Vaccination and ordination

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Ceisiwr

Re: Vaccination and ordination

Post by Ceisiwr »

To quote Ven. Moggaliputtatissa in the Abhidhamma:
Attachments
EE2ABCA0-0CFC-484C-B2D1-8769BA3640EE.jpeg
262B1E5B-0039-4A2B-A740-FDA0FE27F05D.jpeg
“His deliverance, being founded upon truth, is unshakeable. For that is false, bhikkhu, which has a deceptive nature, and that is true which has an undeceptive nature—Nibbāna. Therefore a bhikkhu possessing this truth possesses the supreme foundation of truth. For this, bhikkhu, is the supreme noble truth, namely, Nibbāna, which has an undeceptive nature.

Dhātuvibhaṅga Sutta
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 am To quote Ven. Moggaliputtatissa in the Abhidhamma:
By "Abhidhamma", I assume you mean the commentaries, as developed centuries after the Buddha.

Such is the problem of placing one school's views over those of the Buddha... the inevitable result is attachment to the partisan.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

thepea wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:07 pm I have been reading about these new vaccinations and how they will contain animal rna, and may bond with your genetic sequence effectively genetically modifying you in some animal human hybrid technically.
I believe one question for ordination is are you human?
Can this effect ones ability to ordain?

Are you joking?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 am Greetings,
Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 am To quote Ven. Moggaliputtatissa in the Abhidhamma:
By "Abhidhamma", I assume you mean the commentaries, as developed centuries after the Buddha.

Such is the problem of placing one school's views over those of the Buddha... the inevitable result is attachment to the partisan.

Metta,
By Abhidhamma I mean the Kathāvatthu.
“His deliverance, being founded upon truth, is unshakeable. For that is false, bhikkhu, which has a deceptive nature, and that is true which has an undeceptive nature—Nibbāna. Therefore a bhikkhu possessing this truth possesses the supreme foundation of truth. For this, bhikkhu, is the supreme noble truth, namely, Nibbāna, which has an undeceptive nature.

Dhātuvibhaṅga Sutta
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

The Suttas, the Abhidhamma and the Aṭṭhakathā are all in perfect harmony. In other words, Theravāda is in perfect harmony with the Dhamma. Outside Theravāda there is, as far as my studies and observations can see, nothing but heresy and confusion.

Like a great banyan tree,
the Theravāda is supreme,
The Dispensation of the Conqueror,
complete, without lack or excess.
The other sects arose
like thorns on the tree.
— Dīpavaṃsa, 4.90–91

Dhātuvibhaṅga Sutta
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 am The Suttas, the Abhidhamma and the Aṭṭhakathā are all in perfect harmony.
You're welcome to keep telling yourself that and plastering over the cracks (hopefully you won't do that as long for Theravada scholasticism as you did for Marxism) but we're probably getting a long way from topic, given that this side-bar conversation related to what constitutes "human".

DNS has kindly bumped an old Layman arahant topic if you wish to pursue that any further.

:focus: :thumbsup:

Metta,
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)
Chanh Dao

Post by Chanh Dao »

thepea wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:07 pm I have been reading about these new vaccinations and how they will contain animal rna, and may bond with your genetic sequence effectively genetically modifying you in some animal human hybrid technically.
Human Hybrid or not. It begins with Sila.

Not focusing on *becoming a monk*

Do good deeds, practice non-attachment.

Recognize the validity and relevance of the 4 noble truths in your life and practically apply the 8 fold path if you wish to be a Buddhist.

One does not need to worry about whether or not they have become a reptile-human hybrid if there intention is to follow the teachings of the Buddha.

I myself am a Buddhist Monk.

Ordained in the Thai Forrest tradition by Senior monastic in good standing.

I instruct you as such.

Once you have cultivated sufficient Sila. Begin to practice Samatha Meditation as taught by the Buddha.

Awareness of breathing Meditation.

How will you know when you've cultivated Sila effectively and sufficiently? Your Meditation will begin to progress naturally and first and foremost you'll really be able to meditate.

Anyway. After cultivating Sila and beginning to practice Meditation I instruct you as Buddhist Priest to practice Meditation 1 hour upon waking.
1 upon the noon time sun.
And finally 1 hour at your time of resting.

