Question on DO

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
form

Re: Question on DO

Post by form »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:29 am
form wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:25 am
Let me study what u have given. Thank you. I dun have DN by the way. I do not like long stories.
I’d recommend studying all of the texts. In terms of namarupa DN15 is quite pertinent to the discussion. It always comes up, so an opinion is needed on it either way:
Contact
"'From name-&-form as a requisite condition comes contact. Thus it has been said. And this is the way to understand how, from name-&-form as a requisite condition comes contact. If the qualities, traits, themes, & indicators by which there is a description of name-group were all absent, would designation-contact with regard to the rupa-group be discerned?"

"No, lord."

"If the permutations, signs, themes, and indicators by which there is a description of rupa-group were all absent, would resistance-contact with regard to the name-group be discerned?"

"No, lord."

"If the permutations, signs, themes, and indicators by which there is a description of name-group and rupa-group were all absent, would designation-contact or resistance-contact be discerned?"

"No, lord."

"Thus this is a cause, this is a reason, this is an origination, this is a requisite condition for contact, i.e., name-and-form.
U certainly brought up something interesting for me to read.
form

Re: Question on DO

Post by form »

It looks like DO have both 3 life model and a momentary model.