Signs of Kali Yuga

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
confusedlayman

Re: Signs of Kali Yuga

Post by confusedlayman »

Signs of kali yuga is more bad, less good, bad increase, good decrease and finally lost.

Signs of kali yuga is not only based on wars of country or climate change, even in a family most of the kids dont care for parents and have cheated their spouse and kids are growing in drugs even in school days. there is gang rape and boys befriending girls only to f*** her when possible. all these things im seeing in real life and change is evident. the evidence is compelling and those who dont follow 5 precepts still are lost in darkness.

in that video, the hindu preiest says doing meditation and entering peaceful states are just bluff as they are very tough in todays world. he also says in todays world even dog wont listen to the master let alone humans escaping from worldy distractions. we are over estimating and not really doing tapas (purify karma). he also says dont waste this human life as there is principle and teaching of purifying karma in todays world and dont waste as we dont know when god will give human birth again. he also says brahma sent us to this world to earn merit and return back.
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: Hindu priest says doing meditation and entering peaceful states are just bluff as they are very tough in today's world.
I recommend reading, understanding

then meditate
"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine." -Socrates
Good for Your Soul
beanyan

Post by beanyan »

The popularity of the no self doctrine is a sign of the Yali Yuga.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

beanyan wrote: The popularity of the no-self doctrine is a sign of the Kali Yuga
in contrast, Buddha teaches not-self
"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine." -Socrates
Good for Your Soul
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

cappuccino wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:10 am
beanyan wrote: The popularity of the no-self doctrine is a sign of the Kali Yuga
in contrast, Buddha teaches not-self
non self means this thing is not my self, no self means self cannot be established anywhere both are true
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: both are true
no-self is a self doctrine

not-self is different
Good for Your Soul
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

cappuccino wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:42 am
confusedlayman wrote: both are true
no-self is a self doctrine

not-self is different
explain
polaris

Post by polaris »

confusedlayman wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:07 pm Signs of kali yuga is more bad, less good, bad increase, good decrease and finally lost.

Signs of kali yuga is not only based on wars of country or climate change, even in a family most of the kids dont care for parents and have cheated their spouse and kids are growing in drugs even in school days. there is gang rape and boys befriending girls only to f*** her when possible. all these things im seeing in real life and change is evident. the evidence is compelling and those who dont follow 5 precepts still are lost in darkness.

in that video, the hindu preiest says doing meditation and entering peaceful states are just bluff as they are very tough in todays world. he also says in todays world even dog wont listen to the master let alone humans escaping from worldy distractions. we are over estimating and not really doing tapas (purify karma). he also says dont waste this human life as there is principle and teaching of purifying karma in todays world and dont waste as we dont know when god will give human birth again. he also says brahma sent us to this world to earn merit and return back.
[/qu]
Wow, am I supposed to understand what Hindi? Is it Hindi or one of the 380 languages in India? No subtitles?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Paññaṃ nappamajjeyya, saccamanurakkheyya, cāgamanubrūheyya, santimeva so sikkheyyā’ti
“One should not neglect wisdom, should preserve truth, cultivate relinquishment and train for peace.”

Dhātuvibhaṅga Sutta
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: explain
On Self, No Self, and Not-self
Good for Your Soul
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

polaris wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:07 pm Signs of kali yuga is more bad, less good, bad increase, good decrease and finally lost.

[/qu]
Wow, am I supposed to understand what Hindi? Is it Hindi or one of the 380 languages in India? No subtitles?
its tamil language.
polaris

Post by polaris »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm

[/qu]
its tamil language.
Oh good, it's tamil language. In my past life perhaps I was born in Tamil Nadu, but today I don't speak Tamil anymore.
Why bother to host this video when you cannot provide tranlation? No, I am not blaming you or feeling annoy but I am really curious . On the top of that I really like to read about Kali Yuga, while I read about Kali Yuga I often wonder if we are always trying to take what is happening today to fit in to the what Kali Yuga mentioned, we sort of discard those that don't fit in so the whole picture appear as if what Kali Yuga predict is true.
Could you post the same one again with a translation(good translation if possible)?
Metta, metta,
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Overt political commentary removed... please take such conversation to Dharma Wheel Engaged.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

polaris wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:09 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm

its tamil language.
Oh good, it's tamil language. In my past life perhaps I was born in Tamil Nadu, but today I don't speak Tamil anymore.
Why bother to host this video when you cannot provide tranlation? No, I am not blaming you or feeling annoy but I am really curious . On the top of that I really like to read about Kali Yuga, while I read about Kali Yuga I often wonder if we are always trying to take what is happening today to fit in to the what Kali Yuga mentioned, we sort of discard those that don't fit in so the whole picture appear as if what Kali Yuga predict is true.
Could you post the same one again with a translation(good translation if possible)?
Metta, metta,
I think v should not give any thoughts to kali yuga as wise will work hard in whatever yuga he is in. Btw kali yuga is best mentioned in hindu scriptures than buddhist