About Buddhist hell . .

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
confusedlayman

Re: About Buddhist hell . .

Post by confusedlayman »

Kusala wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:55 am
cappuccino wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 pm
I hadn't thought about it until Bhante Anandajoti brought it up @ 5:50 - 8:00...could it be that God/Yahweh/Allah is none other than Mara? If we look at the old testament, God is a jealous and vengeful being...Mara is also a jealous and vengeful being...

perhaps the so called GOD or MESSENGER of god are under the control of mara but not mara himself.
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

dreams is fake just like real world around us
That depends on the kind of dream you have. True or not I don't know but on many occasions they guided us/family in the direction for help.
However, just don't get attach to the dream if you are unsure. I don't get attach to them but I do try to learn and to understand them. Not exactly like dream interpretation or astrology etc.
Sometimes I dreamt of something I have never known or seen before in my present life, but when I searched online I found their existence. For example, names and words that I don't even know the meaning of but they are real or statue that I have never seen before but they are real.

I don't usually have an urge to dream but they just happened. Unlike normal dreams these dreams I have are very different. So different that you know you are not having normal dream.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
~Actively trying to destroy the Three Unwholesome Roots of Greed, Hatred and Ignorance~
~ Greed is the greatest danger of them all ~
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Ordinaryperson wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:21 pm ...
:goodpost:
Last edited by retrofuturist on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Verbatim quote removed
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

Dream is imagination from perception.

It can be affected from other beings, especially being in the spiritual realm, aka dead, deva... all the gods are just dead ppl from the past. They lack the body to communicate physically so they must use perception to communicate. Ppl with ability can communicate in this channel without being ever eavesdropping by CIA NSA etc. For ordinary ppl didnt open perception eye aka divine eye, then dream is the only way for them to be in perception state.

Normally the perception state is suppressed by conscious, so ppl can not hear or see the perception aka deva world or sound. By suppressing or switch to turn off conscious, the perception state can be feel.

For ordinary ppl they must dream to intercept perception messengers, for trained ppl they can switch it while they are awake. Some method only suppress this conscious barrier off, so ppl can live with perception everytime. It seems great but this is a dangerous approach, because your vision aka eye ear.. will be filled by unwanted noise from the dead who want to control you. Even driving is dangerous bc the vision is filled by perception is dangerous, it is unreal as when you are driving and seeing something may distract or even create accident or your body is easier for being possessed by other beings. Properly trained ppl can switch it on or off, between two worlds without the negative effects

For ordinary ppl their perception is distorted by they greed hatre illusion, so even in their perception state, their vision is not clear. Only for arahant the vision in perception is not distorted by greed hate ignorance.

The realm of perception is the realm of charm, spell... bc perception can affect ppl unconsciously, ppl like magician, witch.. (i dont know what English term for them) can cast spell or enchantment.. on ppl. It can make ppl love or hate ppl, or control their behavior, it affects them unconsciously, so they dont know they are under the affection of a charm or spell. It is effective for weak minded ppl, for strong mind ppl like atheist, it is not much effective bc their conscious is strong.
Please stop following me
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

The realm of perception is the realm of charm, spell... bc perception can affect ppl unconsciously, ppl like magician, witch.. (i dont know what English term for them) can cast spell or enchantment.. on ppl. It can make ppl love or hate ppl, or control their behavior, it affects them unconsciously, so they dont know they are under the affection of a charm or spell. It is effective for weak minded ppl, for strong mind ppl like atheist, it is not much effective bc their conscious is strong.
Good point.

Yes, I was only aware of that after I did a lot of research into the phenomena after suffering for nearly 20 years with hellish versions of my dreams. Of those hellish dreams I suffered for 10 years without knowing the danger of the dreams I had. I thought they were just dreams but unknowing to me was that some people were practicing black art (many sorcerers employed) to intervene/cause troubles to me and my family members. The "attacks" normally happened in very deep sleep where the body is at the weakest between certain time of the sleep (3 am to around 4.30 am).

