In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
confusedlayman

Re: In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by confusedlayman »

After listening to ven. Samahita videos, I think he should have taken his life after attaining nibbana as his videos are upto the point as long as i saw. he cant be a victim of mental disorder...

he died as arhant? or anagami?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
jagodage

Post by jagodage »

Dear Friends
Venerable Samahita has one an yeoman service to propagate the Lord Buddha's teaching to Dhamma wheelers as well as others.His daily dew drops was unique.

Wish he progress on Nirvana path comfortably.

:candle:

With Metta
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

I should have joined dhammawheel before so i could have interacted with him!
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm »

Here is a picture of Bhikhu Samahita some people might like.

(Wherever you are)
May you have a happy life, a healthy life may you quickly realize the 4 noble truths in this Gautama Buddhas dispensation...

:candle:
forest

Post by forest »

Hi, this is samsarictravelling.* I do not know which email was connected with my 'samsarictravelling' account, and thought it was this email -- that I found out was connected to a 'forest' account. So I will post with this 'forest' account, instead.

I just found out today -- today is October 6, 2020 -- about Bhikkhu Samahita's death (which happened almost a year ago). I saw the news when I saw the notice on the What Buddha Said website.

I read this: https://discourse.suttacentral.net/t/pa ... nsen/14158

And read this: viewtopic.php?t=35556

Ai

* My blog (though inactive now): http://samsarictravelling.blogspot.com/
samsarictravelling

Post by samsarictravelling »

forest wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:13 am Hi, this is samsarictravelling.* I do not know which email was connected with my 'samsarictravelling' account, and thought it was this email -- that I found out was connected to a 'forest' account. So I will post with this 'forest' account, instead.

I just found out today -- today is October 6, 2020 -- about Bhikkhu Samahita's death (which happened almost a year ago). I saw the news when I saw the notice on the What Buddha Said website.

I read this: https://discourse.suttacentral.net/t/pa ... nsen/14158

And read this: viewtopic.php?t=35556

Ai

* My blog (though inactive now): http://samsarictravelling.blogspot.com/
Okay, I remembered which email was connected to my 'samsarictravelling' ID, as you can see.
jagodage

Post by jagodage »

He is a true Buddha puthra.
A true Kayana mitta.
Let the merit accrue all the ways
Transfer to Ven Samahitha in this life
So as to end this Sansaric Journey

With Metta :candle: :candle: :candle:
zamis

Post by zamis »

:candle: just found out... just a couple of minutes ago.The Venerable was one of my first online connections and the first time I took Refuge was on his site. That banner prompted one of my very first experiences of insight. May his memory be a blessing for us.
"Therefore Ananda, live with yourself as an island, yourself as a refuge, there is no other Refuge. With the Teaching as an island, the Teaching as a refuge, there is no other Refuge." (DN 16)
Kidet0

Post by Kidet0 »

In continuing to sing the praises of a distinguished bhikkhu, it's so strange how things are starting to add up for me now. I subscribed to Bhikkhu Samahita's daily emails back in 2012 when I was an emotionally troubled 19 year old looking for a saving grace - even before I stumbled upon Vipassana retreats. At that time I didn't personally know a single Buddhist in the whole wide world. Venerable Samahita made so much effort to spread the Dhamma via the internet back in those days.

Gratitude doesn't even begin to describe the emotions at this moment.
smallsteps

Post by smallsteps »

Hi,

Bhikkhu Samahita FB group seem to be active.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bhikkhu.Samahita.Group