Booster dose

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
User avatar
Pondera
Posts: 2338
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by Pondera »

mikenz66 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:18 am
asahi wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 am Thanks mike for sharing . My buddhist friend was almost not able to walk after second jab . Now he refused to take further booster dose . But the interval between second jab and now is only 3 over months . Another friend father passed away after the first jab , he was an athelete .
My friend in Taiwan said yesterday there were 88 persons was admitted to hospital after mix jabs .
As for myself i had my second jab on Aug , after second jab , my systolic blood pressure drop to around 80-90 for about over two months , i was feeling dizziness for over two months , only manage to recover after three months after getting treatment from doctor .
Sorry to hear that. Obviously, it would be foolish to claim that there are no risks to vaccines. I think that if people have concerns, especially if they have existing conditions, they should seek advice from reliable professionals.

Personally, I was quite tired after the shots, especially the second. Due to various travel to Asia and South America, I've had most of the reasonably common vaccines over the past 20 years, so I was not particularly worried, but the effect was worse than I have had from other vaccines (flu vaccines sometimes make me light-headed for a few hours). However, it's just a matter of time before I'm exposed to the delta variant of covid, so I'd rather face that with some antibodies...

:heart:
Mike
Your fatigue was likely due to your immune response and not to the (I’m assuming) mRNA injected into your arm.

For those who don’t know:

mRNA is a tiny bit of organic molecule which is replicated from the DNA of the body. Generally these little pieces of information move out from the DNA after replication where they combine with ribosomes which then use that information to assemble stacks of amino acids which spontaneously assemble to form proteins. All life depends on this process.

Forgive me if I’m mistaken - but COVID-19 virus does not contain DNA. It only has mRNA.

One of those mRNA strands encodes the spike protein which allows the virus to infiltrate healthy human cells. The VACCINE replicates this bit of mRNA for the body to recognize as “foreign”. Obviously the producers of this vaccine left out the coding sequence that initiates mRNA processing (that sequence is a three letter amino acid sequence “AUG” - if that sequence is missing the mRNA will not get synthesized).

So when you get a shot of Pfizer or Moderna you’re not getting a dose of the spike protein. Your getting a dose of the stuff that encodes the information for the spike protein. To the rest of the body it’s innocuous. It doesn’t present a threat. But to the immune system, it’s foreign - which drives the production of antibodies - which is what gives you “immunity” to the virus while also putting your body in “defence mode” (hence the fevers, the aches, etc.)

What they don’t usually tell you is that since these vaccines were produced the Delta virus spike protein (and it’s mRNA) has mutated and become better at infecting cells. There is currently (AFAIK) no vaccine that addresses the mutated spike cell protein. HOWEVER certain “studies” have shown that you’re less likely to die if you get COVID-19 virus and you’ve been “immunized”. Of course, that’s not entirely true. By taking the jab you immunize your self against what scientists were dealing with at the onset of the outbreak.

None the less. It’s the best course of action and side effects are minimal and not caused by the mRNA itself but rather the severity of your immune response. Some people are dying from the jab because their bodies “freak out”.

Additionally, the scientific community wants you to have active antibodies during this pandemic. But the production of antibodies wears off after six months. That doesn’t mean you’re not protected after six months. The immune system has a “memory”. Not necessarily for the Delta variant - but - whatever. That’s the best we’ve got.

So that’s why these political and medical bodies are recommending a booster shot. And I’m sure work is being done on getting an mRNA vaccine out for the current Delta variant spike protein (which as I mentioned is better at infiltration into healthy human cells).

Keep in mind that the more antivaccers there are, the greater is the risk that the virus will mutate into something that our current vaccines will have zero efficacy against. It is anti - vaccers driving the continuation of this pandemic and it is those same anti-vaccers providing the substrate for the virus to get even more lethal.

Recall that at the beginning of this out break we were only concerned about our elderly. Youngsters complained of nothing but a headache and a short lived cough.

Then the virus spread through Brazil where it mutated. And India where it mutated across those huge, cramped populations. It’s nobody’s fault at this time that the virus mutated into a more lethal version. But now that we have ways of protecting ourselves against it, it is an absolute moronic shame that people aren’t getting a jab of innocuous mRNA into their bodies for lack of understanding.

