How i lose weight

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
lostitude

Re: How i lose weight

Post by lostitude »

mario92 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm Namaste i want to share some experience with losing weight. In christmas time i was 89 kg, then after returning to normal daily life, i started to weight 85 kg. Then i realized that when i was using my laptop i stop eating, and then i started to lose weight. The method i discovered was that only after i am hungry i would eat. Sometimes i eat at night and only take a glass of milk in the morning and then i dont eat anything in the morning only until 4-5:00 pm. I think also my stomach became small and i dont need to eat too much (which would be like free gastric sleeve operation). This is possible if you only eat when hungry, when you start to feel that you can not continue fasting then is a sign that you should start eating something.You have to learn to feel hungry. Also I dont have a special diet, i dont have to eat special foods or buy and use my money, i only eat what is already in my house, wich is a cheaper and economic way to lose weight. I dont think this can apply to all people, specially if you have a chronic disease like diabetes or hipertension, when you need a special diet. I have to add that i was 55 kg when i ended school and having a work gave me the oportunity to gain weight because i could eat with more confidence. But now i am getting back. My height is 1.72 meters. I still have to lose 6 kg. I also walk to use the energy stored after eating as a way of excercise. Today in the morning my weight was 78 kg. I am loosing weigth. Thanks. I dont have photos of before and after.
Well done! Eating according to one’s hunger and fullness is a natural way to eat the proper amounts. The body is equipped with calorie sensors all along the digestive tract, and it knows exactly how much food it requires and when it requires it, and that’s exactly why hunger exists.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

The book Breath by James Nestor says that out of 10 pounds of body weight lost, over 8 of them go out of the body with your breath. Oxygen comes into your system and comes out as carbon dioxide. So when you use oxygen and breathe it back out it takes weight with it. Oxygen is released to tissues by the blood where there is carbon dioxide. The body does not waste resources. Most people chronically hyperventilate so they flush too much carbon dioxide from their system. It contributes to all sorts of problems, like anxiety and difficulty sleeping. Slow your breathing, reduce the volume, and lose weight faster.
Marcos5438

Post by Marcos5438 »

mario92 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm Namaste i want to share some experience with losing weight. In christmas time i was 89 kg, then after returning to normal daily life, i started to weight 85 kg. Then i realized that when i was using my laptop i stop eating, and then i started to lose weight. The method i discovered was that only after i am hungry i would eat. Sometimes i eat at night and only take a glass of milk in the morning and then i dont eat anything in the morning only until 4-5:00 pm. I think also my stomach became small and i dont need to eat too much (which would be like free gastric sleeve operation). This is possible if you only eat when hungry, when you start to feel that you can not continue fasting then is a sign that you should start eating something.You have to learn to feel hungry. Also I dont have a special diet, i dont have to eat special foods or buy and use my money, i only eat what is already in my house, wich is a cheaper and economic way to lose weight. I dont think this can apply to all people, specially if you have a chronic disease like diabetes or hipertension, when you need a special diet. I have to add that i was 55 kg when i ended school and having a work gave me the oportunity to gain weight because i could eat with more confidence. But now i am getting back. My height is 1.72 meters. I still have to lose 6 kg. I also walk to use the energy stored after eating as a way of excercise. Today in the morning my weight was 78 kg. I am loosing weigth. Thanks. I dont have photos of before and after.
Sitting a lot in front of laptop and doing the stuff in which your body is least involved might impact your health and sleep. Keep your focus on overall body health, because healthy food is necessary to perform a lot of body functions which are vital for human health. I'd suggest you to make a proper diet plan and try your best to follow that. There are a lot of diet plan which help people in achieving fitness goals. In fact every diet plan is different for each person. If one can't do exercises then the tend to follow keto diet plan. Vegan is also a perfect plan for those who don't eat animal based products. There are a lot of ways you can achieve fitness goals by following vegan diet. These vegan tips for weight loss https://sportsinside.co.uk/blogs/post/1 ... eight-loss can help you a lot in achieving your fitness goals. Try not to go for each and every diet nor the exercise. Follow just those that resonate with your lifestyle and your fitness goals.
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Inedible wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 am The book Breath by James Nestor says that out of 10 pounds of body weight lost, over 8 of them go out of the body with your breath. Oxygen comes into your system and comes out as carbon dioxide. So when you use oxygen and breathe it back out it takes weight with it. Oxygen is released to tissues by the blood where there is carbon dioxide. The body does not waste resources. Most people chronically hyperventilate so they flush too much carbon dioxide from their system. It contributes to all sorts of problems, like anxiety and difficulty sleeping. Slow your breathing, reduce the volume, and lose weight faster.
That’s inaccurate. Oxygen does not come out as carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide you breathe out actually comes from metabolized food (acetylCoA to be specific).
The oxygen you breathe turns into metabolic water, during the process that makes ATP.
Hyperventilation has zero effect on weight loss.
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Marcos5438 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 am I'd suggest you to make a proper diet plan and try your best to follow that. There are a lot of diet plan which help people in achieving fitness goals.
Diet plans are not for everyone. Diet plans turn your eating into an artificial, highly conscious process, create an additional cognitive load, can be a significant source of stress and overthinking, and force you to deny your bodily signals of hunger and fullness to stick to whatever the plan says. That’s the fastest way to trigger compulsive eating disorders in susceptible people.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

lostitude wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 pm Hyperventilation has zero effect on weight loss.
Why do so many people say that?
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Inedible wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:58 am
lostitude wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 pm Hyperventilation has zero effect on weight loss.
Why do so many people say that?
Because so many people don't know a first thing about biochemistry, which is absolutely fine, yet spread their own misconceptions, which is slightly less fine.

But does that surprise you? I mean so many people also say that fat can turn into muscle, or that sweating profusely while running is a good way to burn fat, and what not.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

No, I mean why do so many people say that chronic overbreathing doesn't matter?

Not that it matters. I'm ready to drop it.
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Inedible wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:42 am No, I mean why do so many people say that chronic overbreathing doesn't matter?

Not that it matters. I'm ready to drop it.
All I know is that breathing in any particular way has no known effect on weight loss.
That said, I've never heard of such a condition as chronic overbreathing so I won't say more.
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested