How much happy are you?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

How much happy are you?

10%
7%
20%
1%
30%
9%
40%
12%
50%
12%
60%
10%
70%
13%
80%
16%
90%
7%
100%
10%

Total votes: 67

budo

Re: How much happy are you?

Post by budo »

I would say I'm equanamous 95% of the time. There's very little that makes me happy, but also very little that upsets me.

There's nothing I really want, so I have no reason to be happy. Which is also the reason why I have no reason to be upset.

I guess the only thing I want is to live in a more secluded quiet area, which would make me happy at first until I get used to it.

I am grateful for not wanting much though.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I think meditative equanimity (Tatramahrajita) is one of the higher happiness even though I have not personally experienced it.
We should be careful not to mix this up with household equanimity.
Equanimity (tatramajjhattaa, upekkhaa) is balance of mind, a quality of neutrality free from attachment and repulsion.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I just moved mine up a notch. I love my proper job (as much as one could love work) and I love my hobby job. Family life is good, improved a bit possibly by me being happier about work, and working closer to home.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Thanks, Retro
I am glad to see that Dhamma protects you!
:anjali:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

Probably depends on individual , some seek wealth , health , good companionship , security etc .
However , even though many people equipped with this conditions yet feel unhappy because
one is still trouble by own dissatisfaction and mental negativity and external circumstances .

A person such as devadatta already attained fourth jhana but due to mental impurities still unhappy . So , jhana can be either on pro side
or con side .

Many years ago I visited an old meditator and sat beside him about half an hour , yet one could feel the peacefulness pervading onto ourself .

This experience has helped me a lot , everytime
I encounter some negativity either internally or externally , when resort back to this
peacefulness , suddenly the sky is clear .

Now with the addition in further understanding the dhamma , coupled with the peacefulness , much distress , agitation and sufferings could reduce and easier to overcome .

Happy is the man who seek nothing .

Regards .
You always gain by giving
felixet

Post by felixet »

I am not happy for my life. I'm over weight person. I try to lose my weight.
andytaylor

Post by andytaylor »

I think That 95% peoples are unhappy in their conjugal life. Also like me.