🧐 - Pondera. B.Sc. in Math and Life Sciences 2010. (I’ll be accepting any and all invites to speak at your local libraries and pubs).
Spiny Norman
Posts: 8909
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Andromeda looks nice

Re: Booster dose

Post by Spiny Norman »

Pondera wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:00 am
mikenz66 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:18 am
asahi wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 am Thanks mike for sharing . My buddhist friend was almost not able to walk after second jab . Now he refused to take further booster dose . But the interval between second jab and now is only 3 over months . Another friend father passed away after the first jab , he was an athelete .
My friend in Taiwan said yesterday there were 88 persons was admitted to hospital after mix jabs .
As for myself i had my second jab on Aug , after second jab , my systolic blood pressure drop to around 80-90 for about over two months , i was feeling dizziness for over two months , only manage to recover after three months after getting treatment from doctor .
Sorry to hear that. Obviously, it would be foolish to claim that there are no risks to vaccines. I think that if people have concerns, especially if they have existing conditions, they should seek advice from reliable professionals.

Personally, I was quite tired after the shots, especially the second. Due to various travel to Asia and South America, I've had most of the reasonably common vaccines over the past 20 years, so I was not particularly worried, but the effect was worse than I have had from other vaccines (flu vaccines sometimes make me light-headed for a few hours). However, it's just a matter of time before I'm exposed to the delta variant of covid, so I'd rather face that with some antibodies...

:heart:
Mike
Your fatigue was likely due to your immune response and not to the (I’m assuming) mRNA injected into your arm.

For those who don’t know:

mRNA is a tiny bit of organic molecule which is replicated from the DNA of the body. Generally these little pieces of information move out from the DNA after replication where they combine with ribosomes which then use that information to assemble stacks of amino acids which spontaneously assemble to form proteins. All life depends on this process.

Forgive me if I’m mistaken - but COVID-19 virus does not contain DNA. It only has mRNA.

One of those mRNA strands encodes the spike protein which allows the virus to infiltrate healthy human cells. The VACCINE replicates this bit of mRNA for the body to recognize as “foreign”. Obviously the producers of this vaccine left out the coding sequence that initiates mRNA processing (that sequence is a three letter amino acid sequence “AUG” - if that sequence is missing the mRNA will not get synthesized).

So when you get a shot of Pfizer or Moderna you’re not getting a dose of the spike protein. Your getting a dose of the stuff that encodes the information for the spike protein. To the rest of the body it’s innocuous. It doesn’t present a threat. But to the immune system, it’s foreign - which drives the production of antibodies - which is what gives you “immunity” to the virus while also putting your body in “defence mode” (hence the fevers, the aches, etc.)

What they don’t usually tell you is that since these vaccines were produced the Delta virus spike protein (and it’s mRNA) has mutated and become better at infecting cells. There is currently (AFAIK) no vaccine that addresses the mutated spike cell protein. HOWEVER certain “studies” have shown that you’re less likely to die if you get COVID-19 virus and you’ve been “immunized”. Of course, that’s not entirely true. By taking the jab you immunize your self against what scientists were dealing with at the onset of the outbreak.

None the less. It’s the best course of action and side effects are minimal and not caused by the mRNA itself but rather the severity of your immune response. Some people are dying from the jab because their bodies “freak out”.

Additionally, the scientific community wants you to have active antibodies during this pandemic. But the production of antibodies wears off after six months. That doesn’t mean you’re not protected after six months. The immune system has a “memory”. Not necessarily for the Delta variant - but - whatever. That’s the best we’ve got.

So that’s why these political and medical bodies are recommending a booster shot. And I’m sure work is being done on getting an mRNA vaccine out for the current Delta variant spike protein (which as I mentioned is better at infiltration into healthy human cells).

Keep in mind that the more antivaccers there are, the greater is the risk that the virus will mutate into something that our current vaccines will have zero efficacy against. It is anti - vaccers driving the continuation of this pandemic and it is those same anti-vaccers providing the substrate for the virus to get even more lethal.

Recall that at the beginning of this out break we were only concerned about our elderly. Youngsters complained of nothing but a headache and a short lived cough.

Then the virus spread through Brazil where it mutated. And India where it mutated across those huge, cramped populations. It’s nobody’s fault at this time that the virus mutated into a more lethal version. But now that we have ways of protecting ourselves against it, it is an absolute moronic shame that people aren’t getting a jab of innocuous mRNA into their bodies for lack of understanding.

🧐 - Pondera. B.Sc. in Math and Life Sciences 2010. (I’ll be accepting any and all invites to speak at your local libraries and pubs).
:goodpost:

Good point about the risk of virus mutations. In the UK we've still got high rates of Covid infection - though presumably these should start to reduce as we approach herd immunity?

