Chanmyay Yeiktha email? ..... Switching centers in Burma?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
powerofconstancy

Chanmyay Yeiktha email? ..... Switching centers in Burma?

Post by powerofconstancy »

I was wondering if anyone has the email address for the Chanmyay Yeiktha in Yangon, Burma? I called them on the phone about getting a sponsorship letter and they said I should email them my request; however, the phone reception was so bad I couldn't hear the address given, and the one on the website ([email protected]) does not seem to function.

I'd be most grateful for your help!

Oh, and while I'm at it, if I went there for three months of retreat, does anyone know how easy it is to switch to another center afterward?
Goofaholix

Re: Chanmyay Yeiktha email? ..... Switching centers in Bu

Post by Goofaholix »

[email protected] is what it is on their web site
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

powerofconstancy wrote:

Oh, and while I'm at it, if I went there for three months of retreat, does anyone know how easy it is to switch to another center afterward?
meditaton visas for Myanmar are of a 3 month duration with a sponsorship letter so if you wish to stay longer you will need an extension at a cost of $90 for one year.
monastaries usually arrange this for students wishing to extend their stay but since they are taking official responsibility for your location and behaviour i dont know if they would do this if you plan leaving aftr the initial 3 month period to go to another cenntre.
perhaps you can extend it yourself in Burma or you could go to thailand to do so
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
waterchan

Post by waterchan »

Goofaholix wrote:[email protected]
Be prepared for the possibility that you may not receive a reply from this address. "mptmail" was widely used in Burma during the early days when free email providers like Gmail and Yahoo were actively blocked in the country. Things have changed, and these days, just about everyone who uses the internet in Burma has a Gmail account. Even if mptmail is still online and people still check their mptmail inboxes, their mail servers seem rather unreliable - I recall that several mails I sent to mptmail addresses were never received by the recipient.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)