covid vaccine: yea or nay?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

will you get the covid vaccine?

yes, with conditions
25%
no, with conditions
8%
yes, unconditionally
35%
no, unconditionally
31%

Total votes: 48

Dan74

Re: covid vaccine: yea or nay?

Post by Dan74 »

To be clear, the decision from SwissMedic was not a final rejection of AstaZeneca vaccine. The company can provide more data and on that basis an immediate authorisation can be provided.
_/|\_
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Dan74 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:33 am To be clear, the decision from SwissMedic was not a final rejection of AstaZeneca vaccine. The company can provide more data and on that basis an immediate authorisation can be provided.
Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it :jumping:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Ceisiwr wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 pm
Dan74 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:33 am To be clear, the decision from SwissMedic was not a final rejection of AstaZeneca vaccine. The company can provide more data and on that basis an immediate authorisation can be provided.
Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it :jumping:
Well... I am all for healthy scepticism.
_/|\_
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55932832

Also a colleague i have from Israel was knocked out for 36 hours after taking the second COVID vaccine and was in severe pain.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

My father-in-law (83) had the Pfizer vaccine today (first shot). No reaction, feeling fine so far.
_/|\_
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 pm My father-in-law (83) had the Pfizer vaccine today (first shot). No reaction, feeling fine so far.
Big difference to an 83 yr old male and a 23yr old female.
We have no idea about fertility risks or birth defects.
Longevity problems.
Your father in law has basically reached life expectancy.
Big difference than someone living 60 years with adverse affects.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:05 pm
Dan74 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 pm My father-in-law (83) had the Pfizer vaccine today (first shot). No reaction, feeling fine so far.
Longevity problems.
There is no evidence for either of those.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:15 pm
Longevity problems.
How so?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Longevity problems.
How so?
By the lack of evidence. Or, to put it another way, there is no evidence that the vaccines cause or have an impact upon deformities or fertility.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 pm

How so?
By the lack of evidence. Or, to put it another way, there is no evidence that the vaccines cause or have an impact upon deformities or fertility.
Exactly there is no evidence either way as they are new.
We just don’t know the long term effects of these vaccines.
Hence why I made the distinction between an 83 yr old man who has just about reached life expectancy vs. a 23yr old female who has much life expectancy to endure if a negative vaccine side effect occurs.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:48 pm

How so?
Hence why I made the distinction between an 83 yr old man who has just about reached life expectancy vs. a 23yr old female who has much life expectancy to endure if a negative vaccine side effect occurs.
There isn’t any evidence either that they cause you to grow an extra toe. You could make your argument against any new drug or treatment. It’s dumb. You can only go by what the data and evidence shows. There is no evidence to suggest that the vaccines cause infertility etc.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Try to schedule your shots so you don't have to do much for a day or two after. Especially the second shot. That one is definitely more uncomfortable than the first.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:52 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:48 pm

There isn’t any evidence either that they cause you to grow an extra toe. You could make your argument against any new drug or treatment. It’s dumb. You can only go by what the data and evidence shows. There is no evidence to suggest that the vaccines cause infertility etc.
A vaccine in past takes average of 10 yrs. lots of tests and studies. This allows for time sensitive side effects to show up. Skipping this process does not offer any real safety to public.
It’s a matter of trust.
My brother worked for big pharma(Merck). He pushed a drug on Drs for years using his companies deep pockets persuade them to write the scrip.
It was all about the scrips, live and die for the scrips.
Then the drug started killing the patients, he brought up his concerns they had him labelled mentally ill by company psychiatrist as he was pushing for them to remove the drug. They just wanted him to keep selling.
He had friends at Pfizer also, same corporate business plan.
He quit and eventually they pulled the product from the shelves.
Watching the purely evil tactics and what they put him through simply for profit, and killing extra people after knowing the drug did this.

You can think “I’m dumb” for having zero trust in medical and pharmaceutical industry but I don’t based on past wisdom accumulated.

We just don’t know what this vaccines will do to us in long term.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:08 am

A vaccine in past takes average of 10 yrs. lots of tests and studies. This allows for time sensitive side effects to show up. Skipping this process does not offer any real safety to public.
It’s a matter of trust.
The time was significantly reduced by running various parts of the trial at the same time.
My brother worked for big pharma(Merck). He pushed a drug on Drs for years using his companies deep pockets persuade them to write the scrip.
Then the drug started killing the patients, he brought up his concerns they had him labelled mentally ill by company psychiatrist as he was pushing for them to remove the drug. They just wanted him to keep selling.
Watching the purely evil tactics and what they put him through simply for profit, and killing extra people after knowing the drug did this.
This is irrelevant.
You can think “I’m dumb” for having zero trust in medical and pharmaceutical industry but I don’t based on past wisdom accumulated.
I don’t think you are dumb because you mistrust them, although I’m not quite on the “Big Pharma bad” bus. What I thought was dumb was your logic:

P1) There is no evidence that x causes y
P2) x could cause y
C) Therefore, I won’t take x

Let’s apply this to something else. I’m choosing trains as some used to be concerned about travelling at high speeds when they were first invented:

P1) There is no evidence that travelling by train causes harm.
P2) Travelling at those speeds could harm the body.
C) Therefore, I won’t travel by train.

I trust you can see the problem here.
If it’s anything like other vaccines, nothing except what it says on the tin.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:23 am
thepea wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:08 am

It’s a matter of trust.
The time was significantly reduced by running various parts of the trial at the same time.
This is irrelevant.
I don’t think you are dumb because you mistrust them, although I’m not quite on the “Big Pharma bad” bus. What I thought was dumb was your logic:

P1) There is no evidence that x causes y
P2) x could cause y
C) Therefore, I won’t take x

Let’s apply this to something else. I’m choosing trains as some used to be concerned about travelling at high speeds when they were first invented:

P1) There is no evidence that travelling by train causes harm.
P2) Travelling at those speeds could harm the body.
C) Therefore, I won’t travel by train.

I trust you can see the problem here.
If it’s anything like other vaccines, nothing except what it says on the tin.
I’m sorry but time is a step you just cannot skip or replace when it comes to long term effects.
We just do not know the effects long term of this vaccine.
In time we will know from those who take it.
I will not be taking this and neither will my family.
We are heavily exposed and most likely have contracted this and are recovered and immune. I’m just not concerned with this virus. I honestly never have been.
I’ve seen the nefarious activity and psychological cruelty it’s having on our population. I’ve also personally investigated every avenue of health care during this planned event and have experienced their lies and deception first hand. I don’t trust the news, I go out and get first hand experience with regards to anything that concerns me. This includes government, courts of law, enforcement, medical including psychiatric, civil liberties, education, and food supply.
All are working in lockstep and are not operating with the public’s best interests at heart. I know this because I’ve placed myself on the front lines challenging every aspect of this. Not many have done this I suspect.
So you will NEVER convince me otherwise.
You can argue with me all you want, knock yourself out.