It was like living in a dream world without knowing how to wake up until the appearance of reclining Buddha in my dream one night to wake me up. Put it this way, at that time I kept wondering why Buddha appeared in my dream when I was/am just an ordinary person who only practice Buddhism as I wish without understanding. Then something clicked, I thought I would search for such Buddha and followed the Buddha lead. That is when we found out all the reasons behind our ordeals. Took me/us (led by me) another 10 years to deal with the situation and we became extremely angry (me especially) after we found out the reasons. It took us very slowly to untangle the sorcerers' tricks one by one i.e. as the saying goes "they have mountain but we have higher mountain in Buddha") Most of the hell version of my dreams were the dangerous ones. Well, the attack actually started almost 30 years ago but their style of attacks are very slow to avoid detection and once the attacks accumulated over a period of time in life it would manifest into something nasty. Too many nastiest to describe that happened to us.

Anyway, I think you understand what I am trying to say here.

I also started researching the symptoms of the attacks and they matches almost 9/10.

For the non-skeptics I shall list some of the symptoms here:
They symptoms might be a combination but the trick is not to let you know and for you to assume it's natural medical conditions.

1. Red line horizontally across your eye (white part)
2. Skin itch like insects crawling all over
3. Panic attack for no reasons
4. Very fast heart beat not due to panic
5. Lost of hairs on your shin even when there is no friction like wearing trousers or generally lost of hairs (I got bold but no such genetic in the family)
6. Underneath the heel of your feet there is a feeling of wearing "shoe inserts", like a layer between the skin and the floor.
7. Dreams - plenty of dreams of the death.
8. Unable to sleep.
9. Sleepy while trying to work (8 & 9 is related).
10. Body felt like being pierced by needle.
11. Can't concentrate
12. Lower back pain (not trapped nerves etc and no medical condition)
13. Pressure so heavy that the spine felt like collapsing (at one point I was walking slower than a turtle)
14. Entire body stiffness like a log (they attack the main nerves), can't sit, walk or sleep.
15. Extreme anger and temper amongst all family members beyond control.
16. Unable to seek employment no matter how hard I tried or easily loss employment with no fault of mine.
17. Generally body ache.
18. Witnessed unknown event
19. Bloated stomach that never subside even with all the medication taken.
20. Extreme hate amongst all the family members.
21. Heart pain (checked with doctor all fine and normal)
22. Bloated stomach (this one I found out recently)

My father suffered even worst and is still in recovery at the moment.

Through research (non-English) I found out the ways to administer such nasties ... think I am not going to reveal here but there are 3 general ways or fall under 3 general categories generally speaking. Then you have sub-categories.

Every time we untangled one another surfaces and it went on for more than 20 years ... until we got so fed up we searched for help. Now the kamma is slowly ripening on those who harmed us as we did not retaliate. We sit and observe. We let go.

About 10 years ago I came to Dhamma Wheel but stopped because things were so bad I had to seek help.
The solutions are all in Buddha's teaching after I read quite a bit of the texts posted on Dhamma Wheel on the Buddha's teaching.

From my younger days without knowing and without a care in the world I have only woken up these few years from all the harm caused to us. I am no longer a young man and the best days of my life had gone ...

Nobody should endure this if the person lives a normal life with no bad intention. Kamma? Maybe and maybe not. Don't care. We just let it go.
~Actively trying to destroy the Three Unwholesome Roots of Greed, Hatred and Ignorance~
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Ordinaryperson wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Good point.

Yes, I was only aware of that after I did a lot of research into the phenomena after suffering for nearly 20 years with hellish versions of my dreams. Of those hellish dreams I suffered for 10 years without knowing the danger of the dreams I had. I thought they were just dreams but unknowing to me was that some people were practicing black art (many sorcerers employed) to intervene/cause troubles to me and my family members. The "attacks" normally happened in very deep sleep where the body is at the weakest between certain time of the sleep (3 am to around 4.30 am).

