How i lose weight

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
mario92

How i lose weight

Post by mario92 »

Namaste i want to share some experience with losing weight. In christmas time i was 89 kg, then after returning to normal daily life, i started to weight 85 kg. Then i realized that when i was using my laptop i stop eating, and then i started to lose weight. The method i discovered was that only after i am hungry i would eat. Sometimes i eat at night and only take a glass of milk in the morning and then i dont eat anything in the morning only until 4-5:00 pm. I think also my stomach became small and i dont need to eat too much (which would be like free gastric sleeve operation). This is possible if you only eat when hungry, when you start to feel that you can not continue fasting then is a sign that you should start eating something.You have to learn to feel hungry. Also I dont have a special diet, i dont have to eat special foods or buy and use my money, i only eat what is already in my house, wich is a cheaper and economic way to lose weight. I dont think this can apply to all people, specially if you have a chronic disease like diabetes or hipertension, when you need a special diet. I have to add that i was 55 kg when i ended school and having a work gave me the oportunity to gain weight because i could eat with more confidence. But now i am getting back. My height is 1.72 meters. I still have to lose 6 kg. I also walk to use the energy stored after eating as a way of excercise. Today in the morning my weight was 78 kg. I am loosing weigth. Thanks. I dont have photos of before and after.
robertk

Re: How i lose weight

Post by robertk »

mario92 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm Namaste i want to share some experience with losing weight. In christmas time i was 89 kg, then after returning to normal daily life, i started to weight 85 kg. Then i realized that when i was using my laptop i stop eating, and then i started to lose weight. The method i discovered was that only after i am hungry i would eat. Sometimes i eat at night and only take a glass of milk in the morning and then i dont eat anything in the morning only until 4-5:00 pm. I think also my stomach became small and i dont need to eat too much (which would be like free gastric sleeve operation). This is possible if you only eat when hungry, when you start to feel that you can not continue fasting then is a sign that you should start eating something.You have to learn to feel hungry. Also I dont have a special diet, i dont have to eat special foods or buy and use my money, i only eat what is already in my house, wich is a cheaper and economic way to lose weight. I dont think this can apply to all people, specially if you have a chronic disease like diabetes or hipertension, when you need a special diet. I have to add that i was 55 kg when i ended school and having a work gave me the oportunity to gain weight because i could eat with more confidence. But now i am getting back. My height is 1.72 meters. I still have to lose 6 kg. I also walk to use the energy stored after eating as a way of excercise. Today in the morning my weight was 78 kg. I am loosing weigth. Thanks. I dont have photos of before and after.
good job! :clap:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

mario92 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm Namaste i want to share some experience with losing weight. In christmas time i was 89 kg, then after returning to normal daily life, i started to weight 85 kg. Then i realized that when i was using my laptop i stop eating, and then i started to lose weight. The method i discovered was that only after i am hungry i would eat. Sometimes i eat at night and only take a glass of milk in the morning and then i dont eat anything in the morning only until 4-5:00 pm. I think also my stomach became small and i dont need to eat too much (which would be like free gastric sleeve operation). This is possible if you only eat when hungry, when you start to feel that you can not continue fasting then is a sign that you should start eating something.You have to learn to feel hungry. Also I dont have a special diet, i dont have to eat special foods or buy and use my money, i only eat what is already in my house, wich is a cheaper and economic way to lose weight. I dont think this can apply to all people, specially if you have a chronic disease like diabetes or hipertension, when you need a special diet. I have to add that i was 55 kg when i ended school and having a work gave me the oportunity to gain weight because i could eat with more confidence. But now i am getting back. My height is 1.72 meters. I still have to lose 6 kg. I also walk to use the energy stored after eating as a way of excercise. Today in the morning my weight was 78 kg. I am loosing weigth. Thanks. I dont have photos of before and after.
I am going to try this.. but can I eat anything like fast foods like pizza or burgers?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Good job :thumbsup:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
mario92

Post by mario92 »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:03 pm
I am going to try this.. but can I eat anything like fast foods like pizza or burgers?
Namaste confusedlayman, i usually eat what my mother cook, in weekends is when we buy fast food, even tough i dont eat usually pizza or burgers, i dont really know if you can loose weight. But maybe you can try and see what happens in a week.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thanks robertk, confusedlayman and ceisiwr :anjali:
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Very good. But watch out and don't miss the point when enough weight has been lost. Only eating when hungry is healthy though when one is used to regular physical exercise only eating when hungry might entail a lack of caloric energy.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thanks SteRo :anjali: :)
ShanYin

Post by ShanYin »

Only eat what's in your home and when your hungry. Good plan! I should try it

Congrats!
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thanks Shan yin :anjali:
Marcos5438

Post by Marcos5438 »

Thanks for these awesome tips. I think eating only when you are hungry and your body is looking for the energy from outside. Then eating a normal healthy diet can be great for your health, and it can help you in acquiring the weight that suits your height and gender.
denise

Post by denise »

hello all....have found during these times that, as Mario mentioned, getting lost in the computer and losing track of time has had an effect....have lost 15 pounds during these times and the part that's not so good is losing muscle mass....need to keep track of that...also be vigilant of dehydration ...dehydration is a sneaky one
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

so one meal a day not needed?

im having problem in keeping one meal a day intentionally...
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:18 pm so one meal a day not needed?

im having problem in keeping one meal a day intentionally...
It's a good program to do, but not required for losing weight. See the calculator I posted here:
https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?p=576748#p576748

You can calculate how many calories you need per day to maintain your weight. Eating less than that will result in weight loss. It's almost all about calorie intake. Too much, you get fat, too little you lose weight. Exercise helps, but the main thing is the amount of calories you eat per day.

So for example, if your ideal number of calories is 2100 per day, it doesn't matter if you eat those 2100 calories in one meal or spread out over 3 meals of 700 each. (It doesn't matter in terms of weight loss or gain.)
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

- muscle is heavier than fat (by volume)
- muscle burns fat even when sleeping
- weight training builds muscle
- aerobics burns fat

Longterm weight maintenance is a combination of activity and diet habits

Meditation that changes the craving and aversion in relation to pleasant and unpleasant feelings makes for ease