Why there must be atleast one unconditioned reality and why it must be spiritual?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Pondera

Re: Why there must be atleast one unconditioned reality and why it must be spiritual?

Post by Pondera »

Tutareture wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:04 am
cappuccino wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:59 am
Tutareture wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:57 am Do you believe nirvana is a continuous creator of all that exists and is absolutely unique?
Omega is Nirvana
But the unconditioned reality is the source of all conditioned things by definition .if you reject God I don't know how you will believe in a unconditioned reality that is immaterial,unique,simple and possessing the three omnis as karlo broussard has proven.
I don’t like reggae ... I love it.

Are you a Rastafarian?

Do you smoka the gangha?

Maybe you smoke a little too much of the devils lettuce and he put the thought of the LORD in your mind?
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Tutareture

Re: Why there must be atleast one unconditioned reality and why it must be spiritual?

Post by Tutareture »

Pondera wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:40 am
cappuccino wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:59 am

Omega is Nirvana
But the unconditioned reality is the source of all conditioned things by definition .if you reject God I don't know how you will believe in a unconditioned reality that is immaterial,unique,simple and possessing the three omnis as karlo broussard has proven.

Are you a Rastafarian?

Do you smoka the gangha?

Maybe you smoke a little too much of the devils lettuce and he put the thought of the LORD in your mind?
Theism is based on logic.there are over 20 solid arguments for the existance of a omnipotent,omnipresent,omnibenevolent and omniscient God or unconditioned reality.unconditioned reality cannot be material,it must be immaterial.
אַל-תְּהִי צַדִּיק הַרְבֵּה, וְאַל-תִּתְחַכַּם יוֹתֵר: לָמָּה, תִּשּׁוֹמֵם. Be not righteous overmuch; neither make thyself overwise; why shouldest thou destroy thyself? -Ecclesiastes 7:16
4GreatHeavenlyKings

Post by 4GreatHeavenlyKings »

Tutareture wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:31 am

Are you a Rastafarian?

Do you smoka the gangha?

Theism is based on logic.there are over 20 solid arguments for the existance of a omnipotent,omnipresent,omnibenevolent and omniscient God or unconditioned reality.unconditioned reality cannot be material,it must be immaterial.
You have yet to reply, Tutareture, to my argument in this thread, based upon your own scriptures, that your god YHWH is changing (and therefore is not a suitable candidate) for the uncreated creator god whom you argue for. You have yet to reply, Tutareture, to my argument, based upon your own scriptures, that your god YHWH is portrayed within your scriptures as possessing traits that are consistent with the suttas' portrayal of insane and deluded gods that think themselves to be all-powerful (and therefore is not a suitable candida for the uncreated creator god whom you argue for.

That you have not written such a refutation I consider evidence that you realize that I have defeated your argument (or at least forced you to abandon your argument in order to preserve your Christian faith). Certainly, your mentioning 20 arguments in favour of the claim that an uncreated creator god exists is consistent with your having realized that this argument does not work.

Furthermore, Tutareture, you mention that there are 20 arguments in favour of the existence of an uncreated creator god, but you provide no list of those arguments, nor any way for us to read such arguments. I surpass you and present the fact that there are at least 22 arguments made against the claim that there is an uncreated creator god. Moreover, I do not let my assertion stand unsupported - rather, I present a website from which you may read the arguments: https://courses.lumenlearning.com/sanja ... -overview/

Your god YHWH, furthermore, according to the definitions of love that are found within your own scriptures, is not loving, and certainly not omnibenevolent (as you may read argued here: https://old.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion ... se_by_the/). So once again, Tutareture, I have trapped you between your Christian faith's claims (as are represented by its scriptures) and your arguments for an uncreated creator god. Will you concede that the uncreated creator god whom you argue for is not omnibenevolent (as you are not no longer arguing that the uncreated creator god must be ubchanging), or will you abandon Christianity?

Finally, the theist and the atheist both claim that their arguments are based upon logic. But only the theist invokes what cannot be easily reasoned about based upon what we perceive (an uncreated creator) - and often only the theist then admits to believing tales about such difficult-to-accept things as that the universe is only a few thousand years old (such claims being refuted here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/101_evide ... e_universe and here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_ ... t_creation) and that the death and resurrection of a man-god is the only thing that bought for us salvation from an eternity in Hell.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Tutareture wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:31 am

Are you a Rastafarian?

Do you smoka the gangha?

Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded