascend and be more like them.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 am
cappuccino wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 am
Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:36 am Are you sure those people normal in term of mental health?
the voice I hear is only imaginary

talking to myself
Oh I see. Freak me out. I thought everyone here literally got a different voice in their head. To me, it is schizophrenia and I saw them in Hospital, really unfortunate and disturbing.
It can be. But many schizophrenics find success in life.

A danish study found that 4 % of a given population will admit to hearing voices. 1 % will seek medical help because they are so intrusive. Of the other 3 % most keep it a secret and some even admit that the voices are helpful.

We all have an inner voice.

Do you not hear a voice when you read a sutta?
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Dhammavamsa

Post by Dhammavamsa »

DooDoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am
Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 am . To me, it is schizophrenia and I saw them in Hospital, really unfortunate and disturbing.
so those suttas that describe the Buddha, Anuruddha,etc, hearing devas conversing when developing psychic powers or those suttas where Mara is intruding are really about schizophrenia?
Oh, so now you talking about deities eh? I thought you don't believe anything what you can't see?

No one talking about Arahants here.
Oh I forgot, mistranslation again. Whatever.
Deleted
form

Post by form »

In a mental hospital environment, what some patients said may seem very supernatural. Some psychologists like Jung actually studied drawings and mental images of these patients. Jung himself have many experiences of seeing supernatural beings since young. I think usually in a dream state.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am Oh, so now you talking about deities eh? I thought you don't believe anything what you can't see?
In the suttas, the deva visited monks and Buddha. Devas can be seen; but not what you imagine devas to be.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am
DooDoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am
Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 am . To me, it is schizophrenia and I saw them in Hospital, really unfortunate and disturbing.
so those suttas that describe the Buddha, Anuruddha,etc, hearing devas conversing when developing psychic powers or those suttas where Mara is intruding are really about schizophrenia?
Oh, so now you talking about deities eh? I thought you don't believe anything what you can't see?

No one talking about Arahants here.
Oh I forgot, mistranslation again. Whatever.
He believes that devas exist and you can see them with your eyes, but doesn't believe in reincarnation etc. :lol: Very logical.
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
form

Post by form »

DooDoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am
Dhammavamsa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am Oh, so now you talking about deities eh? I thought you don't believe anything what you can't see?
In the suttas, the deva visited monks and Buddha. Devas can be seen; but not what you imagine devas to be.
It may not be the normal eyes.
form

Post by form »

Like this?