Anyway, I've booked my booster jab.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
denise
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:56 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Booster dose

Post by denise »

hello all.....just took whatever they had for a second shot....am now sporting 2 brands...feeling adventurous :woohoo:
User avatar
cappuccino
Posts: 7352
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:45 am
Contact:

Re: Booster dose

Post by cappuccino »

asahi wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:28 am My wife cousin yesterday passed away after taken Pfizer 2nd jab. So, no one knows what will happen.
:goodpost:
auto
Posts: 2892
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by auto »

Pondera wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:00 am Keep in mind that the more antivaccers there are, the greater is the risk that the virus will mutate into something that our current vaccines will have zero efficacy against. It is anti - vaccers driving the continuation of this pandemic and it is those same anti-vaccers providing the substrate for the virus to get even more lethal.
Why you assume virus is a bad thing, maybe it is good thing killing defiled, corrupted hosts and their organs.
People also pretend to care about other people. Once they had vaccinated themselves then they also quit their distance, masks and washing hands and products.
auto
Posts: 2892
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by auto »

asahi wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:28 am My wife cousin yesterday passed away after taken Pfizer 2nd jab . So , no one knows what will happens .
its a gamble just like going to a surgery.
User avatar
zerotime
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by zerotime »

Dhamma helps to identify a good healer and a good medicine.

In example, there is the Vejjavatapada, a good compilation from the sources:

- I will use my skill to restore the health of all beings with sympathy, compassion and heedfulness.
- I will be able to prepare medicines well.
- I know what medicine is suitable and what is not. I will not give the unsuitable, only the suitable.
- I minister to the sick with a mind of love, not out of desire for gain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vejjavatapada

investigate the enough existence of these conditions in givers of any remedy. Concerns about kamma and compassion will be dependent from that.

No need of biology or whatever. Dhamma is the best help to discern the right choosing.

:namaste:
User avatar
cappuccino
Posts: 7352
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:45 am
Contact:

Re: Booster dose

Post by cappuccino »

zerotime wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm - I know what medicine is suitable and what is not. I will not give the unsuitable, only the suitable.
I felt this vaccine is unsuitable
thepea
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by thepea »

Spiny Norman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:57 am
asahi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:52 am Anyone has any info or opinion for vaccine booster dose ?
Now if booster dose also dont prevents or stops covid19 , what is the significant of taking additional jab ?
Booster jabs have been strongly recommended by the Chief Medical Officer here in England, and I will be following that advice.
Unfortunately we still have nearly 5 million people in the UK who have refused the vaccine, some of whom are now clogging up badly needed hospital beds.
Clogging up hospital beds???
If they are in use they are in use.... no???
Clogged up..... badly needed???
Sounds like you don’t think the unvaccinated deserve a hospital bed??
User avatar
Coëmgenu
Posts: 5745
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: Whitby, Canada

Re: Booster dose

Post by Coëmgenu »

The same reaction we can find from fatness enthusiasts who insist that it is wicked to point out that obesity clogs up hospital beds. Food for thought. My own mother has/had an eating disorder, the fat kind not the skinny kind, that at one point caused her to balloon to 300+ lbs. She's since lost a lot of that weight, but was (and still is tbh) at risk for many unnecessary health complications.
Not the one and not another,
unending and impermanent --
of the many Buddhas' transformative teachings,
this is that sweet nectar's taste.

For if a Buddha is not born in the world,
or if the Buddhadharma is completely extinct,
all of the wisdom of the Pratyekabuddhas
would separately arise (from it).

(MMK XVIII.11-12 Madhyamakaśāstra T 1564.23c16)
thepea
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by thepea »

Coëmgenu wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:18 am The same reaction we can find from fatness enthusiasts who insist that it is wicked to point out that obesity clogs up hospital beds. Food for thought. My own mother has/had an eating disorder, the fat kind not the skinny kind, that at one point caused her to balloon to 300+ lbs. She's since lost a lot of that weight, but was (and still is tbh) at risk for many unnecessary health complications.
The body is the temple whether it’s fat, skinny, crippled, sick, attractive, ugly..... every body is why I thought we had hospitals. To ease and assist in the effects of kamma.
If a fat body is in need of a bed or an unvaccinated body then this is why they were created.
If a fit vaccinated body dies due to lack of bed space then this is simply what happened. If an unvaccinated body is denied care then this is segregation and against buddhas teachings IMO.
thepea
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by thepea »

Can we discuss the boosters and how 19 months ago I was reading this entire Covid plan in detail in lockstep instructions from Rockefeller handbook. This laid out the border closures, coming vaccine mandates, boosters, social credit scores, tracking, and eventual chip implant?
I was called conspiracy theorist but now it’s all coming into reality.
Does Buddha not ask us to see the truth as it is?
Now a family member of mine is dead at 42 from second dose of vaccine and I still don’t know a single body with Covid. The vaccine deaths were predicted in my earlier readings...... but nobody cares to discuss or allow healthy open discussion regarding this.
thepea
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by thepea »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:55 am
zerotime wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm - I know what medicine is suitable and what is not. I will not give the unsuitable, only the suitable.
I felt this vaccine is unsuitable
It’s not out of test trials yet, you are correct it is unsuitable at the moment.
User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 25121
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Booster dose

