Are Devas who Delight in the own Creation = Law of Attraction Folks

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Akashad

Are Devas who Delight in the own Creation = Law of Attraction Folks

Post by Akashad »

Hello,

I was just wandering i have this view that the 31 planes of existence exist physically as well as internally or mentally.I see people who enjoy meditation,live to meditate or are monastics as those living in the Brahma Realms. I see people who are happy materially and even emotionally as living in the Heavenly Realms.But i've never understood who the gods who delight in their own creation were.Like their representation on earth.Who are they? Then one day i accidenly listened to this law of attraction method it was just playing in the background..this methods called "scripting" and at first i was very skeptical but tried it anyways.And to my suprise i don't know what is going on exactly and I'm almost embarrassed to say this but it works.

At first i thought it was maybe a one off thing so decided to give it almost a year and keep a record because i have a checklist i found myself tangibly and physically ticking off every item and it completely had me in some sort of existential crisis trying to understand how on earth is it even possible.A lot of people swear by law of attraction techniques and here i am like in complete shock cause it trully does work for me personally.I honestly thought i had to slowly make good karma and wait for its fruits to trickle down from the ethers but here i was doing law of attraction methods that just effortlessly I'm not sure if it bypassed all that or perhaps accelerated it.

I don't think that pro manifestors like Oprah Winfrey and Jim Carrey (who have describe themselves as manifestors) etc are cheating karma i think my theory is we probably had a lot of stored parami and therefore that accumulated and allowed us to stumble upon law of attrtaction methods which only works on us because our consciousness matches it or atleast we constructed a consciousness that completely allowed law of attraction methods to work.I dont think that everyone can just use law of attraction methods and have it work because A.They won't be attracted to it.B.Wont stumble on its techniques.C.Won't get the opportunity to practice it.I think people who use LOA have the parami to do so.So I don't think its cheating or negating karma. That's my theory.

Like i remember i use to make dana at the monastery and always told my friend who wasn't very spiritual ..yeah if you do this youll be reborn in heaven or be wealthy or rich...(just cause he wasn't interested in spiritual stuff like i was i had to explain it in a way that he would value the dana practice).When I did my dana practice i never actually wanted anything in return.I always said you will get the results in a FUTURE LIFE...like AFTER you DIE...like it NEVER crossed my mind...that we die EVERY moment..And get REBORN every moment..so my theory is all the good karma we did must have led us to rebirth in this law of attraction universe...which i really am beginning to suspect is the equivalent to gods who delight in the their own creation consciousness.Cause literally at this point we are like a kid in a candy store.

you really do feel like a GOD... not in a superior way ...more like in a CREATOR way...because i REALLY realised like oh my god...like this is endless.Infinite.The amount of things we can create.It really is like a writer writing their own story or a god that delights in their own creation.

One drawback for me personally is These gods that delight in their own creation it's mostly 5 sensory objects creation that they are delighting.And as someone who spent a lot of time meditating and in love with meditation and has in some way tasted the bliss of samadhi.it kinda like..i don't know how to explain it... a step down.

Not to sound ungrateful for LOA techniques or even the knowledge or possibility of it and the ability to change peoples lives who are truly suffering and living in a mentality of lack and scarcity...but it truly is in some way
....im sorry to say this but LESS than the kind of happiness I was accustomed to which was more a brahmanic type of contentment because it came from meditation.And I mean purely meditation.

Not the charity or dana or studying dhamma religious part I found that as exhausting as LOA techniques.. its no different cause I'm taking attention away from my meditation object when I do both these things..just the meditation part brought me great contentment which is my version of happiness.

I mean to wake up every day and Script and then get what you want and tick that off the list and move on to the next item..it's just for me personally...exhausting.

First i manifested a job in the industry i wanted even though people warned me and told me "oh you'll never find a job it takes people 2 years after they graduate" and i landed a job in the industry BEFORE i graduated.It was the first time i ever tried law of attraction technique.

Then i just half jokingly wrote how easy my job would be and how well paid.And i'm in shock.I wasn't even Really serious about it and 8 months later it's still the easiest job ever and the best paid.

I have used it for as a test for material things and its absolutely insane.

