In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
retrofuturist

In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

This topic has been set up in the shrine room, to enable you to share prayers and recollections for bhikkhu and Dhamma Wheel member, Bhikkhu Samahita.

:candle:

You may enjoy Bhikkhu Samahita's Daily Dhamma Drops From Ceylon - a series of "drops" that Bhikkhu Samahita created and shared with us at Dhamma Wheel.

(Please note, discussion not fitting this Shrine Room theme will be moved elsewhere.)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Re: In rememberance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by SarathW »

Ven. Samahita is a true Kalyanamitta. He has helped many people take refuge in the triple gem. He tirelessly works with dedication and alway kept communicating with his followers. He was very humble and once I corrected one of mistake and was quick to acknowledge it.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:candle: :candle: :candle:

Anicca vata sankhara
Uppada vaya dhammino
Uuppajjitva nirujjhanti
Tesam vupasamo sukho

All things are impermanent.
They arise and pass away.
Having arisen they come to an end.
Their coming to peace is bliss.
Aniccato

Post by Aniccato »

Have to share this. Because it’s a great lesson personally.

I was working since yesterday on extracting Venerable Bhikkhu Samahitas entire website. All was going well about 8500 files out of 16400 files downloads. Then his website domain happened to expire an hour ago. Of all times.

This is the Venerables most valuable teaching to me that he ever gave. Nothing is permanent, clinging and attachment are suffering.

Thank you Bhante Samahita. I will never forget you....
With Metta
seeker242

Post by seeker242 »

Bhikkhu Samahita thank you for all your wonderful work. May you be at peace. :anjali:
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

i listened to his videos at night
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
pegembara

Re: In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by pegembara »

And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

I communicated with Bhante several times over the last few years. He had a big impact on me. I attended a retreat he led in North Carolina last winter - in fact, I spent the new year with him and several others. He encouraged me in my practice and life, was very kind, even fatherly. I will miss him. Thank you, Bhante. May you attain the deathless.
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

May he be free from suffering
May he be liberated
May he be well wherever he is

Ps .
I never knew him prior to this until the news came out .
You always gain by giving
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Geonny wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:44 pm Have to share this. Because it’s a great lesson personally.
I was working since yesterday on extracting Venerable Bhikkhu Samahitas entire website. All was going well about 8500 files out of 16400 files downloads. Then his website domain happened to expire an hour ago. Of all times.
This is the Venerables most valuable teaching to me that he ever gave. Nothing is permanent, clinging and attachment are suffering.
Thank you Bhante Samahita. I will never forget you....
Yes, that was fast. When I first heard this news, I looked up his website and noticed that it was expiring the next day -- and it did; it went down that very next day.

Fortunately, we have his nearly 3,000 posts in the Daily Dhamma Drops here at DW and his hundreds of youtube videos. They will remain up due to being hosted here at DW and by youtube / google.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Fortunately, we have his nearly 3,000 posts in the Daily Dhamma Drops here at DW and his hundreds of youtube videos. They will remain up due to being hosted here at DW and by youtube / google.
Thank you, David, for your effort in protecting and propagating Dhamma. :anjali:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

This is sad news, although I didn't know Bhikkhu Samahita, I feel bad for anyone who is suffering like this.

May he be at peace.
May he be free of suffering.
May he see the light of Buddha, wisdom and compassion.

Namo Amitabha.