Ordination in 2022 in Cambodia or Thailand?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
simhamukha

Ordination in 2022 in Cambodia or Thailand?

Post by simhamukha »

I know this is probably asked a lot, but looking particularly for places with a solid Pali learning curriculum while having a decent meditation curriculum/instruction/support?

Prefer Cambodia tbh but with COVID-19 I'll take wherever I can get to. Thank you!
Dilantha

Re: Ordination in 2022 in Cambodia or Thailand?

Post by Dilantha »

simhamukha wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 pm I know this is probably asked a lot, but looking particularly for places with a solid Pali learning curriculum while having a decent meditation curriculum/instruction/support?

Prefer Cambodia tbh but with COVID-19 I'll take wherever I can get to. Thank you!

If you would interested in sri lanka then check Na Uyana sri lanka

and this new place (which is affiliated to na uyana) https://www.kshemabhoomi.com/
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

Thailand is a wonderful country. There are many peaceful places to meditate there. I don't know about Cambodia
User019336

Post by User019336 »

Imho meditation is better learned before you ordain lest you have a teacher in mind.

Studying Pali as a "university monk" is more of an option in Thailand lest one knows people in Cambodia who will teach.

In general i think Cambodia is a better place to ordain if you plan on being a meditation monk keeping to yourself because the visa and political aspects of living there are less of a concern.
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

User019336 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:40 am Imho meditation is better learned before you ordain lest you have a teacher in mind.

Studying Pali as a "university monk" is more of an option in Thailand lest one knows people in Cambodia who will teach.

In general i think Cambodia is a better place to ordain if you plan on being a meditation monk keeping to yourself because the visa and political aspects of living there are less of a concern.

Yes, but the conditions in Thailand may be better as it is more of an affluent country than Cambodia. What it comes down to really is did you live in either Thailand or Cambodia in a recent past life (even as a monk). So which one will you get into this life.
boi_83

Post by boi_83 »

Hi,

May I know if there are any contacts for Cambodian Temples for ordination
Johann

Post by Johann »

boi_83 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:18 am Hi,

May I know if there are any contacts for Cambodian Temples for ordination
Coming in contact is a matter of Upanissayapaccaya, good householder. There are many, many temples, yet what does one seek for?
tranzenic

Post by tranzenic »

User019336 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:40 am In general i think Cambodia is a better place to ordain if you plan on being a meditation monk keeping to yourself because the visa and political aspects of living there are less of a concern.
That is what I plan on doing... being a meditation monk keeping to myself. You have names for any particular temples in Cambodia? First I would like to ordain and get a good foundation but eventually I plan to meditate and keep to myself.
Johann

Post by Johann »

tranzenic wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:50 am
User019336 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:40 am In general i think Cambodia is a better place to ordain if you plan on being a meditation monk keeping to yourself because the visa and political aspects of living there are less of a concern.
That is what I plan on doing... being a meditation monk keeping to myself. You have names for any particular temples in Cambodia? First I would like to ordain and get a good foundation but eventually I plan to meditate and keep to myself.
There are no booking ways for now, here in the land of wonders, and once such arises just same, same, good householder.
Leaving home, going forth means to go into unknown. Only if such, fear of the dangers in the world (homes), arises one wouldn't need to worry as the Devas would open up closed doors.