But then I find myself longing for a higher type of happiness.The brahmanic happiness I was more used to before I stumbled on this.

So now I find myself only using it for things that I absolutely need and funny enough I used it to manifest the conditions for a spiritual life😅🤣 like having more time to meditate or having a space to meditate or bringing spiritual people Into my life.

Ofcourse I can sense a BIG DIFFERENCE as LOA uses the WILL you can literally feel it churning in your solar plexus area creating your universe or mind states or consciousness and Brahmanic happiness is more based on letting go.That actually how you get reborn on create universes you have to SATURATE yourself in that mental formation before anything physical manifests.

For example when you die you have to saturate yourself into your next rebirth same with LOA you have to saturate yourself into your desired reality.

Funny enough I realised it has little to do with the ego and more to do with the churning of WILL and Intention which can be done without much input from the ego.

Meditators in 7th jhana have to use their extremely subtle INTENTION to move towards or let go towards the 8th Jhana.

I found the same with law of attraction..it has more to do with FOCUSED ATTENTION+INTENTION then greedy EGOIC Desires.Almost like it's a Wave that just directs itself to wherever we place attention on with or without the Egos control.

Ofcourse most people will involve the ego strongly as they dont know of a greater happiness beyond the 5 senses.

LOA mostly relies heavily on FEELING...like if we focus on the FEELING of ALREADY HAVING SOMETHING that we want...like instead of asking or praying or wishing...i just Visualise already getting it..then That becomes like my nimitta and I MERGE Into that FEELING in other words SATURATE into it..its VERY SIMILAR to meditation..honestly I dont think many people have seen this link.. it's just like meditation and merging into your object and being reborn there.So we attract it into our lives this way.Atleast Thats personally how I manifest things.Other people will do affirmations or script or just visualisation but it takes longer it's easier to merge with it but they dont come from a meditating background so probably arent familiar with what merging means.

I did notice something in regards to focusing on feelings..i always noticed how Happy and just absolutely Blissed Out Leigh Bransington looked.Like he looks so happy and I think because he saturates himself in FEELINGS of happiness based on LOA he would be attracting a lot of happiness into his life cause his vibrations match happy feelings due to always merging with happy feelings.

Now contrast that to the way I practice jhana which is Visudhimagga jhana and you know how lol...its not the same lol.. cause we dont focus on any feelings except staying with our object..like happy and bliss arises.. ignore stay with the object...and It leaves me with this weird like wholesome Empty but Full feeling..like a vortex...kinda feel..which is good but different from like happy and bliss...like not That exciting..or noticeable...but Soooo Content with letting go feeling...

So now I noticed my external life matches THAT.

Everytime I practice intensive samadhi life just gets quieter and quieter WITHOUT my involvement..people leave me alone...their never around so the house is quiet etc.

Then when I practice metta I focus on feelings oh wow...just happy happy things coming my way for no reason.In fact practicing metta is what led me to try to LOA cause I couldn't figure out how metta kept attracting so many good vibez into my life so I tried to find this link and realised it truly just boils down to whatever we merge ourselves with that's OUR reality.If you want to practice letting go or live In letting go.. then it just rolls over to the next default feeling and that can be anything.

I do find that I am mostly only manifesting things that are productive or I need..like a job etc or good grades...and I dont have the desire to manifest much else I really don't.

My question is are law of attraction folks or powerful manifestors(people who just easily get results when they use LOA techniques) be living in the gods who delight in the own creation consciousness?

Also just a Note often people associate Law of Attraction folks for being very greedy and ego centric but having listened to many LOA folks I think their among the least egotistical people out there. They have this openness about them almost like their an Ocean that I dont tend to see in most folks.Bear in mind that if indeed LOA folks are the same as gods who delight in their own creation their only two steps away from the Brahma realm so their consciousness would probably contain less greed than say the lower heavens or realms.I find that true in my life despite being able to attract a lot of 5 sensory things I tend to not have much desire for unnecessary stuff.

Also I think their 1 heaven away from the brahma realm.Cause i don't count the Devas who wield power over other peoples creation cause Mara lives here and hes only higher than us cause he knows the truth.

