Tasawwuf and Theravada

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
SDC

Re: Tasawwuf and Theravada

Post by SDC »

This thread bout to give me a seizure. :?
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Tutareture wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm Guys.I am not arguing for Christianity anymore .the doctrine of the trinity as outlined by the councils is incoherent.trinities.org has alot of logical arguments against this.the doctrine of the hypostatic union is impossible.jesus cannot be fully divine and fully man at the same time,as these two natures have opposing attributes .I have converted to Ashari sunni sufi islam.I follow Sufism but with a shafii madhab and with a Ashari creed.the bible is also full of contradictions and false prophecies.

And you are right that mystical experiences don't mean anything as they can be a test from God or be a deception from Satan .and the charismatic movement Wich reports these has all proven false prophets and rich pastors fleecing their congregations with such stories.

Besides in islam we have the miracles of the Friends of Allah like abdalqadir aljilani and their becoming one with him in fanaa.and annihilating the nafs or self to become one with Allah.many sufi saints have great knowledge given to them by Allah of the past,present and future.
I suggest you drop all that nonsense knowing that you won't be able to.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

Two other nice opportunities for you : Zoroastrianism and Baha'i.
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Given that this topic provides no connection to Theravada and is just about a member who has switched from one non-Buddhist religion to another, this topic is outside the scope of this forum.

I recommend Dharma Paths if anyone wishes to pursue the conversation any further.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."