Is human consciousness creating reality?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Akashad

Re: Is human consciousness creating reality?

Post by Akashad »

Lucas Oliveira wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:07 am Is human consciousness creating reality?

Is the physical universe independent from us, or is it created by our minds, as suggested by scientist Robert Lanza?

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science ... ng-reality

:namaste:
It's not our consciousness that's creating out physical reality it's our SUBCONSCIOUS.

The Background.

That's what's projecting all this.

In astrology I always wondered why the House of the Subconscious is the same as the House of Karma.

And I think it's one and the same.

Subconscious=Kamma

Often described as an Ocean.

It's running in the background supporting the conditions for life.

I think the Buddha introduced the 8 noble path in an attempt to change our subconscious/kamma to get it to a place of No Subconscious or no kamma.If there is no SUBconscious then we must be conscious.In other words we Wake Up from the Dream of Life.

The subconscious can't be changed by conscious actions atleast not immediately..its governed by HABITS AND REPETITION.So it's our Default.

That's why all the stuff like sila and dana must be repeated often..till its ingrained in our subconscious..that sense of purity.. of blamelessless it has to be ingrained in our subconscious because the subconscious calls the shots especially at death even life and where our fortunes turn.

Best way to see it in action is when you fall asleep...just say you had a busy day..you saw lots of things including a piece of cake doesnt stand out at all.But in your sleep you dream about the cake.

So you dont really have much to say on what your subconscious latches on to..atleast most of the time.

There are ways to manipulate your subconscious:

1.Repetition or habits.Forms new neural connection or pathways in the brain.

2.Hypnosis.

3.Thetha waves.So in meditation we enter the thetha wave and even delta waves fully conscious...we all know that's not how thetha feels like..thetha waves is a very drowsy sleepy state but none of us are asleep in meditation..Why is That? its cause we're training to be conscious in the subconscious therefore have the ability to manipulate or change it producing a change in physical reality.

4.Altered states.Psychedelics,NDE etc except most of the time you have no control or conscious ability to change things but if you can that would be very helpful people who do this astral travel but they lack the knowledge to change their physical reality instead go on useless joy rides.. though I dont recommend astral travelling because Mara is there.Maras everywhere but
In the astral plane hes like Really there and not as some concept or artwork.Hes there every time you die and he'll be there everytime you astral travel. It's not scary Mara it's just the Deceit Mara that you have to be careful with..the level of deceit that he will unleash on you..I mean everything from meeting your dead grandmother to message from Jesus..its just endless.Anything to keep you believing that your actually a soul on a mission of love and peace in the world.Just no.

5.Law of Attraction techniques.Basically they use a technique called scripting or hypnotic writing where you just keep rewriting even mindlessly using your non dominant hand gratitude phrases

.Like I AM so Thankful that I had a good day today.

Even though the day hasn't started.. even though it's the day before.

Then go to sleep.Have it play as a recording.

So do It before bed and moments when your waking up because your brain is in thetha wave.

So CREATION happens in Thetha.

Its important to phrase your words AS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE WHAT THE PHYSICAL REALITY YOU DESIRE..

And you'll find more likely your day is going to go great.

Peoole use this technique for getting a new job,getting a car,winning the lottery I mean millions of people swear by it cause it works.

You have to EMBODY the consciousness you desire because Consciousness=Your Reality.

Same with Metta meditation.

Brain Enters thetha which is where Creation happens..

And you gently impress on it..May I be happy may I be well may be safe...not too hard cause you cant be too strong otherwise it will knock you out of thetha to adrenaline rush and fight or flight mode like I AM HAPPY!I AM SAFE!

no it has to be gentle impression subconscious responds to genuine feelings not forced wording that screams desperate.

And you'll find youll be reborn in heaven or the brahma realms..

Because your constructing that consciousness.

YOU created It

No one gave it to you.

NO GOD,NO BUDDHA GAVE YOUR REALITY TO YOU.

YOU CREATED IT.

We Literally CREATE OUR OWN HEAVEN AND HELL.

OUR OWN WORLDS.

In the SUBCONSCIOUS.

Not the CONSCIOUS Mind.

This is why affirmations dont really work as well as scripting because affirmations Consciously telling your conscious self I AM HAPPY..I AM WELL.wont work.

