We are all mentally ill

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
Mahabrahma

Re: We are all mentally ill

Post by Mahabrahma »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:10 am Yutthadammo Bikkhu talks about how we are all mentally ill to some degree.

So then, for all of those who are mentally ill by the world's standards: know that we are all mentally ill before enlightenment.

As long as we fail to see clearly, the mental illness will continue. Mental illness = suffering

:anjali:
I hold the view that even before Enlightenment, if someone is full of Love for others and for themselves, they have found the purpose of life and are not faulty in their thinking. Even if one just Loves the Buddha, I think that is enough, and it will certainly bring them to achieve the Buddha Way. :candle:
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
StrivingforMonkhood

Re: We are all mentally ill

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:22 am

I hold the view that even before Enlightenment, if someone is full of Love for others and for themselves, they have found the purpose of life and are not faulty in their thinking. Even if one just Loves the Buddha, I think that is enough, and it will certainly bring them to achieve the Buddha Way. :candle:
Yes, there is the idea that:

pure love = no ego = enlightenment

The Buddha will lead us to pure love in his teachings, which is pure love for self and all (equanimity).

Follow the Dhamma!

Much love to you, dear friend.

Peace and enlightenment
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha