She died, went to heaven

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
cappuccino

Re: She died, went to heaven

Post by cappuccino »

DNS wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm That was their choice; life goes on.
K
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

cappuccino wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 am She may be charming but she is having wrong view
why do you think so?
I get lust feeling when I see her show something but I dont buy her wisdom... maybe she needs views for video not really trying to help spiritually
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:50 am I get lust feeling when I see her show something but I dont buy her wisdom... maybe she needs views for video not really trying to help spiritually
beauty is good karma

anyway she is trying to help
auto

Post by auto »

DNS wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:43 pm NDE is just that; a "near" death experience, not death. If it were death, there would be no one to come back and talk about it.
If you have presented a choice to come back to this world or not. Evidence is people committing suicide - perhaps it is stepping above Gods will and breaking sila,
visuddhimagga wrote:138. Also there was a certain senior elder who was very ill and unable to eat with
his own hand. He was writhing smeared with his own urine and excrement. Seeing
him, a certain young bhikkhu said, “Oh, what a painful process life is!” The senior
elder told him: “If I were to die now, friend, I should obtain the bliss of heaven; I
have no doubt of that. But the bliss obtained by breaking this virtue would be like
the lay state obtained by disavowing the training,” and he added: “I shall die
together with my virtue.” As he lay there, he comprehended that same illness
[with insight], and he reached Arahantship.
Jack19990101

Post by Jack19990101 »

auto wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:27 pm
DNS wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:43 pm NDE is just that; a "near" death experience, not death. If it were death, there would be no one to come back and talk about it.
If you have presented a choice to come back to this world or not. Evidence is people committing suicide - perhaps it is stepping above Gods will and breaking sila,
visuddhimagga wrote:138. Also there was a certain senior elder who was very ill and unable to eat with
his own hand. He was writhing smeared with his own urine and excrement. Seeing
him, a certain young bhikkhu said, “Oh, what a painful process life is!” The senior
elder told him: “If I were to die now, friend, I should obtain the bliss of heaven; I
have no doubt of that. But the bliss obtained by breaking this virtue would be like
the lay state obtained by disavowing the training,” and he added: “I shall die
together with my virtue.” As he lay there, he comprehended that same illness
[with insight], and he reached Arahantship.
Unintentional actions excluded.

Suicide is not a precept.
As long as there is one suicide disqualified as unwholesome, you could not qualify it as a precept.
If you put suicide as precept and considered to be right in certain conditions, the whole precepts framework is gonna crumble.
It directly defies the definition of 'precept', it equals precept as discrimination.

In highlights, if suicide is precept, then killing others can also be wholesome under conditions.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

keeping the five precepts are the requirement

for what?

to be born a human being
auto

Post by auto »

Jack19990101 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:38 pm Unintentional actions excluded.

Suicide is not a precept.
As long as there is one suicide disqualified as unwholesome, you could not qualify it as a precept.
If you put suicide as precept and considered to be right in certain conditions, the whole precepts framework is gonna crumble.
It directly defies the definition of 'precept', it equals precept as discrimination.

In highlights, if suicide is precept, then killing others can also be wholesome under conditions.
One can escape the pain of living, but one can't escape the dimension or place where things happen here and now. Physical body is a vehicle to show the internal suffering potential. I think it is what people refer as eternity, which is ajjhatta and thus also atta/atma. Eternal hell or eternal heaven.
https://suttacentral.net/an3.34/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:When an ignorant person acts
Lobhajaṁ dosajañceva,
out of greed, hate, or delusion,
mohajañcāpaviddasu;
any deeds they have performed
Yaṁ tena pakataṁ kammaṁ,
—whether a little or a lot—
appaṁ vā yadi vā bahuṁ;
are to be experienced right here,
Idheva taṁ vedaniyaṁ,
not in any other place.
vatthu aññaṁ na vijjati.

So a wise person,
Tasmā lobhañca dosañca,
a mendicant arousing knowledge
mohajañcāpi viddasu;
of the outcome of greed, hate, and delusion,
Vijjaṁ uppādayaṁ bhikkhu,
would cast off all bad destinies.”
sabbā duggatiyo jahe”ti.
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:50 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 am She may be charming but she is having wrong view
why do you think so?
I get lust feeling when I see her show something but I dont buy her wisdom... maybe she needs views for video not really trying to help spiritually

As someone with 5 sisters.That was hella inappropriate answer.What does you having lust feelings have to do with her having wrong view.Everyones trying to attain the highest jhanas and vippasanna state but dont even have the common decency to address a woman respectfully.I would suggest more sila work.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Akashad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:37 pm

why do you think so?

As someone with 5 sisters.That was hella inappropriate answer.What does you having lust feelings have to do with her having wrong view.Everyones trying to attain the highest jhanas and vippasanna state but dont even have the common decency to address a woman respectfully.I would suggest more sila work.
thanks. I will perfect it
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:57 am
Akashad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:37 pm

thanks. I will perfect it
🙏