General Question

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
oung ann

General Question

Post by oung ann »

Dear All dhamma friends,

Is it true or not, after Buddha passed a way, the Buddhist monks, who remember the Buddha's words/scripts had threaten and escaped from killing?
if it is true, would you mind to share the link of that documents.

Thank you very much.
Mayallbehappy3333

Re: General Question

Post by Mayallbehappy3333 »

Hello,

Hope you are well, the question doesn't really make sense, maybe you can rephrase it and you may be able to get an answer from someone :) also if you post with the subject as the title it may get more views,

With metta

:anjali:
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

I would second that your question doesn't make sense and sounds strange. Maybe someone can help you with your English?
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

oung ann wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:20 am Dear All dhamma friends,

Is it true or not, after Buddha passed a way, the Buddhist monks, who remember the Buddha's words/scripts had threaten and escaped from killing?
if it is true, would you mind to share the link of that documents.

Thank you very much.
Only a guess, but I think he is saying some of Buddha's followers were threatened with death, yet escaped.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

If you are referring to the 500 hundred monks (Arahants) who met at the first council to preserve the Buddha's teachings, then i am not aware of them being threatened or escaped from killing.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.