Can anyone tell me the source of this Commentarial story and the full version of it?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
sma

Can anyone tell me the source of this Commentarial story and the full version of it?

Post by sma »

This is the video link(the story starts at: 20:56):

In this interview Bhikkhu Analayo says:
"And it was years later that I found there is a story about this in the commentaries. The story is and now we make a little bit of fun of monks if I'm allowed to do that. So there are monks and nuns sitting listening to a Dhamma discourse. The monk should be aware of what he does when he stretches or bends his arm but he is not. So he stretches his arm and he touches a nun and he touches her on the breast. He pulls it back and she pulls it back. You can imagine the rest of the story and you can imagine why a monk who recites that part will feel giggling."
Last edited by sma on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarathW

Re: Can anyone tell me the source of this Commentarial story and the full version of it?

Post by SarathW »

:rofl:
Only now I understood the reason behind this mindfulness towards bending arm and stretching leg etc.
However, the deeper meaning of awareness of limb movement is nothing to do with this Vinaya issue.
The way I understand it is that the monk should be mindful of the soft feeling of the touching of a women's body and the feeling arising as a result of that.
:focus:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”