It was like living in a dream world without knowing how to wake up until the appearance of reclining Buddha in my dream one night to wake me up. Put it this way, at that time I kept wondering why Buddha appeared in my dream when I was/am just an ordinary person who only practice Buddhism as I wish without understanding. Then something clicked, I thought I would search for such Buddha and followed the Buddha lead. That is when we found out all the reasons behind our ordeals. Took me/us (led by me) another 10 years to deal with the situation and we became extremely angry (me especially) after we found out the reasons. It took us very slowly to untangle the sorcerers' tricks one by one i.e. as the saying goes "they have mountain but we have higher mountain in Buddha") Most of the hell version of my dreams were the dangerous ones. Well, the attack actually started almost 30 years ago but their style of attacks are very slow to avoid detection and once the attacks accumulated over a period of time in life it would manifest into something nasty. Too many nastiest to describe that happened to us.

I also started researching the symptoms of the attacks and they matches almost 9/10.

They symptoms might be a combination but the trick is not to let you know and for you to assume it's natural medical conditions.

5. Lost of hairs on your shin even when there is no friction like wearing trousers or generally lost of hairs (I got bold but no such genetic in the family)
6. Underneath the heel of your feet there is a feeling of wearing "shoe inserts", like a layer between the skin and the floor.
8. Unable to sleep.
11. Can't concentrate
13. Pressure so heavy that the spine felt like collapsing (at one point I was walking slower than a turtle)
14. Entire body stiffness like a log (they attack the main nerves), can't sit, walk or sleep.
16. Unable to seek employment no matter how hard I tried or easily loss employment with no fault of mine.
17. Generally body ache.

Through research (non-English) I found out the ways to administer such nasties ... think I am not going to reveal here but there are 3 general ways or fall under 3 general categories generally speaking. Then you have sub-categories.

Every time we untangled one another surfaces and it went on for more than 20 years ... until we got so fed up we searched for help. Now the kamma is slowly ripening on those who harmed us as we did not retaliate. We sit and observe. We let go.

About 10 years ago I came to Dhamma Wheel but stopped because things were so bad I had to seek help.
The solutions are all in Buddha's teaching after I read quite a bit of the texts posted on Dhamma Wheel on the Buddha's teaching.

From my younger days without knowing and without a care in the world I have only woken up these few years from all the harm caused to us. I am no longer a young man and the best days of my life had gone ...

Nobody should endure this if the person lives a normal life with no bad intention. Kamma? Maybe and maybe not. Don't care. We just let it go.
Hi ordinary person,

i was searching for a friend like you because i also witness same thing past 2 or 3 days and was about to post new topic on this but i found this so i reply here

3:30- 4:30 something is happening in my room or surronding.. i see shadow outline moving randomly .. it itself not harming but when i get some perception of it, i get scared

I have fast heart beat and heart attack like feeling even when my heart is normal

i cant sleep in any positioon comfortably

i feel tired all over day

i lost all employment interview and my memory is fading away

cant concentrate..

panic of fear and anxeity with death like feeling...

It happens around 3- 4:30 am or 3:30- 4:30 am ... my blood flow is also more..

if im in deep sleep, i lose awareness and escape or else its a scary thing

btw what unknown events u witnessed?

but i dont have any enimies who can do socery.. i live in modern city
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

btw what unknown events u witnessed?
Imprint on my bed.
I was lying on my bed in the afternoon, not even tired or asleep, and I could see the mattress depressed like having an invisible foot walking on it. The imprint is not heavy but I could see it moving from the lower end of the bed to the top of my bed beside me.
but i dont have any enimies who can do socery.. i live in modern city
You might not think you have enemy(s) and lived a carefree life but others may see you as one.
You will not see your enemy(s) but they see you.
You may not have enemy(s) but others see you as enemy without you knowing.

Usually if you are attack these are the most common possibilities (reasons) all deriving from Greed. (see Greed is appear again)
1. Lust - someone wants you or your partner or something you have so trying to get what they want.
2. Jealousy or envy - you live a happy life or a good life and someone cannot bear to see that so want to destroy that to satisfy their own feeling.
3. Money - someone cannot bear to see that you have more. Even if you have less they still consider more.
4. Business competition.