Thank you for this opportunity to share my thoughts🙏

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]
Bundokji

Re: Are Devas who Delight in the own Creation = Law of Attraction Folks

Post by Bundokji »

That is an interesting thought, but it seems that the vast majority of people can be said to delight in their own creations. In fact, the relationship between creation and proliferation is an interesting one. The defining line between the two is not always clear.

This is why, the dryness of the path of renunciation suits me better even though i do not live like an ascetic in real life. If there is a realm, where the law of repulsion would apply, that would be a suitable abode for people like me.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Bundokji wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:31 pm That is an interesting thought, but it seems that the vast majority of people can be said to delight in their own creations.
Well, yes, that's what sankharas are.

Often these deva realms have earthly parallels In this case, it would appear to relate to someone who had a good understanding of the mechanics and causality of sankhata-dhammas, but instead of putting that to the ultimate use and becoming disenchanted with sankharas, they use that understanding to create sankharas that they enjoy. Thus, it's a "heavenly" abode, rather than dispassion and cessation.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

Bundokji wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:31 pm That is an interesting thought, but it seems that the vast majority of people can be said to delight in their own creations.
I don't agree that the vast majority delight in their own creation,most people are at the mercy of their kammas.Their very unconscious about what they attract and unconscious of what they lose.more like delighting in whatever good thing that shows up.I dont think they see themselves as having the power to create circumstances while LOA folks do.For example we see ourselves as having the ability to create new realms or realities as in new consciousnes that are constructed Intentionally to give rise to our desires while most people tend to just accept the default.

for example I really wanted to get good grades at school so I did two things :

1. making good karma offer dana etc.Scored a B.

2.Used visualisation and law of attraction or law of vibration techniques by picturing myself getting good grades then merging with that feeling like you would with a meditation object.What that created was a Realm or a Consciousness that I merged into therefore creating a new reality.A reality where I only scored As.And that's where i am now.

After a year of using law of attraction theres a huge difference between making good kamma which is slower and uncertain at least in this life versus using LOA results are always immediate and my reality seems to change to match whatever mind state I am dwelling in.

Basically the subconscious is what creates your reality its projecting it out so by changing the subconscious you change your reality.

I think The Buddha wanted us to practice sila so that our subconscious would change which will allow our reality to change.

The whole reasons we are here is because we merged with this rebirth linking consciousness subconsciously like most people are unaware and just latch on whatever thought that arises after death.

Making good merits is a physical action and through repetition it changes the subconscious..its not the physical act that's important it's what it does to your subconscious. but it takes several repetition to ingrain it.

I find that most people delight in things that they didnt intentionally create...for example a generous person who suddenly won the lottery..they werent really expecting it it can take a couple of lifetimes too..while loa folks tend to see synchronicity and things aligning with their wishes and desires much more quicker.we not only expect to see it,in our minds we already have it therefore because there is ultimately no separation between the internal and the external there can not exist a realm where we don't have what we want.Because Realm=Consciousness or Subconscious to.be more accurate.

By changing our subconscious we change our realm.

Watch 24:24 confirms what I mean.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Akashad wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 pm I don't agree that the vast majority delight in their own creation,most people are at the mercy of their kammas.Their very unconscious about what they attract and unconscious of what they lose.more like delighting in whatever good thing that shows up.I dont think they see themselves as having the power to create circumstances while LOA folks do.For example we see ourselves as having the ability to create new realms or realities as in new consciousnes that are constructed Intentionally to give rise to our desires while most people tend to just accept the default.
I know that the word delight is usually associated with good feelings, but this is not what i meant. Delight can mean finding meaning even in misery. In the human struggle for meaning and existence, attachment to misery is not uncommon as long as it makes people feel something!

Nevertheless, there are more skillful ways of existing than others. In my view, the worst mode of existence is the sheepish one where subjectivity is not acknowledged and where genuine curiosity is replaced by seeking artificial change. One of the benefits of encountering the Buddha's teachings is that it opens us up, and we learn new aspects of ourselves and the world.

Delighting in the LOA might not be the best use of the Buddha's teachings, but experiencing happiness without causing harm is legitimate.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
form

Post by form »

Mara is the CEO of that. That nature is within us. Meaning he is somewhat and somewhere within our psyche.