Transgender

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Mr. Seek

Re: Transgender

Post by Mr. Seek »

Why does it matter? Like...We could find anything to wonder about if we're determined. I'm guessing that your gender won't stop you from attaining, if you wanted to attain.
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

They could be better in terms of dana and sila than most heterosexuals around the world, at least when it comes to dana.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

D1W1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:24 am Have you never heard, if you break 3rd precept you will be born as a person whose sexuality is "deviated"? I'm surprised you don't know about this. It's widely known in Buddhist Theravada world.
3rd precept: "I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct".

So again, what does being transgender have to do with the 3rd precept? The 3rd precept doesn't state anything about "deviation". You still haven't attempted to made the connection. You will have to prove by sutta references that the simple fact of being transgender is A. sexual activity, and also B. sexual misconduct. Good luck.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am
D1W1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 am Why there are many transgender people in Thai population.
Maybe it's because Thai people are friendly and tolerant, and so transgender people feel accepted enough to come out of the closet.
That's my impression. This thread seems to somewhat mix up different things: cross-dressing, gay, transgender (as in those who have had surgery and/or other medical procedures)... I have a number of Thai friends in these various categories (here and in Thailand), and they seem to be well accepted by most others in the Thai community. I have noticed those unfamiliar with Thai people can sometimes be rather confused by both straight and other Thai at parties. If they mistake someone dressed up and dancing suggestively as being something more than just someone dressed up and having a good time dancing it can lead to some serious misunderstandings.

:heart:
Mike
2600htz

Post by 2600htz »

Hi:

I think that if thai people have more transgenders its probably because of culture, also im guessing average population is very skinny, of thin factions and not so hairy, so its probably easier for men that want to look like woman go for it.

From the buddhist perspective. Hmm i would say transgenders generally speaking experience more unpleasant contacts that non transgenders, so its probably not a good rebirth. But in general terms all sexuality is bad kamma, or we would be in a brahma loka.

Regards