The remedy (beware that you are dealing with something/someone that have extreme greed, hatred and delusional so they might not care what you say)
Before you do anything you need to eliminate the possibilities.
1. Check with doctor if you are in good health.
2. Check your house or surroundig is not contaminated with chemical as that can affect your 5 senses.
3. While checking your house or surrounding compound if you find something out of ordinary. Don't touch it.
4. Check the land the house is built on.
5. Check the history of the house/flat.

Try this:
Take control your mind.
1. In your mind concentrate on Buddha.
2. Take refuge in triple gems everyday.
3. Pray or chant in the morning, afternoon and before bedtime.
4. Do Not meditate alone. i.e. if your mind is not strong enogh you might be led astray and you might go "crazy".
5. Build up courage by concentrating on Buddha's teaching and have Buddha as your guide - not easy because the opponent(s) have ways to weaken your defence.
6. Practice giving up on Greed or no attachment.
7. If you understand cause and effect or Dhamma then openly explain them to yourself while in the house. Read it out like normal conversation to yourself. (sounds crazy? No, the intention and purpose here is to let the attacker(s) know they are doing harm to themselves in the long-run. i.e. trying to talk sense into them. However, this might not work if you or yourself does not follow the teaching properly. In other words you are yourself unclean or hypocrite)
8. Then explain the severity of punishment that may await them if they cause you harm.
9. Whether this will work is difficult to say as the attacker(s) can be blinded by their own greed.
10. You try this method is to not to convince the attacker(s) but the "servant(s)" of the attacker. i.e. the "army" or entity being ordered to attack you.
11. You are trying to persuade the "servant(s)" to do good by leaving your alone or to go away, as they too will have to shoulder the kamma in future together with their master(s).
12. Tell the entity they might have been lied to by their master to do the dirty deeds for them. Sometimes, it is the other way around but nevertheless tell them.

The above is assuming you have been attacked.

The next is something trying to draw your attention or try to seek help from you because they know you follow the teaching of Buddha.
You can try this.
1. Dedicate merit (pouring the water method) to the entity. Do not dedicate merit to a life person.
2. Dedicate metta to the opponent(s) to make them happy so to leave you alone.
3. Continue with mindfulness.
4. Do the dedication for few times to see what happen.
5. You can also ask them to convey message to you in your dream of what they want. Careful with this as there are many tricks that will cause you harm.

The next is your previous live(s) kamma or enemies.
1. You asked for forgiveness if you have caused others harm in previous live(s).
2. Explain that you might have conducted yourself badly in previous live(s).
3. In this life you will dedicate merit and metta back to them.
4. Do Not promise something you Cannot deliver so careful of what you say.
5. Do that and see if something change.

The next is the determined attacks regardless. All the above methods will Not work.
1. This one is the worst one like those we have endured for more than 30 years.
2. This one requires intervention from the "above".
3. Again concentrate on Buddha and Buddha's teaching.
4. If you are in SE Asia then you need to seek help from certain Buddhist lineage and those that have authority in dealing with such phenomena. But beware that you may escalate the attack or you may get conned.
5. For this one you need to pray to Buddha to seek guidance as any other person who try to help you will also incur attack.
6. The attack will normally be you or your family as first target, then the people close to you like friends etc and finally people who wish to help you.
7. Therefore, you should avoid dragging them into your problem.
8. The first step of their attack is your metta. Once you have no more metta everything you do will only be negative.

If you managed to solve the problem the next step is to slowly build back all that you have lost. i.e. to replenish what you have lost but this is extremely slow.
Note that doing bad to others is fast but doing good is extremely slow. Be patient and practice letting go.

Also a determine attack is a determine attack no matter what you do and eventually they will get you. The only consolation is how severe is the attack and how you heal yourself.

Do Not retaliate by destroying the opponents as that decision is not yours but the kamma of the attackers.
Another point is that they can see you but you cannot see them.

The way we deal with extremely determine attackers are to report to the " authority above", we pass the decision to them.

