In the Buddha's Words - Open Source Version

Where we gather to focus on a single discourse or thematic collection from the Sutta Piṭaka (new selection every two weeks)
pulga

Re: In the Buddha's Words - Open Source Version

Post by pulga »

This title in now available as a very affordable audiobook on MP-3 CD.

https://www.brillianceaudio.com/product?i=30565
"Dhammā=Ideas. This is the clue to much of the Buddha's teaching." ~ Ven. Ñanavira, Commonplace Book
BKh

Post by BKh »

mikenz66 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 am :anjali:
Mike
Here is a page with all of the links connected to SuttaCentral. They are using the new format and for the first four nikayas they take you to Bhante Sujato's translations. Where there is a part of the sutta included in the original work, the link will take you to a page with that selection highlighted.

https://readingfaithfully.org/in-the-bu ... ntral-net/

If you would like to use the html of the page and update the original post, that's fine.

Enjoy.
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

BKh wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 am
mikenz66 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 am :anjali:
Mike
Here is a page with all of the links connected to SuttaCentral. They are using the new format and for the first four nikayas they take you to Bhante Sujato's translations. Where there is a part of the sutta included in the original work, the link will take you to a page with that selection highlighted.

https://readingfaithfully.org/in-the-bu ... ntral-net/

If you would like to use the html of the page and update the original post, that's fine.

Enjoy.
Thanks! I've added a link at the top of the first post, since your page looks a lot nicer than a Forum post!

I did notice an error:
(6) Bringing Tranquillity to the Land (from DN 5)
The link should be:
https://suttacentral.net/dn5/en/sujato#sc54--57 [two "-"]

:heart:
Mike
BKh

Post by BKh »

mikenz66 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:45 pm I did notice an error:
Thanks! I think it is fixed. That was a tricky one to remember.
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Anyone know what’s wrong with the noblepath.org website? Are Ven. B. Bodhi stalks available anywhere else?
“Householder, you have provided the community of monks with robes, alms food, lodgings, & medicinal requisites for the sick, but you shouldn’t rest content with the thought, ‘We have provided the community of monks with robes, alms food, lodgings, & medicinal requisites for the sick.’ So you should train yourself, ‘Let’s periodically enter & remain in seclusion & rapture.’ That’s how you should train yourself.”
AN 5.176- Rapture
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

DarrenM wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 am Anyone know what’s wrong with the noblepath.org website? Are Ven. B. Bodhi stalks available anywhere else?
Hmm. Hopefully a temporary problem...

They may have been mirrored on one of the other Dhamma sites, but I can't locate any right now.

Mike
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It’s been like that a week or 2 now.
“Householder, you have provided the community of monks with robes, alms food, lodgings, & medicinal requisites for the sick, but you shouldn’t rest content with the thought, ‘We have provided the community of monks with robes, alms food, lodgings, & medicinal requisites for the sick.’ So you should train yourself, ‘Let’s periodically enter & remain in seclusion & rapture.’ That’s how you should train yourself.”
AN 5.176- Rapture
santa100

Post by santa100 »

DarrenM wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 am Anyone know what’s wrong with the noblepath.org website? Are Ven. B. Bodhi stalks available anywhere else?
Ven. Bodhi's lecture series on the MN and AN are also available on youtube's "BAUS Chuang Yen Monastery" channel or you can click the link directly at: https://www.youtube.com/user/venbodhi
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't see the In the Buddha's Words recordings there, unless I'm missing something.

Mike
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Mike, I found this on the Dhammatalks website;
https://www.dhammatalks.net/bhikkhu_bod ... start.html

I presume these are the same talks given on the Noble Path site?

Darren
AN 5.176- Rapture
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Yes, that's them. Thanks for finding the alternative source!

Mike