In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
pilgrim

Re: In remembrance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by pilgrim »

tamdrin wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:45 am This is sad news, although I didn't know Bhikkhu Samahita, I feel bad for anyone who is suffering like this.

May he be at peace.
May he be free of suffering.
May he see the light of Buddha, wisdom and compassion.

Namo Amitabha.
Some info is missing from this thread. Appears Bhante Samahita passed away. Is there a link to the announcement and what suffering are you referring to?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Please see this post and topic for additional context.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Please also see this topic: Preserving the teachings of Bhikkhu Samahita

For more information, or to assist in this project, please contact Ven. Pannavati.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Jones

Post by Jones »

Bhante was such an expert on the Dhamma, I will always remember how happy he looked sitting by the tree at the top of Cyprus Hill hermitage, teaching the true Dhamma, I always felt such a deep reverence in his presence, he was the best. He was a good person, I wish that he didn't suffer physically, I know he was undisturbed mentally, because he had such a profound knowledge of the Dhamma. He was of true benifit to the world, he had such skill, his building of the hermitage which was self sufficient and independent just like him. I was glad I was able to support him in his endeavours, and the people who supported him-of no small merit have they aquired. A true living example of the Dhamma, I will never forget the opportunity of being able to communicate with him, I always felt the importance of respecting him when listening to him, he seemed to inspire an unworldly confidence whenever he spoke. Even if I continued writing for an aeon it would not exhaust or be sufficient in the praise his example deserves.

May we all remember the happiness he exuded whilst sitting by the Tree atop of The Cyprus Hill Hermitage!!!! A true Happiness indeed!!!!
manas

Post by manas »

What a helpful and beautiful person he was. I liked his sincere wish to spread Dhamma and found it inspiring. From what i can surmise, he's now in a better situation, I'd say. To quote one of Ajahn Thanissaro's talks, 'The well-trained mind brings happiness'... :heart:

:candle:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Khalil Bodhi

Re: In rememberance of Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

DNS wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:13 pm
Geonny wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:44 pm Have to share this. Because it’s a great lesson personally.
I was working since yesterday on extracting Venerable Bhikkhu Samahitas entire website. All was going well about 8500 files out of 16400 files downloads. Then his website domain happened to expire an hour ago. Of all times.
This is the Venerables most valuable teaching to me that he ever gave. Nothing is permanent, clinging and attachment are suffering.
Thank you Bhante Samahita. I will never forget you....
Yes, that was fast. When I first heard this news, I looked up his website and noticed that it was expiring the next day -- and it did; it went down that very next day.

Fortunately, we have his nearly 3,000 posts in the Daily Dhamma Drops here at DW and his hundreds of youtube videos. They will remain up due to being hosted here at DW and by youtube / google.
I think he may have known this would happen as I had paid for hosting for the last two years (at least) and he had not contacted me to let me know it was expiring. May he enjoy a favorable rebirth. :candle: :candle: :candle:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

Bunks

Post by Bunks »

Bhikkhu Samahita was someone I both respected and admired.

The first time we spoke on Skype a couple of years ago his joy and passion for the Dhamma was clearly evident.

He made offerings at the temple of the tooth for my parents, my kids and I. I must find the video and watch it again.

In fact, in dedication to him I’m going to go back through his YouTube catalogue and try watching them all.

He is gone but will never be forgotten 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️❤️❤️
Stop thinking and start living!
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

I got this in my email.

"Hello all, this is Ven. Bhikkhu Samahita's son writing, to inform you all of my father's suicide about a month ago, please share amongst yourselves.
Although these news must be tough to hear, you may take solace in that he looked very peaceful in death. The ceremony was beautiful and attended by many old friends, family, as well as members of the Buddhist community. He was cremated according to Buddhist tradition and his ashes are interred in the Buddhist section of Bispebjerg Kirkegård.

The rest of the donations to his page will go to those he left behind and help pay for funerary expenses.

I will check his main email, once in a while to answer any questions/tie up any loose ends.

Best regards, Thor. "

gingercatni

Bhikkhu Samahita has died

Post by gingercatni »

Hello everyone,

I apologise if this has been posted already. This morning I received an email from Venerable Bhikkhu Samahita or so I thought, it was from his son informing those who supported him that he had committed suicide about a month ago, and had been cremated and interred in a Buddhist cemetery in Denmark.

I was in awe of his dedication to the dhamma and to spread the wonderful teachings to those that would listen. I think we've lost an irreplaceable member of the Sangha and his loss will be felt for years to come. I am saddened that such an intelligent human being left us the way he did. May his journey be enlightening and his punna for the world touch us all.
Digity

Post by Digity »

Sad news

gingercatni

Bhikkhu Samahita

Post by gingercatni »

As most of you will now know the Venerable Bhikkhu Samahita is no longer with us. I only found this out this week and he has been on my mind ever since. We will never know the circumstances of the Venerables death, but his passing seems such a missed opportunity to reach out and help a member of the Sangha.

If there are active members of the Sangha on this forum, should you have any concerns about your mental health, please, please reach out to us, as solitary as you may feel wearing the robes and observing the precepts, we are here for you, always.

I'm sorry if my comments hurt or offend but I really wanted to reach out to whomever my words may matter.

Thanks Scott
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

Hi all

Email received today from Bhante's son Thor, I hope someone is able to help him.

Please reach out to him on the email address provided if you can:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all.

Thank you for all your emails, it has truly warmed my heart to know how much my father reached people across the globe with his buddhist teachings.
I have tried to respond to all of them from my father's email but it seems that the subsystem sending the emails is failing, so if you are missing a response that is probably why.
Any further inquiries etc. may be made to [email protected].

Additionally, I am looking for someone with the knowledge to get What buddha said website back up. There are some funds in the paypal that I would be willing to use for this but it would mostly cover server costs, of course you would be given the passwords etc and what other data I have so you can get it back up.

Best regards, Thor.
Stop thinking and start living!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Bunks wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 pm Hi all
Email received today from Bhante's son Thor, I hope someone is able to help him.
Please reach out to him on the email address provided if you can:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all.
Thank you for all your emails, it has truly warmed my heart to know how much my father reached people across the globe with his buddhist teachings.
I have tried to respond to all of them from my father's email but it seems that the subsystem sending the emails is failing, so if you are missing a response that is probably why.
Any further inquiries etc. may be made to [email protected].
Additionally, I am looking for someone with the knowledge to get What buddha said website back up. There are some funds in the paypal that I would be willing to use for this but it would mostly cover server costs, of course you would be given the passwords etc and what other data I have so you can get it back up.
Best regards, Thor.
See this post from Khalil Bodhi:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35574&p=536024#p533634

Perhaps you or Thor could reach out to him, as it appears he may have access to the web hosting company and files?