Bullworker, isometrics and blood pressure

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
tellyontellyon

Bullworker, isometrics and blood pressure

Post by tellyontellyon »

I like to use this old school bit of equipment called a Bullworker. They've changed a bit since the 70's but are still quite similar.
Had anybody else used one of these?
I find it quite good for toning up without too much huffing and puffing.
I've also started using something called an Iso-Flo, which is a newer gadget that uses straps. I quite like these gadget things as I can take them to work.
My dad died a bit over a year ago and when I was a teenager I used to use his Bullworker, so I bought one again to bring back the memories and I really need to get a bit fitter. I get high blood pressure and I read that the static/isometric exercises can help with high blood pressure.
Have you tried this sort of exercise?

“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
No_Mind

Re: Bullworker, isometrics and blood pressure

Post by No_Mind »

I used Bullworker when I was in high school. Didn't notice much change.

You need physical movement - with or without weight and cardio of some type.

Further you should not trust what you find on YT or any social media especially about - weight loss, exercise schedules, makeup, beauty tips, dating advice, heartbreak advice, automotive repair, unboxing videos, yoga and even meditation.

Most of it is commercial and not authentic. There are numerous ripped trainers who spend all day exercising and then post a video about how a 10 minute bar workout can make one big and shredded. It cannot. They are selling you an e-course, Skype training at $100 an hour. It's all hustle.

In same way, most before-after transformations that look too good to be true are make believe. The "after" is actually before. Then they eat 6000 calories a day, drink beer and hardly move for a week to get to "before".

I can go on and on.

If you have an experienced eye you can differentiate the genuine from fake. The authentic videos are not slick, not well edited, have bad audio, average background (not a superb minimalist off-white walls NY apartment, a beach, a lake).

This is an example of an authentic video (I know because he posted this before the commercial influencers started and has shot it using terrible props, technique and background).

Edit Add -

Your first YT video is from an affiliate. He gets a commission every time you use his link to buy Bullworker.

Your second YT video is from Bullworker.

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
tellyontellyon

Re: Bullworker, isometrics and blood pressure

Post by tellyontellyon »

I'm not an affiliate, and it works ok for me. I don't think it's for building big muscles, but for toning up and improving my strength, it works fine for me... I guess you get out what you put in?
You can do moving exercise with both pieces of equipment... as you see in the videos?

There is hype in advertising, of course, that's the nature of advertising... no matter what is being sold... However, there is just as much nonsense being put out in videos that are not slick at all, and are not being done for profit... The real measure is to try it out for yourself.
“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”
― Søren Kierkegaard