This is like those Buddhist that tell you to let go let go let go for every worldly or spiritual problem.. it's not going to work...like you can tell yourself that 100 times.

The subconscious CAN NOT let go.

Consciousness and subconscious MUST HAVE an Object.

I REPEAT MUST HAVE AN OBJECT.

It's not the OBJECT you Let go its CONSCIOUSNESS or subconscious that fades away and when that happens you dont even Have to let go nobody had to tell you yo let go..cause theres NOBODY Holding on to Anything that you have to let go of.

So with affirmations If you have to do it consciously you turn it into a questions..Ask yourself Why am I so happy all the time?Why am I always well? And then the subconscious will start looking for experiences to support that it's looking for answers...

Same as when people say why is my life so miserable you notice your subconscious will start matching that feeling with experiences that match that or finding experiences that will answer your question.

You cant approach the subconscious directly.. it has to be in a meditative state or thetha state,sleep state,near death state etc.

You need to do in a thetha state..deep thetha for optimal results.

so important to be conscious of the subconscious.Do things consciously.Dont fall asleep in front of the tv with violent shows playing its imprinting on your subconscious..

When you fall asleep leave the dhamma talk on or dhamma chant..or even a nice song..doesnt even have to be buddhist just anything wholesome...when you wake up its imprinted and so your reality is already created.

I hope this can shed some light.

Also this is the Connection to Other Path thread so don't come at me or reply with this is Not Buddhist or Nothing to do with Enlightenment I didnt post this reply on a Samatha Bhavana or Vippasanna thread or Enlightenment thread.We are supposed to discuss Non Buddhist subjects here.Thank you kindly.

NOTE:

ALSO Note that people say Kamma creates your reality.

But like what IS KAMMA? but the accumulation of habits and repetition of actions.. also intention right?

All aim to impress on the subconscious a certain DIRECTION.
form

Post by form »

It is all mind created. If a physically healthy man is convinced that he is infected with some imaginary virus, with all kinds of news of its "effects", he could be experiencing all kinds of "symptoms" that will gradually caused his health to deteriorate. Related is the placebo effect in medicine intervention research that need to be double-blinded.
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

I see other people die. Presumably their consciousnesses die too. Reality is still here.

However, I am sure once my consciousness dies reality will cease to exist :tongue:
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Jhana4 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:04 pm However, I am sure once my consciousness dies reality will cease to exist
how could your consciousness die?

you do not know, hence admit not knowing
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

SarathW wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:22 am ...
We are living in a dependently originated universe.
For instance, trees and rocks are just names.

Nope. They also have forms. :mrgreen:
𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝓱𝓪 𝓗𝓪𝓭 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽
  • Iᴅᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ Sᴏᴜʟ ɪs Oᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ Uᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ Fᴏᴏʟɪsʜ Vɪᴇᴡ
    V. Nanananda

𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓽ā 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓼
  • Nᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴀ Sᴇʟғ, Sᴏᴜʟ, Eɢᴏ, Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ Āᴛᴍᴀɴ
    V. Buddhādasa
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:13 am how could your consciousness die?

I believe my consciousness is generated by my brain, which will one day die.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Jhana4 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:53 pm

near death experiences prove otherwise
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:07 pm
Jhana4 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:53 pm
near death experiences prove otherwise
:roll:
Even if there are such phenomena some people call ""near death experiences" how could those disprove that brain death entails irreversible cessation ("death") of consciousness? After all these are called "near death" because brain death hasn't yet happened.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Jhana4 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:53 pm I believe my consciousness is generated by my brain, which will one day die.
Putting aside "believe" that's a reasonable hypothesis as long as science does not provide evidence for consciousness independent of brain activity.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

SteRo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:30 pm After all these are called "near death" because brain death hasn't yet happened.
they are dead, it's near because they come back
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:44 pm
SteRo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:30 pm After all these are called "near death" because brain death hasn't yet happened.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

SteRo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:48 pm
cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:44 pm
just a fact
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 pm ... fact
:lol:
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

SteRo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 pm
he saw beings with little dust in their eyes and those with much

those easy to teach and those hard

Ayacana Sutta
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:53 pm
SteRo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 pm
he saw beings with little dust in their eyes and those with much

those easy to teach and those hard

Ayacana Sutta

"he" = self-reference of cappuccino and his fabrications about "near death experiences" ;)
Cleared. αδόξαστος.