Just to add a final points there are rules in all dimensions regardless. Anyone/beings or not that breaks those rules will incur relevant kamma/punishment.

Another point keep a record of "things" happening to you. There is usually a correlation but trying to make sense of them require understanding those correlation.

In terms of sorcery different parts of the world have their own traditions.
Generally they fall into general categories:
1. The deployment of sentient beings.
2. The use of nature.
3. The man-made concoction.
Not all are bad as these are all the "Yin/Yang" of the world i.e. natural phenomena.
i lost all employment interview and my memory is fading away
Yes, I forgot to mention fading memory. This happened to me rather suddenly.

Based on my personal experience avoid anyone who has envy in their heart or can easily feel envious of others.

To add another point, attack can be from within and beyond - we had both.

Finally a word of warning to those that practices the dark art of sorcery to harm others.
You Will Not get away.
You will have to pay back regardless of who you are sentient or not.
You have violated the law of the nature.
The kamma you incur is very severe.
Padipa

Post by Padipa »

There is a fantastic book on this: Living with the Devil by Stephen Batchelor. My apology if this was already presented in this thread--do not, unfortunately, have time to read the entire thread. Google it! Best
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

Ordinaryperson wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Good point.

8. Unable to sleep.
11. Can't concentrate
17. Generally body ache.

LOL, you were under such a heavy attack? I was under attacks, but they employ both visible and invisible methods. They seem to be wealthy and powerful to control ppl near me, like my neighbours. My neighbour often use something to hit the floor very hard, they are above me, especially when i get in concentration or realizing something. But sometime i find it helpful, i dont know, because they make me to concentrate on the matter instead of normal concentration method. Sometime when they dont do anything, i miss them and that is one of the factor of the attack, yes or no, the mind unconsciously attach to the events. And then i realized that.

Great masters of the past often said, mara is helpful if you know. Yes, i find out that under attack is helpful in some manner, and sometimes i want to thank them. And i tell you, when that thought arise, they beat the floor like hell, lol, it makes me distract from wholesome thought, that is their trick.

And they trick, when they know i am realized, they keep silent for a time, LOL, then suddenly come back with beating the floor again. They tried very hard to control me, but it seems i get support from dhamma, so they can not do too much damage.

I guess my neighbour is possessed by the spirit, so they can do the trick and knowing what i was doing. That is the visible attack, of course there is invisible attack but not as heavy as your story.
Please stop following me
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

I guess your dream about hell may be real, may be not. It is may be your perception that can escape your body and see the hell realm

But for ordinary ppl, their perception is distorted by greed, hate and ignorance, so dont get attach too much to it. Sometime sign and vision arise for me, it comes from one of three sources, my perception, someone helping me or mara aka someone harming me. If I find the vision match the reality then i consider it as a possibility or else i discarded all my dreams bc i dont know someone is helping me or mara is, so i discarded it all.

Just live normal live, attach to these phenomenon leads to harmful effects.
Please stop following me
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

whynotme wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:57 am I guess your dream about hell may be real, may be not. It is may be your perception that can escape your body and see the hell realm

But for ordinary ppl, their perception is distorted by greed, hate and ignorance, so dont get attach too much to it. Sometime sign and vision arise for me, it comes from one of three sources, my perception, someone helping me or mara aka someone harming me. If I find the vision match the reality then i consider it as a possibility or else i discarded all my dreams bc i dont know someone is helping me or mara is, so i discarded it all.

even vivid dream is false...

it is just mind tricks ... only divine eye is real time observation as many people with divine eye see the same thing at particular time.
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:05 pm
whynotme wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:57 am I guess your dream about hell may be real, may be not. It is may be your perception that can escape your body and see the hell realm

it is just mind tricks ... only divine eye is real time observation as many people with divine eye see the same thing at particular time.
Even divine is just imagination of the mind. All deva are the imagination of the mind and ppl with divine eye think they're true
Please stop following me
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

Formerly i can stop thought and keep myself awake when enter the sleep. Its close to 3rd jhana. But ppl say my method is suppression, so i stop it. Bc its closer to traditional approach, and its hard for non religious ppl to follow, so i try to find a different and more natural method that if i can get through then others like family or friends can get through.

