I think negative alot.

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
2600htz

Re: I think negative alot.

Post by 2600htz »

justindesilva wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:40 am
2600htz wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:40 pm Hi JC938:

In order to progress you need structure.
You get this from following a teacher and sticking to only one training.

Besides that, the core training of buddhism is dana (giving or generosity). Keep it simple, you can improve a lot just giving, no need for mantras and meditation yet.

Give what you have and notice if you still have negative thoughts at that time. The condition for giving is having, so if you have food give food, if you have wisdom give wisdom. But if you dont have money dont try to give money. If dont have a positive mind dont force yourself to give positiveness.

Regards.
In this situation what is required is to find a psychotherapist ( in psychologically )before training in buddhist studies.
With metta.
Hi:

Agree.
Still i think the giving part is pretty safe.

Regards
Srilankaputra

Re: I think negative alot.

Post by Srilankaputra »

JC938 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:29 am Hi,

I think negative alot, when I walk outside, I see people, my mind just think negative, when I see Buddha statues, I think negative, I see monks, I think negative, I see anything, anyone, I think negative, I think negative with my parents and siblings aswell, what should I do?

Thanks.
Hi,

Just some thoughts, hopefully useful to you.

When we get caught up by the content of the thoughts, these delusive states just keeps on spinning. First thing is not to get dismayed by these thoughts, this is just more fuel on to the fire. Patiently try to see these thoughts as just thoughts. Try to really settle the heart down to this Skilful task. Slowly the heart will stabilise and clarity will arise.

Wish you all success in all your endeavours. Goodbye!