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 am Can we discuss the boosters and how 19 months ago I was reading this entire Covid plan in detail in lockstep instructions from Rockefeller handbook. This laid out the border closures, coming vaccine mandates, boosters, social credit scores, tracking, and eventual chip implant?
At Dharma Wheel Engaged, go for it. The only reason discussion is allowed at Dhamma Wheel (Theravada) in this limited capacity is because this forum has this "Wellbeing, Diet & Fitness" section... were it not for that, we wouldn't have coronavirus discussions at all.
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 am I was called conspiracy theorist but now it’s all coming into reality.
Does Buddha not ask us to see the truth as it is?
Which includes not being in denial about the truth - whether that be the potential risks, benefits and alternatives. I don't see a lot of people willing to do that though... most appear partisan and happy to selectively filter evidence to push a view.
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 amNow a family member of mine is dead at 42 from second dose of vaccine and I still don’t know a single body with Covid.
A good mate of mine has got it, and he's since spread it to his older sister, younger sister, mum, dad, and probably gran. He's feeling incredibly guilty about that and has said he'll never forgive himself if one of his relatives succumbs to it.

In relation to how to regard the situation, I'm inclined to think the best way is in alignment with the brahma-viharas....

- Unrestricted karuna (compassion) for anyone adversely impacted by coronavirus, the vaccines, or the mandates.
- Unrestricted metta (kindness) for anyone suffering as a result of the pandemic, which in one way or another, is virtually everyone.
- Unrestricted mudita (sympathetic joy) for anyone who has recovered from coronavirus, avoided it, not experience adverse reactions to a vaccine, or has otherwise done alright throughout the pandemic.
- Unrestricted upekkha (equanimity), looking at and understanding the situation, without bias, spite, pettiness or emotional outbursts.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"Why now do you assume 'a being'? Mara, have you grasped a view?" (SN 5.10)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)
thepea
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Booster dose

Post by thepea »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:22 am Greetings,
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 am Can we discuss the boosters and how 19 months ago I was reading this entire Covid plan in detail in lockstep instructions from Rockefeller handbook. This laid out the border closures, coming vaccine mandates, boosters, social credit scores, tracking, and eventual chip implant?
At Dharma Wheel Engaged, go for it. The only reason discussion is allowed at Dhamma Wheel (Theravada) in this limited capacity is because this forum has this "Wellbeing, Diet & Fitness" section... were it not for that, we wouldn't have coronavirus discussions at all.
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 am I was called conspiracy theorist but now it’s all coming into reality.
Does Buddha not ask us to see the truth as it is?
Which includes not being in denial about the truth - whether that be the potential risks, benefits and alternatives. I don't see a lot of people willing to do that though... most appear partisan and happy to selectively filter evidence to push a view.
thepea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 amNow a family member of mine is dead at 42 from second dose of vaccine and I still don’t know a single body with Covid.
A good mate of mine has got it, and he's since spread it to his older sister, younger sister, mum, dad, and probably gran. He's feeling incredibly guilty about that and has said he'll never forgive himself if one of his relatives succumbs to it.

In relation to how to regard the situation, I'm inclined to think the best way is in alignment with the brahma-viharas....

- Unrestricted karuna (compassion) for anyone adversely impacted by coronavirus, the vaccines, or the mandates.
- Unrestricted metta (kindness) for anyone suffering as a result of the pandemic, which in one way or another, is virtually everyone.
- Unrestricted mudita (sympathetic joy) for anyone who has recovered from coronavirus, avoided it, not experience adverse reactions to a vaccine, or has otherwise done alright throughout the pandemic.
- Unrestricted upekkha (equanimity), looking at and understanding the situation, without bias, spite, pettiness or emotional outbursts.

Metta,
Paul. :)
So your mate didn’t get vaccinated?
Or did he get vaccinated and catch the Covid regardless?
Yes, dhamma is about health, well being and IMO the biggest link to discussing this, MORALITY. Yet it seems heavily guarded topic and I’m censored and topics locked at every turn. Why???
We are not to suppress.
What is the harm in having an open discussion regarding this social experiment? Allowing this on the one side to speak openly and allow those on the other to speak openly.
IMO it seems one sided here with those speaking positively about vaccines and mandates being given free voice while those opposing this being censored and sent to another forum to discuss these subjects of dhamma as they relate.
There are health queries and moral queries that NEED to be brought into the open.
How many boosters are enough or is the general consensus here to do whatever public health tells you to do.
FYI, they hailed and tortured me for 72hrs and they will not allow me in court to clear my good name as they are criminal in their behaviour.
So how many boosters will buddhists inject into themselves and if the stuff worked why the need for repeated boosters?
Locked