Any recommendations for how to find local stores that might carry Buddha statues for a shrine?

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
philosopher

Any recommendations for how to find local stores that might carry Buddha statues for a shrine?

Post by philosopher »

I tried searching for "Buddha statue" in Yelp but got a bunch of New Age stores and various Buddhist temples. Online stores would be fine, too, though I'd prefer to look in person. Thank you! :anjali:
JamesTheGiant

Re: Any recommendations for how to find local stores that might carry Buddha statues for a shrine?

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Are you in the USA?
I find it's the New Age and Hippy stores which sell Buddha statues. Some of them are actually quite nice.
They are those stores which sell lots of incense and tie-dye clothing and ethnic wooden stuff. Hippy Junk, really, although I'm sort of a hippy myself.
Kim OHara

Re: Any recommendations for how to find local stores that might carry Buddha statues for a shrine?

Post by Kim OHara »

:thumbsup:
Here, too.

Where we are, garden suppliers also often sell Buddha statues along with their fountains and hanging baskets.

:namaste:
Kim
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Pier 1
“Monk, the property of light, the property of beauty, the property of the dimension of the infinitude of space, the property of the dimension of the infinitude of consciousness, the property of the dimension of nothingness: These properties are to be reached as perception attainments.[2] The property of the dimension of neither perception nor non-perception is to be reached as a remnant-of-fabrications attainment. The property of the cessation of feeling & perception is to be reached as a cessation attainment."[3]

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Kim OHara wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 am :thumbsup:
Here, too.

Where we are, garden suppliers also often sell Buddha statues along with their fountains and hanging baskets.

:namaste:
Kim
Oh, yes! I saw a really nice Buddha head at Bunnings in the garden department. Cheap cast concrete, but it had a really serene expression.
Wizard in the Forest

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

Wayfair
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

Thank you for the recommendations, all. :anjali:
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 am Are you in the USA?
I find it's the New Age and Hippy stores which sell Buddha statues. Some of them are actually quite nice.
They are those stores which sell lots of incense and tie-dye clothing and ethnic wooden stuff. Hippy Junk, really, although I'm sort of a hippy myself.
Yes, USA. :) I did check out a New Age store today, but they had none. There are not too many in my area.

Re: your hippy comments.. :rofl:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Is price / budget an issue? If so, Ross department stores and dd's discounts have very inexpensive ones. Just look in their home furnishings area; they have some small to medium sized ones, almost always under $20.
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

DNS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 am Is price / budget an issue? If so, Ross department stores and dd's discounts have very inexpensive ones. Just look in their home furnishings area; they have some small to medium sized ones, almost always under $20.
Oh, wow - thank you!!! I'd never have guessed. I will check out my local stores. :) :woohoo: :anjali: