In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Bunks

Re: In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by Bunks »

DNS wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 am
Bunks wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 pm Hi all
Email received today from Bhante's son Thor, I hope someone is able to help him.
Please reach out to him on the email address provided if you can:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all.
Thank you for all your emails, it has truly warmed my heart to know how much my father reached people across the globe with his buddhist teachings.
I have tried to respond to all of them from my father's email but it seems that the subsystem sending the emails is failing, so if you are missing a response that is probably why.
Any further inquiries etc. may be made to [email protected].
Additionally, I am looking for someone with the knowledge to get What buddha said website back up. There are some funds in the paypal that I would be willing to use for this but it would mostly cover server costs, of course you would be given the passwords etc and what other data I have so you can get it back up.
Best regards, Thor.
See this post from Khalil Bodhi:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35574&p=536024#p533634

Perhaps you or Thor could reach out to him, as it appears he may have access to the web hosting company and files?
Thank you, Thor wrote back to me and told me the process had already begun so I assume he has been contacted by the relevant person(s)
Stop thinking and start living!
new

Post by new »

I used to watch some of Bhikkhu Samahita's informative and beautiful videos.
I haven't heard of him lately, which I found strange, so I decided to check if anything happened, only to discover that he, sadly, passed away.

I have a little anecdote. I was chatting with a guy I met online this January, not a Buddhist, who was going to kill himself, of course I tried to make him reconsider, and at one point I gave him Bhikkhu Samahita's video about suicide. Sadly it seems like he went through with it anyway. Well, and now this.

:candle: :candle: :candle:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

In my opinion Ven. Samahita's opinion in this video is incorrect.
I wish I have seen this video before his death.
Please make any comments on the following thread.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27879&p=397389&hilit=

:focus:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

It would be nice if someone were to take over the hermitage where he lived on Knuckles Mountain and complete the Meditation Hall (Sala) he commenced building.

We'll see I guess
Calmoid

Post by Calmoid »

Bunks wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:25 am It would be nice if someone were to take over the hermitage where he lived on Knuckles Mountain and complete the Meditation Hall (Sala) he commenced building.

We'll see I guess
Well you could for example contact the neighbors (one can see the cypress hermitage from the hillside hermitage), Ajahn Nyanamoli + sangha, Hillside Hermitage. They might be willing to take it over if the conditions are right.

Who is now in charge of that place? Who owns the land deeds? That person or that group who looks after/ is legally in charge of it cypress should contact Ajahn Nyanamoli, not someone who has no authority otherwise he can't help.
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

I still can’t believe he did it 😢😞
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Bunks wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 am I still can’t believe he did it 😢😞
Hi Bunks
Let it go.
Think about the contribution he made to Dhamma propagation when he was alive.
Perhaps he must have been reborn in a better place if he did not attain Nibbana before he passed away.
Pay attention to your practice. Do not waste your time.
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

SarathW wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 am
Bunks wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 am I still can’t believe he did it 😢😞
Hi Bunks
Let it go.
Think about the contribution he made to Dhamma propagation when he was alive.
Perhaps he must have been reborn in a better place if he did not attain Nibbana before he passed away.
Pay attention to your practice. Do not waste your time.
Thank you :namaste:
Jovi

Post by Jovi »

I only today learned of my friends passing. I corresponded with him since 2006. He counseled me many times, my darkest times, when I was going through hell, always to never give up, to do right, and not to waste this precious birth. I cannot believe that he is gone, in this fashion, after telling me so many times not to do the same, when I was actively considering it Then, he was far further along the path, and I cannot know why or the circumstances. All I can say is that when I was alone in this world, going through cancer, alcoholism, depression, he was there, for me. THANK YOU MY FRIEND. I am so sorry I never got to say goodbye.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

after telling me so many times not to do the same
This is a sign of a great man.
My father used to smoke and consume alcohol but he asks me to not to do it.
I know some people addicted to drugs advising others not to go on the same path.

There are four types of persons as per Buddha's teaching.

- A person who help others but not help themselves
- A person who does not help others but help themselves.
- A person help others and help themselves
- A person helps nither himself no others.
Jovi

Post by Jovi »

SarathW wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:07 am
after telling me so many times not to do the same
This is a sign of a great man.
My father used to smoke and consume alcohol but he asks me to not to do it.
I know some people addicted to drugs advising others not to go on the same path.

There are four types of persons as per Buddha's teaching.

- A person who help others but not help themselves
- A person who does not help others but help themselves.
- A person help others and help themselves
- A person helps nither himself no others.
Yes, it is. Thank you. :anjali: :thanks:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Some posts more suited to the Monastics and Suicide topic have been moved there.

Please keep in mind the purpose of this topic and the Shrine Room section.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

Cried when I read about his death. He was a very inspiring person.
I hope he attained parinibbana.

So, this is life.. We all are born and walk towards death. Don't postpone your maranasati, your death could be anytime. :shrug:
Eyes downcast, not footloose,
senses guarded, with protected mind,
not oozing — not burning — with lust,
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Sutta Nipāta 1.3 - Khaggavisana Sutta
See, Ānanda! All those conditioned phenomena have passed, ceased, and perished. So impermanent are conditions, so unstable are conditions, so unreliable are conditions. This is quite enough for you to become disillusioned, dispassionate, and freed regarding all conditions.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
sakyan

Post by sakyan »

Too soon the Ven Samahita has passed away! He was always diligent in sharing the dhamma, He helped many through his beautiful youtube videos.

I am very grateful to him. May he attain the deathless!

:candle: :candle: :candle:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Jovi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 pm I only today learned of my friends passing. I corresponded with him since 2006. He counseled me many times, my darkest times, when I was going through hell, always to never give up, to do right, and not to waste this precious birth. I cannot believe that he is gone, in this fashion, after telling me so many times not to do the same, when I was actively considering it Then, he was far further along the path, and I cannot know why or the circumstances. All I can say is that when I was alone in this world, going through cancer, alcoholism, depression, he was there, for me. THANK YOU MY FRIEND. I am so sorry I never got to say goodbye.
I feel you my man
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...