Visa/immigration rules and teleportation or leviation

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
confusedlayman

Visa/immigration rules and teleportation or leviation

Post by confusedlayman »

If anyone travel by teleportation or leviation to anither country he will land directly at target site and avoid immigration check at airport. Will he be aressted? Is it voilation of other countries airspace?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
JamesTheGiant

Re: Visa/immigration rules and teleportation or leviation

Post by JamesTheGiant »

They would be arrested. All people are required to clear customs and immigration, regardless of their arrival method.
In my country someone can arrive on a boat, and go to the customs office in the city afterwards, so maybe the teleporting bhikkhu can do that.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:30 am They would be arrested. All people are required to clear customs and immigration, regardless of their arrival method.
In my country someone can arrive on a boat, and go to the customs office in the city afterwards, so maybe the teleporting bhikkhu can do that.
Yes, I have seen a very sad true story of a man who went from Australia to New Zealand by canoeing got killed in the vicinity of NZ cost.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SarathW wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:38 am
JamesTheGiant wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:30 am They would be arrested. All people are required to clear customs and immigration, regardless of their arrival method.
Yes, I have seen a very sad true story of a man who went from Australia to New Zealand by canoeing got killed in the vicinity of NZ cost.
Shark or whale?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 am
SarathW wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:38 am
Shark or whale?
They found only the canoe, not the body.
Very strange story. Perhaps some foul play.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”