Best Evidence for Afterlife - BICS ESSAY COMPETITION - $ 500,000 Prize

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
confusedlayman

Re: Best Evidence for Afterlife - BICS ESSAY COMPETITION - $ 500,000 Prize

Post by confusedlayman »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 pm when I was young, I met a ghost, with several others…

we were gathered in a field, near an abandoned house…

she was suddenly among us, spoke to us, then she vanished…

three decades later, I heard she was haunting a house…

the same description of the ghost…

when I heard, that confirmed what we suspected about her
What u talking about? Whats the deacription?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:40 pm What u talking about? What's the description?
the ghost was a young girl…

she was wearing old fashion…

since we never saw her before, we thought, uh…

she is apparently a ghost, which was true
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:40 pm What u talking about? What's the description?

Did she harm u?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:56 pm
cappuccino wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 pm she is apparently a ghost, which was true
Did she harm u?
I think she was lonely
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Agnikan

Post by Agnikan »

Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:01 pm End the counting of the mail-in essays!
:stirthepot:
asahi

Post by asahi »

I know this cant be considered prove , but i happens to dream of my passed away elder sister , a friend and a cat that came into my dreams to relay a message . The most strange thing is how the cat (which turns into a spirit) return to say thank you after i buried the stray cat .
No bashing No gossiping
chownah

Post by chownah »

Who won? Do we get to read the winner?
chownah
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

chownah wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:49 am Who won?
That guy ... ahm forgot his name ... who already died many years ago.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Winners will be announced November 1, 2021.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

EXCITING NEWS!

BICS ESSAY CONTEST

BEST EVIDENCE FOR AFTERLIFE

NEW TOTAL AWARDS $1,500,000

14 POSSIBLE WINNERS

1ST Place $500,000

2ND Place $300,000

3RD Place $150,000

AND

11 MORE WINNERS OF $50,000 EACH

Applications for the essay contest have closed as of FEB. 28, 2021.
All approved applications have been notified.

Essays must be received by 5 p.m. PST August 1, 2021.
Winners will be anounced November 1, 2021.

https://www.bigelowinstitute.org/

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

A Message from the BICS CEO Robert T. Bigelow

Dear Applicants, Friends and People That Share Thoughts,

Thank you so much!

The number of responses has been very gratifying.

Thank you to all of you who have sent your heart felt letters, emails to BICS and even gifts to myself during the application period. We truly appreciate your sincere correspondences, your intention to participate and/or to just tell us your “answers”.

I would like to state that the BICS essay contest is not a reflection of whether I or BICS staff do or do not have our own personal opinions as to whether human consciousness survives bodily death. Of course, everyone has opinions. I personally believe human consciousness does survive, and it probably matters what you do with your life here.

The purpose of the BICS essay contest is to generate research, discussion and stimulate debate. And perhaps in so doing, BICS may substantially broaden the amount of quality information available to you from a single website source.

We at BICS anticipate that it may be difficult for the contest judges to pick out just fourteen winners due to the expected high quality contestants and number of essay applications BICS has received.

Following the announcement of the fourteen winners on November 1, 2021, the BICS website will not only display the full content of the fourteen winning essays (each not to exceed 25,000 words), but also display the full content of many others that were judged to be high quality runners up. The volume of material could be extensive and thought provoking, hopefully, in a good way.

We recognize that many individuals and organizations do not necessarily believe that human consciousness survives bodily death. BICS is simply attempting to generate debate and discussion and present arguments that may enlighten, or generate more discussion about this very important topic.

With great appreciation, thank you again,

Robert T. Bigelow

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 pm

Had you and your friends been smoking weed by any chance?

chownah

Post by chownah »

Do people think that offering such big money will encourage some people to make stuff up in order to get some cash? Could the big money be turning this contest into a creative writing contest?
chownah
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

chownah wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am Do people think that offering such big money will encourage some people to make stuff up in order to get some cash? Could the big money be turning this contest into a creative writing contest?
chownah
Rules and Application

2. Essay Application Qualifications

Applicants must provide evidence that they have investigated the topic of Survival of Human Consciousness after Death for 5 years or more.

About BICS

BICS was founded in June 2020 by aerospace entrepreneur Robert T. Bigelow to support research into both the survival of human consciousness after physical death and, based on data from such studies, the nature of the afterlife. Robert Bigelow is the founder of Bigelow Aerospace. For decades he has also supported serious investigations into consciousness and manifestations of unusual phenomena that are not yet understood by science.

Despite intriguing evidence, the number of research groups and funding devoted to investigating the survival of human consciousness beyond death is shockingly small in the Western world. Even though all 7.8 billion humans on planet Earth will eventually die, very little high quality research is being conducted on perhaps the most important and fundamental question facing our species.

There are almost no significant conferences or symposia on this question which could appeal to scientists, academics and others with advanced training. This is partly because such research is not taken seriously by the current scientific paradigm. It is probably time to end this close-minded approach. We at BICS believe that the only way to do so is to appeal to qualified professionals who have the power to create change.

The purpose of BICS is to raise awareness among the public and within the scientific community of the importance and relevance of such an investigation. BICS hopes to provide a public service by drawing increasing attention to, and encouraging research into, this fundamental and timeless topic. We are seeking hard evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt” that takes us beyond religion or philosophy and provides a body of knowledge to be brought widely into the public arena that could be unifying in its impact on human awareness and culture.

Purpose of BICS Essay Competition

The purpose of the BICS essay awards is to raise the public awareness for the Survival of Human Consciousness topic and to stimulate research. The goal of the essay contest is to award contestants for writing papers that summarize the best evidence available for the survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death.

SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Lucas Oliveira wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:58 pm
About BICS

The purpose of BICS is to raise awareness among the public and within the scientific community of the importance and relevance of such an investigation. BICS hopes to provide a public service by drawing increasing attention to, and encouraging research into, this fundamental and timeless topic. We are seeking hard evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt” that takes us beyond religion or philosophy and provides a body of knowledge to be brought widely into the public arena that could be unifying in its impact on human awareness and culture.
Now isn't that "hard evidence" that "BICS" has completely transcended any sense of reality. :rofl:
Cleared. αδόξαστος.