Lockdown Stress

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
SarathW

Re: Lockdown Stress

Post by SarathW »

No_Mind wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:24 pm 42nd day today. Completed 6 weeks. At least another 2 weeks already announced.

I have no objection to the lockdown but things we need (for work) not being available is annoying.

I needed a DVD writer yesterday because my computer required formatting and the DVD writer had knocked out .. also medicines for blood pressure, angina etc are running low .. I am stocked for 25 more days .. but after that?

The worst is the economic stress. I work in SEO now and being part of webosphere related advertising it is one of the first sectors to be hit. Pilots too and stewards, cruise ships, travel agents and so on .. cooks, chefs, personal trainers, photographers, freelance coders and web designers.

With large chunks of most economies devoted to these jobs .. it is tough. But it is the new normal and this will be the state we are in for long while .. maybe upto 25 years according to some estimates .. hmm

Not to garner sympathy but I have not had deep, restful sleep for many weeks. Drop into bed at 2 and awake by 5 but get up finally at 8. Very vivid dreams of people I have never seen before. Lot of paranoia. Thinking that someone has put a spell and intruding my thoughts (thankfully that went away with chanting as Ven. Pesala advised).

Overwhelming spells of paranoia is what is most surprising .. I have never ever previously felt that people were plotting against me.

The only way to connect with others is through social media and that is a minefield .. everyone it seems is learning how to bake ..

War and strife is coming .. sooner rather than later

:namaste:
Sorry to hear this.
The condition in India is not improving as per World Meter statistics.
The Indian government has to come up with a new strategy.
No mind, take your future to your hand.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

No_Mind wrote: also medicines for blood pressure, I am stocked for 25 more days … but after that?
drinking a lot of water should help blood pressure
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

cappuccino wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:15 pm
No_Mind wrote: also medicines for blood pressure, I am stocked for 25 more days … but after that?
drinking a lot of water should help blood pressure
I am not sure if this is correct even though it helps to clean the system to get rid of free radicals.
However, my experience is that regular exercise and reduced weight are the best.
Also, stop drinking tea and coffee or drink moderately.
Perhaps one meal a day may help too, even though I have not tested it.
I think breath meditation can help too. I can control my breath and reduce the reading in my blood pressure monitor.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

with less water… pressure increases in order to transfer water into cells
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

cappuccino wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:41 pm with less water… pressure increases in order to transfer water into cells
Have you tested it?
Will it affect immediately?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

SarathW wrote: Have you tested it?
You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!
Asthma, allergies, arthritis, hypertension, depression, headaches, diabetes, obesity, and MS. These are just some of the conditions and diseases that are caused by persistent dehydration. But there is a miracle solution that is readily available, all natural, and free: water.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

cappuccino wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:48 pm
Asthma, allergies, arthritis, hypertension, depression, headaches, diabetes, obesity, and MS. These are just some of the conditions and diseases that are caused by persistent dehydration. But there is a miracle solution that is readily available, all natural, and free: water.
Sorry. I am not convinced even though I agree that freshwater is the lifeblood.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

SarathW wrote: Sorry. I am not convinced
perhaps if you read the book
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

cappuccino wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:56 pm
SarathW wrote: Sorry. I am not convinced
perhaps if you read the book
I like the practice. :D
beanyan

Post by beanyan »

cappuccino wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:48 pm
Asthma is not caused by dehydration. Its caused by being exposed to vile cigarrette smoking trash as a kid.
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

Update from Calcutta -

Lockdown ended today after 70 days. Offices are open. Schools are closed. Flights are resuming. We are in first phase of a three phase "Unlock."

Like rest of the world situation is grim. Economic recession, no income for past two months, mismanagement by political bosses ..

Rising cases but thankfully Covid-19 seems to affect us less .. very few cases per million .. very few need ventilators .. very few die. In fact almost no one seems to die (only about 5500 deaths this far .. ten times that die due to malaria every month). Something genetic or to do with spices I guess (or BCG vaccination)

China has been saber rattling at our northern border. Not unusual as there is some backlash against imports from China since they landed us in this godawful mess.

Full scale war .. no .. but skirmishes yes .. proxy war through terrorists from Pakistan .. positively.

I end this thread here.

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
thepea

Post by thepea »

Canada is in day 90 of lockdown, politicians tell us every day they follow the science, but clearly are lying to us.
They clearly want us locked down, and I don’t know why.
Only people dying seem to be in long term care homes where staff have left and residents were left alone, hungry, filthy, and in urine and shit stained clothing.
I don’t understand.
Nobody will talk about this.
Everything is illegal, but if you have money you can do what you want.
All country values I held have vanished. The only thing that makes sense is to watch the wonderful young kids in the US protesting and challenging the stick.
Maha Mettā to all of them, may they change their country once and for all.
Mettā to anyone else struggling with common sense related issues and their leaders.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea
All country values I held have vanished. The only thing that makes sense is to watch the wonderful young kids in the US protesting and challenging the stick.
Nah they just make liberalism look like a pathology.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

And if we want to discuss protests or border skirmishes, let's do it at Dharma Wheel Engaged instead.

:thanks:

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
ProvUnitV

Post by ProvUnitV »

Of course, lockdown is definitely not easy. Because of this pandemic, people lost their jobs, they have been kept away from their loved ones, and the economy is constantly decreasing.