A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
user99

Do i always have right intention?

Post by user99 »

Do i always have right intention?
SteRo

Re: Do i always have right intention?

Post by SteRo »

"And what is right resolve? Being resolved on renunciation, on freedom from ill-will, on harmlessness: This is called right resolve."
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
Exhaling अ and inhaling धीः amounts to བྷྲཱུཾ་བི་ཤྭ་བི་ཤུད་དྷེ . (This is the esoteric essence of the yoga of continuous flow which is no different from the universal flux of materiality. Therefore exoteric natural science provides vital guidelines.) अञ्जलि वागीश्वर
user99

Post by user99 »

Does that mean that everyone doesnt do their best they can on that level their on?
NuanceOfSuchness

Post by NuanceOfSuchness »

user99 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:58 am Do i always have right intention?
In the haze of samsara right intention falters and often falters wildly. Our external world triggers predefined responses in us - sankharas leading to kammas. These responses are largely unseen or unconscious. What mindfulness (Satipatthana) does is help us unearth the mechanism by which these predefined responses arise to such an extant that mindfulness is borne onwards of itself where phenomena are seen to rise and fall perfectly and naturally wherever they manifest.

The unearthing of bodily processes always begins with your current capacity to observe. Once you have exhausted that capacity to observe at that level you are then able to observe bodily phenomena at previously unseen levels. The general direction it takes is from coarse to fine although it is never as straightforward as I have written it. So, in answering your question: there are unseen unwholesome mind states which are brought into awareness through the practice of mindfulness. However, they may be brought into your awareness through three substrates: thoughts, speech and actions - through which you can address in accordance with practice.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

If u take intention based on the perception of non self, impermanance of all then its right intention

if u take intentional based on law of karma even without supermundane right view, still its mundane right intention
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
user99

Post by user99 »

But if someone practice mindfullness it is because he doesnt crave so much!?
user99

Post by user99 »

Do you mean that every unmoral action everyone have did could have been stoped in time before it happened of him self or did it happen because of his craving and couldnt have been prevented?
Last edited by user99 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

user99 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 pm Do you mean that every unmoral action everyone have did could have beeing stoped in time before it happened of him self or did it happen because of his craving and couldnt have been prevented?
"everyone have did could have beeing stoped in time" what does that mean? There should be a conventional English expression.

Just try to use conventional language and grammar.
Exhaling अ and inhaling धीः amounts to བྷྲཱུཾ་བི་ཤྭ་བི་ཤུད་དྷེ . (This is the esoteric essence of the yoga of continuous flow which is no different from the universal flux of materiality. Therefore exoteric natural science provides vital guidelines.) अञ्जलि वागीश्वर
user99

Post by user99 »

Sorry i ment been stoped.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

user99 wrote: Sorry, I meant stopped.
:shrug:
"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine." -Socrates
Good for Your Soul
user99

Post by user99 »

confusedlayman wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:47 am If u take intention based on the perception of non self, impermanance of all then its right intention
What do you mean? What is perception of non-self?
Laurens

Post by Laurens »

Probably not.
"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

user99 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:04 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:47 am If u take intention based on the perception of non self, impermanance of all then its right intention
What do you mean? What is perception of non-self?
seeing five aggregates as mere process .. one rainfall dont do intentional action for another rainfaill its like that

these 5 agg are seen as 3rd person prespective but 3rd person is not another induvidual but just process of observation
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...