Did many great philosophers exist in the same time frame of same 500 years?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
form

Did many great philosophers exist in the same time frame of same 500 years?

Post by form »

Like those in China, Greece and Indian. I recently watch a utube show that discuss this and term that as collective kamma.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Did many great philosophers exist in the same time frame of same 500 years?

Post by DNS »

form wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 am Like those in China, Greece and Indian. I recently watch a utube show that discuss this and term that as collective kamma.
Not necessarily collective kamma, but probably good kamma-vipaka for many to be born in that time frame, when the Dispensation was starting and perhaps a chance at meeting the Buddha. Like any time frame, however, there were still evil people, wars, etc.

See also this previous topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35360
form

Re: Did many great philosophers exist in the same time frame of same 500 years?

Post by form »

DNS wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 am
form wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 am Like those in China, Greece and Indian. I recently watch a utube show that discuss this and term that as collective kamma.
Not necessarily collective kamma, but probably good kamma-vipaka for many to be born in that time frame, when the Dispensation was starting and perhaps a chance at meeting the Buddha. Like any time frame, however, there were still evil people, wars, etc.

See also this previous topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35360
Some of the greats are in China and Greece during the same period.