Dhamma on Solipsism

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
devaloka

Dhamma on Solipsism

Post by devaloka »

Whats the Dharmic view on Solipsism?

Considering the mental fabrications from defilements & ignorance is the perceived reality including family and friends a mental hologramic projection from our own minds ?

Also I heard two Dhamma talks that we send ourselves to ( our own created ? ) hell and leave hell once we forgive ourselfs. So is the world similar? Do others actually exist as a full fledged 3 dimensional autonomous entity and are as real as I am? I know this may come across as narcissistic but I ask this to point out my confusion on Dharmic logic regarding this.

First video mentions this self created hell directly the second suggests it

:anjali:

Mere suffering exists, no sufferer is found;
The deed is, but no doer of the deed is there;
Nibbàna is, but not the man who enters it;
The path is, but no traveler on it is seen
Jack19990101

Re: Dhamma on Solipsism

Post by Jack19990101 »

Hell is a progressive understanding. The belief 'I am the body', makes hell a potential to manifest.
If the view of i am the body or in the body, is uprooted, Hell is no longer a possibility.

I am gonna slow to say Hell is similar to a miserable state we are in while in human realm.
It is because the scale and quantity of misery is so large that renders the two incomparable.
Also there is refuge in human realm while we are in deep suffering - both worldly and spiritually.
Human suffering has a on-off pattern, there is relief between bouts of pain, sorrow & lamentation. Hell doesn't have any relief or refuge.

Simply speaking, hell is as real as your relationship with your body.
devaloka

Re: Dhamma on Solipsism

Post by devaloka »

hqdefault (5).jpg
b58716bc7e6b8c3e102ed5cb66865db0.jpg
unnamed (9).jpg
Perhaps these pictures aid in illustrating what I meant with my question

Mere suffering exists, no sufferer is found;
The deed is, but no doer of the deed is there;
Nibbàna is, but not the man who enters it;
The path is, but no traveler on it is seen