Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
asker

Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?

Post by asker »

asker

I have been reading & studying Recommended Theravada Readings & I wanna know how to keep Concentration Awareness reading

Post by asker »

I have been reading & studying Recommended Theravada Readings & I wanna know how to keep Concentration Awareness while reading..

There are other activities of course which I need guidance on Concentrated Awareness on besides reading.

Thank You 🙏
mjaviem

Re: Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?

Post by mjaviem »

asker wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:06 am Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?
What is "Concentrated Awareness"?
robertk wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:59 am viewtopic.php?t=15952
Highly recommended :heart:
Eighty four pages! Could you summarize what has been said?
Last edited by mjaviem on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
Ceisiwr

Re: Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?

Post by Ceisiwr »

mjaviem wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 am Eighty four pages! Could you summarize what has been said?
That’s equivalent to a very small book.

:reading:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
robertk

Post by robertk »

mjaviem wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 am
asker wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:06 am Any good threads on Concentrated Awareness on everyday activities when you are not sitting up to meditate?
What is "Concentrated Awareness"?
robertk wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:59 am viewtopic.php?t=15952
Highly recommended :heart:
Eighty four pages! Could you summarize what has been said?
yes, sure.
Sabbe dhamma anatta - all phenomena are not self.
and
ye dhammā hetuppabhavā
tesaṁ hetuṁ tathāgato (āha)
tesañca yo nirodho
evaṁvādī mahāsamaṇoti.

“Whatever phenomena arise from cause:
their cause and their cessation.
Such is the teaching of the Tathāgata,
the Great Contemplative.”

- and this can begin to be seen now, in any position, at any time.
asker

Post by asker »

Are there any good ebooks to read regarding Concentrated Awareness or Concentrated Mindfulness.

The 84 pages thread is awfully long.
befriend

Post by befriend »

Mindfulness can be applied in daily life but it can get wierd if you practice mindfulness all day which I don't think is in alignment with th 8 fold path just my opinion. Some things to bring mindfulness into daily life is when your doing chores , walking, eating, showering, using toilet, brushing teeth.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Ideally you should be as mindful sitting on the toilet as you are sitting on the mediation cushion. Awareness extends to all activities throughout the day. Sayadaw Tejaniya and Analayo Bhikkhu have some good free ebooks out on how to maintain constant mindfulness throughout the whole day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ashintejan ... /books/amp

https://www.buddhistinquiry.org/resourc ... lications/

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Alex123

Post by Alex123 »

bodom wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:37 pm Ideally you should be as mindful sitting on the toilet as you are sitting on the mediation cushion. Awareness extends to all activities throughout the day. Sayadaw Tejaniya and Analayo Bhikkhu have some good free ebooks out on how to maintain constant mindfulness throughout the whole day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ashintejan ... /books/amp

https://www.buddhistinquiry.org/resourc ... lications/

:anjali:
I've read many of Sayadaw's books. I still have some difficulty distinguishing his form of awareness vs ordinary person's state of mind. It seems very subtle to me.
frank k

Post by frank k »

See the suttas in these articles from this page, I collect all relevant sutta references:
https://lucid24.org/sted/8aam/8samadhi/index.html
🚶 Walking meditation, samādhi & jhāna in all postures
always should be in samādhi & jhāna in all postures 24/7: or at least strive to be
learner's jhāna, impure jhāna, is still called "jhāna":
especially this one
4 Jhānas🌕 ≈ 4 Satipaṭṭhāna🐘
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages