Happy Vesākha Pūjā - 2563 (2020)

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Lucas Oliveira

Happy Vesākha Pūjā - 2563 (2020)

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Happy Vesākha Pūjā
Today is Visakha Puja. It is the day that we commemorate the birth, enlightenment and passing away of the Buddha. Although these three events took place a long time ago it is now as important as ever to recognise their significance . The appearance of a Buddha in the world is a proof and an affirmation of the potential of human beings to realise the highest spiritual goal through their own efforts, without the need for support or guidance from any unseen beings. As Buddhists we believe that anyone, man or woman, who follows in the footsteps of the Buddha, can eliminate all defilements and the suffering which they cause.

We pay true homage to the Buddha by putting forth sincere effort to cultivate our actions, speech and mind so as to realise the true nature of things, for the long-lasting welfare and happiness of ourself and all fellow beings.

Ajahn Jayasaro
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26558&p=381954&hilit=vesak#p381867

May we have an Excellent Day!

and that our study and practice of the Buddha's Teachings will improve more and more

Metta

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
UpasakaAbhaya

Re: Happy Vesākha Pūjā - 2563 (2020)

Post by UpasakaAbhaya »

Dear Lucas and all,

Wishing everyone a very happy Vesakha Puja/Buddha Purnima!

Metta and peace,
Bowing and thanks,
Upasaka Abhaya
Attachments
1588703251836_chroma3.jpg
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Here, in the UK, I think it is tomorrow, 7th May.
Ajahn Amaro will give a talk tomorrow.

I will be fasting to try and lose some weight. If you're on lock-down, it is a great opportunity to do more practice.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm »

Hello there,

Would a kind person (lay-person) post a link to the above talk by Ajan Amaro at the U.N. when it becomes available.

(It is forbidden for monks to pass on messages and that sort of thing, so that's why I request a lay person does it) :-)

:anjali: