Monasteries around Ubon Ratchathani???

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
rhinoceroshorn

Monasteries around Ubon Ratchathani???

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

Excluding Wat Pah Nanachat and Wat Nong Pah Phong. Does anyone know any?
I stood 9 days at Pah Nanachat but I didn't find it appropriate for me. I just left Pah Phong. They are not accepting people there due to covid-19. :cry:

If someone can help me I'll appreciate it. I'm right now in front of Pah Phong.

Eyes downcast, not footloose,
senses guarded, with protected mind,
not oozing — not burning — with lust,
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Sutta Nipāta 1.3 - Khaggavisana Sutta
See, Ānanda! All those conditioned phenomena have passed, ceased, and perished. So impermanent are conditions, so unstable are conditions, so unreliable are conditions. This is quite enough for you to become disillusioned, dispassionate, and freed regarding all conditions.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
DooDoot

Re: Monasteries around Ubon Ratchathani???

Post by DooDoot »

Generally, people are welcome to visit Wat Pah Nanachat again, as Ubon Rachathani Province is still considered low risk area. The monastery gate is open in the morning around the meal time, between 6:30 and 10:00 am. We ask everyone to have their temperature scanned, register their name and phone number, wear a face mask, frequently wash or sanitize their hands, and observe physical distancing especially in the main sala and kitchen. The amount of ceremonies has been reduced and they do not involve any chanting for the visiting lay community.

Since January 4th, 2021, according to the present gouvernment regulations in Thailand, some provinces are classified as highest risk zones (labelled as "red" provinces - about 28 including Bangkok) for which all kinds of travel limitations and quarantine requirements apply. Wat Pah Nanachat therefore can only allow visitors to enter the monastery who have stayed over 14 days without signs of Covid 19 in lesser risk zones (orange, yellow and green provinces), and unfortunately have to turn away visitors from red zones at the gate. We ask for your kind understanding.

https://www.watpahnanachat.org/news
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
See, Ānanda! All those conditioned phenomena have passed, ceased, and perished. So impermanent are conditions, so unstable are conditions, so unreliable are conditions. This is quite enough for you to become disillusioned, dispassionate, and freed regarding all conditions.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:46 am
Generally, people are welcome to visit Wat Pah Nanachat again, as Ubon Rachathani Province is still considered low risk area. The monastery gate is open in the morning around the meal time, between 6:30 and 10:00 am. We ask everyone to have their temperature scanned, register their name and phone number, wear a face mask, frequently wash or sanitize their hands, and observe physical distancing especially in the main sala and kitchen. The amount of ceremonies has been reduced and they do not involve any chanting for the visiting lay community.

Since January 4th, 2021, according to the present gouvernment regulations in Thailand, some provinces are classified as highest risk zones (labelled as "red" provinces - about 28 including Bangkok) for which all kinds of travel limitations and quarantine requirements apply. Wat Pah Nanachat therefore can only allow visitors to enter the monastery who have stayed over 14 days without signs of Covid 19 in lesser risk zones (orange, yellow and green provinces), and unfortunately have to turn away visitors from red zones at the gate. We ask for your kind understanding.

https://www.watpahnanachat.org/news
I was there hours ago since February 8th. They accepted me there but I don't want to stay there anymore.
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Wat Boon Lorm, with Ajahn Bomb. He's a very well respected Ajahn, speaks perfect English and about 30 kid novices. Just a taxi ride away from the city. He's associated with Wat Pa Pong.

Wat Pa Bun Lom
+66 91 016 6306
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kyZGTqETgFaYsjNt9
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 am Wat Boon Lorm, with Ajahn Bomb. He's a very well respected Ajahn, speaks perfect English and about 30 kid novices. Just a taxi ride away from the city. He's associated with Wat Pa Pong.

Wat Pa Bun Lom
+66 91 016 6306
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kyZGTqETgFaYsjNt9
Thank you!!!!!
I'll be there soon. I hope they accept me. :tongue:
Last edited by rhinoceroshorn on Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Why didn't you like Nanachat? To be honest, that's monastery life. Dealing with things you don't like, surrendering your preferences, submitting to the training and routine and people there, and staying.
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 am
Thank you!!!!!
Don't fool around with Ajahn Bomb. Be totally honest with him or his monks about why you left.

(By the way his name is just pronounced Bomb. I think it's Bom or something. He's not actually called Bomb.)
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 am Thank you!!!!!
What, You're just going to go and turn up? Maybe that's not such a good idea. Go into the city, have a night in a cheap hotel, go visit tomorrow and ask politely.
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

I prefer not to talk about Pah Nanachat. I'm grateful for the guest monk and the abbot for all their kindness in accepting and trusting me so much. They literally did all they could for me. It just didn't work. Such is life.
All I'll say is that I was not happy there. :)
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:37 am
rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 am Thank you!!!!!
What, You're just going to go and turn up? Maybe that's not such a good idea. Go into the city, have a night in a cheap hotel, go visit tomorrow and ask politely.
I'll think about it. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
Do they have a site or some communication means?
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:58 am All I'll say is that I was not happy there. :)
I imagine lots of bowing; lots of submission; lots of rules.

If you are desperate, you can probably stay at Ajahn Buddhadasa's old monastery; where you are probably basically left on your own; however it is like living in a village; thus potential occasional distractions, such as sexy backpackers. At least the weather is much nicer down in Surat Thani.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 am
rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:58 am All I'll say is that I was not happy there. :)
I imagine lots of bowing; lots of submission; lots of rules.

If you are desperate, you can probably stay at Ajahn Buddhadasa's old monastery; where you are probably basically left on your own; however it is like living in a village; thus potential occasional distractions, such as sexy backpackers. At least the weather is much nicer down in Surat Thani.
I'll try that one if they don't accept me here in Pah Bun Lom, let's see. What is the name of Ajahn Buddhadasa's old monastery? I would love being left on my own. Do they ordain monks there?

Thx.

I'm already here. I'll give news later.
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

rhinoceroshorn wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:47 am Do they ordain monks there?
No. They send any ordinations to Wat Pa Nanchat. :lol:
BECOMING A MONK AT SUAN MOKKH
Is it possible to become a novice or to ordain as a Buddhist monk at Wat Suan Mokkh?

It is not possible for foreigners to become a novice or to ordain as a Buddhist monk at Wat Suan Mokkh.
If you are looking for a possibility to become a novice or may be a monk later on please contact Wat Pah Nanachat in the northeast of Thailand:

Wat Pah Nanachat
Bahn Bung Wai
Amper Warin Chamrap
Ubon Rachathani 34310
THAILAND
https://www.watpahnanachat.org

https://www.suanmokkh-idh.org/idh-contact.html
Since you have obviously travelled from Brazil to Thailand, I suggest you relax, slow down, drop the ambition and make a natural transition; so your time in Thailand is well spent.

You can go to Suan Mokkh or somewhere else and do a meditation retreat. No need to jump into to deep water.

Please enjoy Thailand, avoid the bad things and soak in the real Buddhist culture of the people & monasticism and their relationship.

:namaste:

rhinoceroshorn

Post by rhinoceroshorn »

They allowed me to stay here in Bun Lom.
Thanks a lot, James!!!! :anjali:
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.
Dīgha Nikāya 17