🟧 A Teacher Named Araka, AN 7.74 (Week of June 13, 2021)

Where we gather to focus on a single discourse or thematic collection from the Sutta Piṭaka (new selection every two weeks)
asahi

Re: 📍A Teacher Named Araka, AN 7.74 (Week of June 13, 2021)

Post by asahi »

Araka was a spiritual person surely he must been somehow much more sensitive towards death in comparison to others . He might be already had certain insight into impermanence in which that the sense of urgency and emergency far more powerful arose in him . He could be clairvoyance also . If we compare human lifespan of 100 years with the mosquito (male 7 days) and (female 7 weeks) life span , human lifespan appears very long for a tiny mosquito . But we as humans feel that 50 years of life are like just a short while of living or mostly not even notice or aware of it . A spiritual person would tends to pursue spiritual path regardless of if he still bound by sensuality or not . I remember when i was before at primary school i saw an old man of my neighbour passed away , other than feeling of fear there was a sense of transiency of life . In the younger days we seeks for spirituality path and now looking back we are already on the path for decades arent we ?
No bashing No gossiping
confusedlayman

Re: 📍A Teacher Named Araka, AN 7.74 (Week of June 13, 2021)

Post by confusedlayman »

asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:55 pm Araka was a spiritual person surely he must been somehow much more sensitive towards death in comparison to others . He might be already had certain insight into impermanence in which that the sense of urgency and emergency far more powerful arose in him . He could be clairvoyance also . If we compare human lifespan of 100 years with the mosquito (male 7 days) and (female 7 weeks) life span , human lifespan appears very long for a tiny mosquito . But we as humans feel that 50 years of life are like just a short while of living or mostly not even notice or aware of it . A spiritual person would tends to pursue spiritual path regardless of if he still bound by sensuality or not . I remember when i was before at primary school i saw an old man of my neighbour passed away , other than feeling of fear there was a sense of transiency of life . In the younger days we seeks for spirituality path and now looking back we are already on the path for decades arent we ?
I am also worried about peoples death so I want to seek deathless and it took me to buddhism ... after coming to buddhism deathless is not being born... instead of being born and staying same
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...