After you have done this for 1 year straight please reach out to me and I will examine your understanding.

At that time if your understanding is sufficient I am willing to invite you to my monastary in Myanmar and introduce you to my Master.

At this time we may inspect and discuss the nature of your *Humanness*

If you are found to be a hybrid we can ordain you as a Samanera and if you are found to be human we can support you to begin the training to become a Bhikkhu.

Alright.

So that's my answer to your question.

Of course and first foremost do as you like. I'm not in charge of you.

But what I will say is that the Buddha is not concerned whether or not you are a human animal hybrid.

The Buddha's concern is the cessation of suffering and the expression of total equanimitous Compassion.

Do good deeds. Live a simple life.

Be happy 🙂

~All my love~

-Your friendly neighborhood Monk.🙂🌨️☀️🍀
thepea

Post by thepea »

Chanh Dao wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am
Human Hybrid or not. It begins with Sila.

Not focusing on *becoming a monk*

Do good deeds, practice non-attachment.

Recognize the validity and relevance of the 4 noble truths in your life and practically apply the 8 fold path if you wish to be a Buddhist.

One does not need to worry about whether or not they have become a reptile-human hybrid if there intention is to follow the teachings of the Buddha.

I myself am a Buddhist Monk.

Ordained in the Thai Forrest tradition by Senior monastic in good standing.

I instruct you as such.

Once you have cultivated sufficient Sila. Begin to practice Samatha Meditation as taught by the Buddha.

Awareness of breathing Meditation.

How will you know when you've cultivated Sila effectively and sufficiently? Your Meditation will begin to progress naturally and first and foremost you'll really be able to meditate.

Anyway. After cultivating Sila and beginning to practice Meditation I instruct you as Buddhist Priest to practice Meditation 1 hour upon waking.
1 upon the noon time sun.
And finally 1 hour at your time of resting.

After you have done this for 1 year straight please reach out to me and I will examine your understanding.

At that time if your understanding is sufficient I am willing to invite you to my monastary in Myanmar and introduce you to my Master.

At this time we may inspect and discuss the nature of your *Humanness*

If you are found to be a hybrid we can ordain you as a Samanera and if you are found to be human we can support you to begin the training to become a Bhikkhu.

Alright.

So that's my answer to your question.

Of course and first foremost do as you like. I'm not in charge of you.

But what I will say is that the Buddha is not concerned whether or not you are a human animal hybrid.

The Buddha's concern is the cessation of suffering and the expression of total equanimitous Compassion.

Do good deeds. Live a simple life.

Be happy 🙂

~All my love~

-Your friendly neighborhood Monk.🙂🌨️☀️🍀
Why does the buddha ask the question, are you human?
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

u r human still
dont think
thepea

Post by thepea »

confusedlayman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:14 am u r human still
Sorry, I don’t understand your statement.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

No, vaccines don't turn you into an animal. :sage:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

thepea wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:48 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:14 am u r human still
Sorry, I don’t understand your statement.
U born in human realm with human structure
dont think
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

thepea wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 am Why does the buddha ask the question, are you human?
To make sure one is not a naga. According to the Buddhist stories (legends), nagas are large serpent like beings who can magically appear as humans. At one time, a naga made himself appear as a human and tried to ordain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm
thepea wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 am Why does the buddha ask the question, are you human?
To make sure one is not a naga. According to the Buddhist stories (legends), nagas are large serpent like beings who can magically appear as humans. At one time, a naga made himself appear as a human and tried to ordain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga
That’s interesting, the report I was reading said that this new vaccine would wrap itself around the rna like a serpent. In essence changing it to a genetically modified version of a human. Apparently under law we will technically not be human anymore and this new genetically modified human can be patented and owned.
Perhaps buddha is giving a glimpse of future.
thepea

Post by thepea »

dharmacorps wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:16 pm No, vaccines don't turn you into an animal. :sage:
Past vaccines didn’t do this but these new vaccines will bond animal rna onto your human, and technically you will be a new genetically modified species. Like a Monsanto seed, you could be patented and owned technically.