Identity/ self view and sense of i am

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
asahi

Identity/ self view and sense of i am

Post by asahi »

Sotapanna already eradicated self view , would a sense of " i am " capable to arise without the arising of self view in the first place ?

:thanks:
No bashing No gossiping
confusedlayman

Re: Identity/ self view and sense of i am

Post by confusedlayman »

asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am Sotapanna already eradicated self view , would a sense of " i am " capable to arise without the arising of self view in the first place ?

Yes... i am conceit wont be there only in arhantship
... since i am is there , there is endavour in lay life .. if i am is not there... body will die 7 days max as without i am how can someone created favrication to eat food and keep body going?

I am is like scent of flower still remaining till anagami stage... i beleive a sotapanna will acknoeldge everuthing changes in 5 aggregates but still can do business in laylife
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
asahi

Post by asahi »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 am
asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am Sotapanna already eradicated self view , would a sense of " i am " capable to arise without the arising of self view in the first place ?

... since i am is there , there is endavour in lay life .. if i am is not there... body will die 7 days max as without i am how can someone created favrication to eat food and keep body going?

I am is like scent of flower still remaining till anagami stage... i beleive a sotapanna will acknoeldge everuthing changes in 5 aggregates but still can do business in laylife
Are you saying Buddha still has sense of i am ? Because He and all arahants still wander around went begging for foods ?

:o
No bashing No gossiping
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am
confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 am

Are you saying Buddha still has sense of i am ? Because He and all arahants still wander around went begging for foods ?

:o
I beleive they took vow of helping others so for that reason they keep the body... if layman lose sence of i , he cant do any action other than sitting and die... buddha teaching is not out of ignorance
Dhammavamsa

Post by Dhammavamsa »

I still practicing and certainly no Sotapanna yet, but I can say once I understand that the physical body is mere combination of different organs and systems; the mind is merely combination of consciousness and mental factors etc, so-called my properties, label, expression, action, feeling, sensation, thinking, idealogy, description, or status etc. are all in constant change and impermanent; and life is just combination and interaction between physical and mental components that depends on conditions for arising and ceasing...

There is nothing I can call "I" or "mine"...
Deleted
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Dhammavamsa wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 pm I still practicing and certainly no Sotapanna yet, but I can say once I understand that the physical body is mere combination of different organs and systems; the mind is merely combination of consciousness and mental factors etc, so-called my properties, label, expression, action, feeling, sensation, thinking, idealogy, description, or status etc. are all in constant change and impermanent; and life is just combination and interaction between physical and mental components that depends on conditions for arising and ceasing...

Now you should consider since body and mind is not you.. they come and go on their own cause and condition terms... so if you have thinking I am going to do this then its just a thinking.. that 4d expereince from thought.. so ignorance forms thoughts and moves body.. but when u see body and mind as automatic process then there should not be any thought of i am going to do this or not...
Dhammavamsa

Post by Dhammavamsa »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 pm
Dhammavamsa wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 pm I still practicing and certainly no Sotapanna yet, but I can say once I understand that the physical body is mere combination of different organs and systems; the mind is merely combination of consciousness and mental factors etc, so-called my properties, label, expression, action, feeling, sensation, thinking, idealogy, description, or status etc. are all in constant change and impermanent; and life is just combination and interaction between physical and mental components that depends on conditions for arising and ceasing...

Now you should consider since body and mind is not you.. they come and go on their own cause and condition terms... so if you have thinking I am going to do this then its just a thinking.. that 4d expereince from thought.. so ignorance forms thoughts and moves body.. but when u see body and mind as automatic process then there should not be any thought of i am going to do this or not...
I need more meditation and reflection.
Deleted
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Dhammavamsa wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 pm

I need more meditation and reflection.
Yes