Non-return needed to truly know no-self

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
BlackMagic

Re: Non-return needed to truly know no-self

Post by BlackMagic »

coconut wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:16 pm Thoughts?
Suppose a man were to hear something but not hear something, that becomes skin of the ear even though it was contact.
Suppose a man was to see something it becomes seeing or skin of the eye until it is seen as it is even though it was contact.
Suppose a man smells something is becomes skin of the nose until it is smelled again even though it was just contact.
suppose a man were to taste something it becomes skin of the tongue until it again even though it was just contact.
Suppose a man were to feel something it becomes the skin of skanada even thought it was just contact.

That one link covers the entire world of a man... clothes him feeds him and yet it is said to be painful why?

NI means or equals pain or sparsa.
Dana means freely given.

Ni(n)dana twelve of them to grasp in the spinning wheel... knowing this one can stop it and return to one as the wheel of law itself. Turning the wheel is birth for more lessons a cakravartin. (what is referred to as "god". The goddess or mother gives rebirth until the one she births comes to pain and suffering due to ignorance, greed or hate... for what she has freely given to the six worlds.

So where is mind? The all is mind when it is shunyata... the void in the potters wheel. The void in the hand for more potters ground, the void in the bucket for more potters water, the void on the shelf for more pots.... some call that void clear light it is empty, but has potential to be filled.

Both emptiness and potential is jhana or feeling that allows void or room for more birth... when birth has ceased; was work pleasant or unpleasant as Ananda or void; the corpse of work someone knows you do?

void the eye, another becomes full and seeing takes place, void the ear and hearing takes place, void the nose and smelling takes place, void the tongue and taste takes place, void contract and a new wheel takes place.

Meaning the corpse is no longer a corpse but birth... yet not into a "pure land" but to the kamma or all that is due to one to inherit due to being attached and has not renounced or perfected renunciation.

Homage to the...
Homage to the...
Homage to the...

Homage to the...
Homage to the...
Homage to the...

Homage to the...
Homage to the...
Homage to the...

Consider all the concepts from contact or noises between: Sparsa and contact.
What will arise? The divine ear

Shakyamuni only taught: The divine eye.

The others(senses) were implied for the "quick learners"

Once complete in all of the senses? What more is there to be done...

Notice the continually arising or breath for the moisture born, womb born and egg born, spontaneously born was previously mentioned in the talk you shared... that birth is due to the hommages mentioned or what gets called the triple refuge/gem... it the gem; is only wish fulfilling if you do them and also make them.

Was the wish for not self/no self, was the wish for impermanence/permanence, was the wish for suffering/not suffering?

It creates a new wheel so consider such a thing wisely... not haphazardly. Practicing shamatha or tranquillity is when such a thing has not been considered.
Hate shuns others while greed attracts others. ~Shantideva
The kilesa Jealousy builds a bridge between hate and greed.
An Anagamin is not a moon to stand on... as how can such a being point to anything other than what it thinks it already is? All an anagamin can do is point to wisdom of where such a being has been, not to where Anagamin goes and when realizing this? An Arhat is born never to be "born again".
auto

Post by auto »

SteRo wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 pm
auto wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:36 pm ...
Then you are also not aiming for the enlightenment?
Hey auto, let's acknowledge the post of coconut who is totally right that this forum section is about the theravada doctrine and not about 'personal experience' for which there is another forum section.
So if you want to have a conversation about 'personal experience' please be referred to the forum section 'personal experience'.

I would like to encourage conversation about theravada doctrine in this forum section because this forum section is dedicated to this purpose.
If you like to use that as an excuse to dodge an issue which will come again and again then sure have it this time. Tho you haven't said anything about your personal experience apart from your thinking mind. What others say are "their ideas" and there is "Theravada ideas" and if their idea doesn't match with Theravada idea then one is deviant. No shit Sherlock.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

auto wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm
auto wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:36 pm ...
Then you are also not aiming for the enlightenment?
Hey auto, let's acknowledge the post of coconut who is totally right that this forum section is about the theravada doctrine and not about 'personal experience' for which there is another forum section.
So if you want to have a conversation about 'personal experience' please be referred to the forum section 'personal experience'.

I would like to encourage conversation about theravada doctrine in this forum section because this forum section is dedicated to this purpose.
If you like to use that as an excuse to dodge an issue which will come again and again then sure have it this time. Tho you haven't said anything about your personal experience apart from your thinking mind. What others say are "their ideas" and there is "Theravada ideas" and if their idea doesn't match with Theravada idea then one is deviant. No shit Sherlock.
Do you have memory problems? Why should I dodge an issue that has already been clarified in another thread?
https://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.p ... 03#p600003
If it comes up again and again then only because you are bringing it up again and again since you cannot accept my clarification.
Exhaling अ and inhaling धीः amounts to བྷྲཱུཾ་བི་ཤྭ་བི་ཤུད་དྷེ It's definitely not science but science may provide guidelines nevertheless.
auto

Post by auto »

SteRo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 am
auto wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Do you have memory problems? Why should I dodge an issue that has already been clarified in another thread?
https://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.p ... 03#p600003
If it comes up again and again then only because you are bringing it up again and again since you cannot accept my clarification.
I guess you are the reason why there is an ordination.
SteRo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:48 am That simile is nicely put. "like ants in a terrarium". Ants are not me, ants are not what I am, I do not possess ants, nevertheless ants are experienced when looking at ants.
I can accept you nonchalantly. Other than that i have nothing to accept to. Tho, do you plan to become a cyborg? i haven' asked that yet

You approached me first.
SteRo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:30 pm
auto wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 pm Only thing you got to realize is the goal of spiritual life - you know what to do, give up desire for what is not self.
That's a problematic statement because why should "the goal of spiritual life" be self?
you didn't understand what i said. I try to figure you out, then i can do a proper expression to you.

off-topic but i believe is on the beat.
surangama sutra wrote:..that which continues
to possess discerning nature even in the absence of sense
data is really your mind;..
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

auto wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:04 pm ...
Response see here https://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.p ... 14#p602714
Exhaling अ and inhaling धीः amounts to བྷྲཱུཾ་བི་ཤྭ་བི་ཤུད་དྷེ It's definitely not science but science may provide guidelines nevertheless.