When i asked, my dream seems legit sometimes, so maybe let it have some possibility of meaning.
Please stop following me
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

whynotme wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am Formerly i can stop thought and keep myself awake when enter the sleep. Its close to 3rd jhana. But ppl say my method is suppression, so i stop it. Bc its closer to traditional approach, and its hard for non religious ppl to follow, so i try to find a different and more natural method that if i can get through then others like family or friends can get through.

When i asked, my dream seems legit sometimes, so maybe let it have some possibility of meaning.
U can continue traditional approach as i also do it but dreams are diff, div eye is different see vism about it
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

LOL, you were under such a heavy attack? .
Yes, most of them happened to me and some to my family members. Those whole healed us explained that there were two major enemies/culprits that were on-going but they are now contained. One from within i.e. in-laws, while the external ones are from neighbour who wants to acquire my parents' house for peanut price. Both are very determine. The one from within are millionaires while the external one are just a very greedy person(s) (think the son was also involved).

Also I forgot to mention that at one point my erectile was not working or dysfunction for nearly 3 years out of a sudden. I was helped by an 85 year old man (semi-hermit) who immediately pin-point the source of the problem. i.e. from within. Took about 10 days to sort out the problem with blessed holy water and about 3 months to slowly return normal. According to the old man the tactic used was "the lowest of the low" and the karmic sin to be incurred by the people who ordered or administered it would be very severe.
I was under attacks, but they employ both visible and invisible methods. They seem to be wealthy and powerful to control ppl near me, like my neighbours. My neighbour often use something to hit the floor very hard, they are above me, especially when i get in concentration or realizing something. But sometime i find it helpful, i dont know, because they make me to concentrate on the matter instead of normal concentration method. Sometime when they dont do anything, i miss them and that is one of the factor of the attack, yes or no, the mind unconsciously attach to the events. And then i realized that. Great masters of the past often said, mara is helpful if you know. Yes, i find out that under attack is helpful in some manner, and sometimes i want to thank them. And i tell you, when that thought arise, they beat the floor like hell, lol, it makes me distract from wholesome thought, that is their trick.
Try not to think too much but solve the immediate problem first whatever that is then you can contemplate.
And they trick, when they know i am realized, they keep silent for a time, LOL, then suddenly come back with beating the floor again. They tried very hard to control me, but it seems i get support from dhamma, so they can not do too much damage.
What is their intention? Normally, there should be an intention somewhere. Find that out and you may solve the problem.
I guess my neighbour is possessed by the spirit, so they can do the trick and knowing what i was doing. That is the visible attack, of course there is invisible attack but not as heavy as your story.
Possible or they may have kept spirits/sentient beings. If you perform prayers they sentient beings will have to leave until you finished praying or chanting etc. Basically, you have inconvenient the sentient beings if they have them. :D
I don't think it is easy to distinguish as sometimes it may message that is trying to alert you to something. The problem is that if you are not well learned or trained you cannot distinguish them. Sometimes, you just get drawn into it without you having any control. Regardless, it is best not get attached to them. Initially all my dreams were just dream that I thought were weird but made nothing of it, but then when reclining Buddha appeared in my dream during the worst period of my life I took note and acted on it. Took me a while to solve all the problems one by one.
whynotme wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am
Formerly i can stop thought and keep myself awake when enter the sleep. Its close to 3rd jhana. But ppl say my method is suppression, so i stop it. Bc its closer to traditional approach, and its hard for non religious ppl to follow, so i try to find a different and more natural method that if i can get through then others like family or friends can get through.

U can continue traditional approach as i also do it but dreams are diff, div eye is different see vism about it
I don't know anything about jhana or what it is but for the moment in my life I just need to solve the immediate problems (almost all solved now), then I shall seek a master(s) to guide me. Hopefully, I will be able to understand the meaning of jhana.